At the park

Hate... or Love...?

I went out of my room, already well-groomed and tidy for the day. Jungkook was already there with Jimin, eating eggs and, yeah. Only eggs. And a cup of milk was placed in front of them. They also prepared my breakfast, which was the same as their’s.

“Morning!” I greeted them and sat down.

“Morning Jagiya.” Jungkook greeted back and Jimin choked on his egg. Jimin drank some of his milk and went back to eating. Guess he wasn’t used at seeing his brother act all lovey-dovey to me. I ate my egg and drank my milk quickly.

“Kaja, let’s go to school.” I tugged Jungkook’s vest and stood up.

He stood up and we wore our shoes.

“Be careful on the way there!” Jimin shouted and we banged the door shut.


~

“Yah, ppali! We’ll be late if you’re this slow!” Jungkook whined.

“Yeah, I’m trying!”

I was taking out my books from the locker you see. And there were so many!

“Geez, Let me help.” He grabbed half of the books from my arms and I felt as if I lost 10 kg.

“About time you helped me.”

I locked my locker and we both walked to my class. Ugh, why aren’t we in the same class? Stupid class arrangements. He placed the books on my desk and heaved a sigh. “Kamsahabnida!” I thanked him and he patted my head.

“Anything for my baby.” He smiled.

“Eish! We’re in school for God’s sake!” I hit his chest.

He chuckled. “Arraseo, Bye Joojoo!” And he ran off to his class.

The bell rang just in time and the teacher went in.


~


School finally ended. Me and Jungkook were walking side by side to the café we always went. We sat down on a table for two.

“What do you want to order?” Jungkook asked me.

“You know already.” I said to him.

“Of course I know, I’m just asking to make sure.”

“Okay then go order.” I shooed him away.

He walked to the cashier and ordered for the two us. I picked up his cellphone and unlocked it, Ugh, password. I randomly guessed it. Our anniversary? August 27. So it’ll be… 2708. I typed it in and it unlocked. The wallpaper was a selfie of us that we took in Namsan Tower. Embarrassed, I opened his text messages, I don’t even know what I’m doing. The first one was from me, of course. The second one was from an Unknown Number. Huh? I opened it and scrolled to the top.


(U= Unknown ; JK= Jungkook)

‘U: Hi Jungkook
JK: Who is this?
U: None of your business, I only have one request, Break up with Eunjoo.
JK: How did you get my number? Who is this?
U: I said it’s none of your business.
JK: What do you want
U: I said it already, Break up with Eunjoo, and No one will get hurt.
JK: And if I don’t?
U: Hm… You’ll see
U: You’re a good guy Jungkook, break up with her, she’s not worth it.
U: You can date better girls
U: Why aren’t you replying?
U: Scared?
U: You should be.


My hands are shaking. Is this sent from those girls? Why? Jungkook dating me is making his life harder. I’m useless. All I do is make the people’s lives I love worse. I went to his call history, the Unknown Number called Jungkook. I gulped. What did they talk about? Is this why he’s been preoccupied and neglecting me? I locked the phone back and placed it on the table. I tried to steady my breathing. Stay calm.

“Here’s your orders.” I heard Jungkook’s voice.

I looked up and saw him smiling. Despite all this, he still managed to smile. He should’ve told me so we could settle this together. Why is he always suffering alone? I sipped my drink. Should I tell him that I know? Yes I should. This should stop.

“Kookie-ah… I know now, you don’t need to hide it anymore.” I said softly, grabbing his hand.

“Hm? Know what?” I can hear the worry in his voice. His voice was quavering and yet he still managed to act all cool.

“About an Unknown Number, calling and texting you these days.”

He froze, and looked at me.

“H-how?” He asked.

“It doesn’t matter. Why didn’t you tell me? So that we could settle this together.” I told him. He avoided eye contact.

“I just, don’t want you to get hurt again, like the last time.” He my hand.

I sighed. This is getting worse.

“You d-don’t wanna break up, right?” He asked me.

