Donate

Hate... or Love...?

-JUNGKOOK'S POV-

I opened my eyes slowly and adjusted to the bright light of the light bulb. I squinted, trying to make out the faces around me.

Stranger, stranger, stranger, stranger and

Eunjoo.

Where am I? What happened? Wha-

"Doctor he's awake." A girl, somewhat like a nurse nudged a doctor beside her.

"Huh?" The doctor brought his stethoscope to my chest. I realise that there were wires attatched to me. Lots of them. I turned my head and saw Eunjoo with the same anount of wires attatched to her. The slight rise and fall of her chest was a sign that she was still breathing and alive. Then, I realised we were in a moving vehicle.

An ambulance.

I furrowed my brows, trying to remember what happened, and how did me and Eunjoo ended up here?

Realization hit me too slowly.

The speed of my car. The brakes that didn't work. The crash. The explosion.

Eunjoo.

I franticly looked to my right and saw Eunjoo with blood soaked on her sleeveless white crop top. Tears started to form in my eyes. It's all my fault. My fault for initiating the 'game'.

Stupid me.

"Doctor, I-is she okay?" I whispered to the doctor.

"Sir, I want you to refrain from talking and—"

"I said if she's okay or not!" I screamed and breathed hardly. My head started to throb and my feet stings.

"Sir, please calm down. Breathe." The doctor instructed.

I took long deep breaths and calmed down.

"We'll be arriving at the hospital soon, so stay calm." The nurse informed me.

Suddenly, Eunjoo started jolting in her slumber. She started coughing out blood and was heavily breathing.

"Doctor! Help her!" I shouted at him and stared at him with big pleading eyes.

The doctor hurriedly grabbed his equipment and injected her with some transparent liquid that I guess was supposed to calm her down. I'm silently praying for Eunjoo to be okay. She was suffering more than me now. And it's all because of a stupid little game.

"I'll inject a sleeping serum in you now, to help you calm down." A nurse spoke to me as I felt a little twinge in my skin, indicating that the needle is already in my skin.

My eyelids started to feel heavy and off I went to dreamland.

~

"Jungkook! No! Help me..." Eunjoo shouted on top of her lungs as she was dragged away from her by two guy, dressed in white from head to toe.

"Eunjoo, Kajima..." I reached out for her as far as I can but she's slipping away.

The guy on her right took out a gun and aimed it at her. He loaded the gun and was preparing to shoot when I launched in front of Eunjoo and took the bullet for her instead.

Pain pierced through my chest. So this is how I'm going to die. I'm going ro die saving my loved ones. Eunjoo ran towards me and knelt beside me. She cried a waterfall and whispered things like 'Don't go...' and 'I Love you....'

But I didn't manage to say anything back to her, before I out completely.

Only one single thought filled my mind before I passed out, I have no courage to say it.

I love you eternally Eunjoo...

~

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I'm in a different room.

What does that dream mean?

I scanned my surroundings and judging by the hospital gown I'm wearing, I'm at the hospital. A heart monitor sat at the bedside table, beeping as it indicates my heartbeat.

I noticed a woman sleeping beside me.

Eomma.

It's been so long since I've last saw her. Eomma's wrinkles never stood out this much before, she must've had a few sleepless nights.

How long have I been out? Where's Eunjoo? Is she okay?

My head started to pound because I was having too much complicated thought. Eomma stirred in her sleep and slowly woke up, her eyes wide as she sees me.

"아이구, 우리 아들... (Aigoo, our son...)" She sobbed as she embraced me in her arms.

"I'm okay Eomma, uljima." I patted her back and she sniffled.

"You're really good at making Eomma and Appa worried you know." She gave me a small smile,
just as the hospital door open, revealing Appa.

"Eo, Jungkook-ah, you've waken up?" He smiled and gave me a fatherly hug.

"You rascal, don't you dare do something dangerous like that again." My father seriously said and I nodded in response.

The door slid open again, revealing Jimin, with his red and swollen eyes, and Taehyung, with his eyes all puffy.

Have they been crying?

I grinned at them and waved.

"Yah! Do you know how I almost got an heart attack knowing you were in the ICU?!" Jimin lightly punched my arm and ruffled my hair.

"I cried buckets!" He exclaimed again and pretended to wipe away his tears.

I chuckled at his childish attitude. Taehyung gave me a high five and hugged me. "Glad you're okay buddy."

I tried to sit up, but failed as my gut hurt. Eomma pressed a button and the bed automatically went up for me. How stupid I am.

"Thanks eomma." I smiled weakly.

"Where's Eunjoo?" I eyed each of them one by one, waiting for an answer.

"Um," Jimin scratched the back of his head and Taehyung avoided eye contact. Eomma and Appa were busy murmuring among themselves to notice me asking.

"Tell me." I said, determined to know.

"Well, you see...." Taehyung started.

Is she dead? God please, no.

"She's not dead." Jimin said, confirming my thoughts. I sighed in relief.

Taehyung continued, "She's in a coma. For about 6 days already. The doctors said that her heart was severely damaged and that she might need a heart donor. The problem is that we haven't found one... And if we don't fond one soon-"

"She'll die." I finish for Taehyung. My heart ached at the thought of Eunjoo not with me, of Eunjoo dying. I shooed the thought away from me head.

Then, another brilliant thought filled my mind.

"What if I donate my heart to her?"