Goofing Around

Take A Turn For The Better

“YOU’RE DATING HIM? YOU CONFESSED? HE CONFESSED? OH MY GOD CONGRATULATIONS YENA!!!! I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I LIKE TAEHYUNG. HE’S NICE AND PERFECT FOR YOU.” Yoongi yelled through the phone.

“Yes, I just started dating him and I love his voice. I’d like to hear it every day so don’t ruin my ear drums oppa!!!” said Yena.

“I’m just glad for you, kid. You don’t have to be all alone now.”

“I was never alone! I always had you~”

“Awww~ That’s sweet!”

Yena giggled. “Yes, yes, I know. Taehyung and Jin oppa asked you to come by one day. I gave them your phone number. That’s fine, right?”

“Obviously. I would have given it to them myself but I forgot that day. I was so caught up-“

“Teasing me.” Finished Yena.

“Pfft~ Was not.”

“Says you but not me.”

“Anyways.” Yoongi said. “I’ll come by one day. I have to go. A new case here. Meet you soon kiddo!”

“Bye oppa~ Take care.”

“You too.”

Yena ended the call and sighed. She turned to Taehyung who had the same expression as her.

“Yup, our brothers are more excited. Or are they just crazy?” asked Taehyung.

“I think it’s a little bit of both.” Said Yena. “They just care about us…a little too much. That’s all.”

Taehyung chuckled. “I’m glad they do.” Taehyung moved in closer to Yena on the sofa and put a hand around her shoulder. “So, Yena! What do you want to do?”

“Take a shower.”

Taehyung’s face turned red. “Sh-shower?”

Yena saw his expression and half smiled with her eye brows raised.”Alone, Taehyung. Alone.”

“Oh…I thought…Fine then! Come quickly. You’ve never seen my room, have you?”

“No~ You’ll give me a tour?”

“All exclusive tour for my little Yena.”

“Then I’ll be back soon.” Yena playfully twirled on her feet. “Won’t you give me a kiss before I go?”

“K-kiss?” Taehyung gulped and Yena laughed.

“I’m just kidding oppa~”

Yena went to her room for a shower and Taehyung was left alone to think.

“Kiss? But if it’s on the lips…how do I kiss? I don’t know how to kiss..”

Taehyung went to his room and switched on his laptop.

“How to kiss.” Taehyung typed on the search engine. “This is so embarrassing..” He thought to himself.

He read every tip he could find and didn’t see the time pass by. So when Jin and Yena walked into his room, they got the shock of their life.

“Here you go~ This is Taehyung’s room.” Said Jin as he pushed open the door.

“Thanks opp-“ Yena stopped halfway in her sentence.

Taehyung was sitting on his chair, holding one of Jin’s Mario dolls, and about to kiss it. His lips were in a pout and his eyes were closed shut. His head, tilted slightly.  When he suddenly heard the door open, he bolted up from his chair and threw the Mario doll behind him.

“H-hey Y-Yena. H-hyung.” Taehyung waved awkwardly.”What are you d-doing here?”

“You said you would give me a tour…Jin oppa showed me the room…What were you doing?” said Yena.

“M-me? Nothing. Just surfing the net.” He turned to the computer to see an article open and hurriedly closed the window. “Just surfing.”

“And my doll?” Asked Jin with raised eye brows. “Why were you making kissy faces at it?”

“Me? Whaaaat?” Taehyung said in a raised voice. “It was lying around here…from that…prank…yeah!”

“You didn’t answer why you were about to kiss it.” Said Jin.

“I was just playing with the doll.” Said Taehyung, staring right at his brother.

“Taehyung, move over.” Jin pushed him aside and Yena stood at the doorway, her lips curled in as though to seal them.

“Why? Wh-“Before Taehyung could ask, Jin opened up the browser and went straight to history. He stared at the searches for a few seconds and then guffawed.

“You-You-you! Were! Pra-prac-“ Jin fell on the floor laughing.

“Oppa?” Yena walked towards the laptop to see what had made Jin laugh so much. “YOU WERE PRACTICING WITH THE DOLL?” Yena asked in surprise and then laughed too.

Taehyung felt kind of embarrassed. “S-so what! I’ve never done it before.”

Yena’s laugh slowly faded and she walked over to Taehyung. “TaeTae, I knew you were so adorable.” She smiled sweetly at him. “Neither have I. So I don’t know how to either.”

Taehyung blinked. “Really? But you’re so pretty~ I was sure some guy once must have…”

“And I thought that since you’re such a celebrity, you must be experienced too. Guess I was wrong.”

“HA!! HE WAS PRACTICING WITH MY MARIO DOLL!!!” Jin’s voice filled the room.

“Oppa, seriously. Enough.” Said Yena.

“KISSING THE MARIO DOLL! THE SAME DOLLS HE MAKES FUN OF ME FOR!”

Taehyung picked up the doll which he had thrown back in surprise and walked over to Jin.