“No, of course not.”

“Then let’s just forget about it, live like we never received those messages, act like we aren’t affected by it.” He said.

I nodded.

“Ja, let’s continue drinking.” He handed me my drink and I took a sip.

We drank quietly, but after awhile I couldn’t take this awkward silence anymore.

“Who do you think is behind all those texts?” I ask him. He looked up from his drink and stared at me, as if he’s already telling me through telepathy. And strangely I kind of got his message, he thinks that the girls who bullied me last time were the ones who texted and called him.

“And maybe I’ll even know who those girls are. You said there were three of them right? There were three girls I used to you know play with before I met you. Maybe they’re the ones behind all this mess.” Jungkook said.

“And who are they? I mean their names and such.” I asked him.

“Yebin, Gahyun and Sunye.” He pointed out.

I stayed silent. Why? They couldn’t do anything to separate us. Nothing will. I saw Jungkook take out out bucketlist notebook. You remember? The book with ridiculous red spots and a red background. Okay I take that back, it’s a really beautiful notebook.

“Let’s not focus on the and things now, let’s cross out the ones that we’ve already done.” He gestured to the notebook, smiling.

I nodded and opened the book. I took out my pen and crossed out some.


1. Go bungee jumping together.
2. Bring Joojoo to go parasailing!
3. Help Jungkook be a good boy.✅
4. Have the whole BTS meet Joojoo.✅
5. Go to Namsan Tower and place our padlocks there.✅
6. Make a song for Joojoo
7. Go to a zoo with Jungkook✅
8. Bring Eunjoo to a dinner date
9. Go out to the park with Jungkook
10. Get married with Eunjoo <3

 


“We have 6 more to go.” I declared after crossing out some.

“Let’s do number 9 now! There’s a park near here!” Jungkook said excitedly.

I nodded my head in agreement, “Sure, Kaja.”

We both grabbed our drinks and headed out to the park.

I saw kids running around happily, with their moms sitting on benches, watching them closely as they play their heart out. We both head towards the bench when a little boy came zooming past us, he hit Jungkook’s thigh and fell. Blood was dripping down his knee and tears were threatening to fall from the poor boy’s eyes. I instantly knelt down beside him and examined his wound.

“Mianhaeyo! Did it hurt very much?” Jungkook was now also kneeling down beside the boy.

The boy nodded. He had black hair, really short. His hair was spikey and he had really chubby cheeks. His skin was really pale too.

“Let unnie look at the wound.” I said while taking out a bottle of water and a plaster. The little boy showed me his knee and gave a really cute glare to Jungkook.

I giggled. “Hyung is really bad for making you fall, right?” I asked him while I washed his wound.

He nodded again. “Noona is he your boyfriend?” He leaned in and whispered.

I blushed a little and nodded.

“Be careful, later on, he’ll make you fall, just like me.” He warned.

“Aniyo, oppa is actually really kind.” I said.

“Not for me.” The boy again glared at Jungkook.

“Yah! Hyung heard that!” Jungkook said.

The boy stuck out his tongue. I plastered his wound and helped the boy stand.

“But noona, your boyfriend is really handsome.” He whispered.

“So did noona make a good choice?” I asked him smiling. He’s really cute.

“Ne. Even though he makes mistakes sometimes, I want to be as handsome as him.” He confessed.

“Arraseo.” I laughed.

“I must go back to eomma now. Annyeong noona! Annyeong hyung!” He said and he scampered away.

“You know, you’re really good with kids.” Jungkook said.

“Yeah I know.” I smiled.

“I wonder how will our kid look like?” Jungkook asked me out of the blue.

“W-what?”

“I bet he’ll be as handsome as me.” He boasted.

“Yah! Let’s not think about that.” I hit him and we continued walking. “I’m tired, let’s go home Kookie-ah.” I wrapped my arm around his and leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Arraseo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

A/N: 

 

I got my phone back! Hope you like the update! I'll see you in the next chap!