“You like it so much? Here, kiss it yourself.” Taehyung put the doll over Jin’s lips and made smooching noises. “Mwaaahhh ummwahhh~”

“Shwwwttooopp it Twaehyung!” Jin mumbled from underneath the doll which Taehyung was stuffing on his face.

“What did you say? You want more? Here~” Taehyung rubbed the doll on his brothers face. “Ooo Jin~ You’re so wild. Mwahhh~ Mwaahhh~”

Yena was laughing into the wall, trying her best to stop.

“Ooo Jin, honey. Wanna pop some of those buttons for me?” said Taehyung in a girly voice.

“YOU GOOFBALL! I SAID STOP IT!” said Jin as he managed to push away Taehyung. “YOU BRAT! COME HERE!”

“As if I’m scared of you!” said Taehyung.

“That’s it. You’re dead today. You little-“But before he could finish, a pillow flew over his face. It was Yena.

“Run!” She grabbed Taehyung’s hand and ran out of the room.

“YOU BOTH ARE SO DEAD!!” Jin ran behind them.

“So, would you like a marathon tour of the house?” Taehyung asked Yena, as he twisted his fingers around her hand to grab her wrists.

“Sure. Maybe this could be a Temple Run new version.”

“You’re saying that hyung is a gorilla?” Taehyung laughed and called over his shoulder to Jin who was trying his best to catch up. “You heard that hyung? You’re the gorilla in Temple Run.”

“You cheeky little goofballs!” he shouted.

When they were both well ahead of Jin, Taehyung suddenly pulled Yena into a left turn. “Quick, here. He’ll never guess we came here.”

Taehyung opened a heavy looking wooden door and quietly closed it behind him. Just as Taehyung predicted, Jin’s footsteps vanished the opposite direction.

“Why are we hiding from him?” asked Yena.

“Oh come on! Let him run on a wild goose chase.” Said Taehyung, with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Yena chuckled. “You sure know how to make him go crazy.”

“Hey, you threw the pillow! I was ready for the consequences.”

“I was trying to protect you from him. I still want you in one piece.”

“Aww~ You care.”

Yena giggled as his fingers slid through the cotton fabric of her shirt and around her slim waist. He pulled her in closer and placed a kiss on top of her head. “You have your kiss now~ When can I have mine?”

“Soon.” Said Yena playfully.

“Don’t make me wait.”

“It’ll be a surprise~” Now it was Yena’s eyes that shone with mischief.

 

“So why exactly didn’t Jin oppa think we’d be here?” asked Yena.

“When I was young, he scared me telling that the aliens visit this place at night and that people have seen strange lights. He even played a prank on me once when I was in high school – lights and all. He thinks I still believe it and wouldn’t come in here.” Explained Taehyung. “Of course, I put a show every time we come near this place so he’d keep believing that. Now it’s kind of turned into my quite place.”

The dim light created shadows of the book shelves and tables in the otherwise empty room. The room looked quite dusty and showed that it was unattended to.

“Think it’s time to go out of hiding?” asked Taehyung.

“Yes. He’s probably boiling with frustration now.” Said Yena and she was right.

Jin was running around asking every maid in the house if they’d seen the two of them. “WHERE ARE YOU BOTH? COME OUT NOW!” They heard his voice echoing from downstairs.

“We’re here hyung!” said Taehyung dancing behind the sofa which was only a few feet away from Jin.

“YOU!” Jin ran behind them and attempted to jump over the sofa. He ended up tumbling onto the small table behind the sofa with a flower vase which filled with fresh flowers and water to nourish them. It fell on his head, drenching his hair and decorating it with different colored daisies.  

Jin vowed to take revenge on the both of them for the Office Mario Infestation prank and left them for then. For the rest of the day, he had a kind of scary look on his face as though he was plotting something evil…which was true.

When it was time to turn in, Taehyung and Yena hugged each other good night. It was just their first day and they kind of found warmth in their clumsy hugs and holding hands. But only Taehyung had actually slept. A little later, Yena looked around the corridor outside her door.

“Psst! Sia!” she whispered to Sia who was waiting for her a little away from the door, looking to see if anyone was there.

Sia turned to Yena and rushed over. “Make it quick, Yena! If the others ask where I was, I’ve got nothing to tell.”

“Don’t worry. Just show me his room. This house is just too big for me. I can’t remember where everything is!”

Sia led her quietly to Taehyung’s room.

“I’ll be right back.” Said Yena and quietly turned the door knob. Taehyung was curled up under his blanket. A dim light was on in the room so it was easy for Yena to make her way to him. His peaceful look soft cheeks which were squished by the pillow made her smile. The beauty spot on his nose added a little more cuteness to it. Yena ran her fingers gently through his hair and Taehyung eye lids fluttered.

He blinked with sleep and surprise in his eyes. “Yena?”

“Surprise~” She said. She bent down to his face and kissed his forehead. “Good night Taetae~ Thank you for being mine and my first ever.”