Jeon Jimin

Hate... or Love...?

-EUNJOO POV-


Jungkook hugged me tighter.

 


"I promise I'll protect you from everything, and anything. You'll be the only girl in my heart. Don't look anyone else like how you look at me, my heart is for you and your heart is mine. I love you for eternity, Eunjoo-ya... Saranghae..." He said softly, then kissing my forehead.

 

I was speechless, and eventually, I teared up. And Jungkook noticed that I was sniffling.

 

"Hey, why are you crying?" He asked gently, while wiping off the tears that are rolling down my cheeks. I said nothing and hugged him.

 

"There there, it's okay. I'm here." Jungkook cooed me as I cried silently on his chest.

 

 

"You know, If you keep crying there, my shirt will get wet, and... Ew! Your mucus will go to my shirt! Ew!" He pretended to be disgusted, but still hugged me nonetheless.

 

 

I giggled and broke the hug. I wiped my tears, and Jungkook gave me a bottle of water. I took it and chugged some water into my body.

 

 

"Kaja, it's almost time." He said and gestured me to go with him out of the door. I nodded and went out of the music room. We walked side by side to our class, not holding hands though. I was expecting him to hold it... My hand is already itching to just grab his hand...

 


"So are we, you know... official?" I asked quietly.

 


He nodded happily and grinned. I blushed and looked away.

 


"Shall we hold hands...?" He asked me. I didn't reply. The sound of my heart thumping rang in my ears. Instead, I fiddled with my fingers. He grabbed my hand and interlocked his fingers with mine and we continued to walk to class.

 


People were staring and whispering everywhere. "Don't mind them." Jungkook assured me and I nodded.

 


"Bye, babe~" Jungkook said.

 


I gave him a glare. "Bye, Jungkook." I said monotonely and turned to walk away.

 


He grabbed my arm and said, "I know you like it when I call you babe." He teased me. I hit him on the chest as I looked away, blushing.

 


"Aw, so cute." He said while pinching my cheeks.

 


"Yah, there are people around..." I shifted uncomfortably.

 


He chuckled. "Okay. Bye Joo~" He said and finally walked away. I heaved a sigh and walked in my class.

 


As I predicted, people started to whisper about me and Jungkook.

 

 


"Did you see that just now? That held hands with my Jungkookie!"

 

 


I almost gagged at 'my Jungkookie'. Excuse me, but he's mine now.

 

 


"What does she think she's doing? Is she gonna seduce him like what she did to Sehun?"

 

 


"I bet she doesn't love him, she's just using him. Pft."

 

 

 

Thats it. They broke my patience.

 

 

 


I walked to the girl's table and hit it. She and her petty little friend jerked up a little, but still keeping their head low.

 


"If you girls don't know anything, just shut your dirty mouth up." I hissed and glared at them.

 

I walked back to my seat and sat down. I felt relieved. All these time, I've been quiet, but now I finally stood up for myself. Good job, Eunjoo. I thought to myself.

 


As if on cue, the teacher went in, and class started again. I don't know what's gotten into me, but this time, I payed attention.

 


~

 


*RRRIIINNNGGG*

 


I picked up my books and headed to the locker to put them in. Just as I walked out of the class, I saw Jungkook waiting for me, with his hands in his pockets. I giggled and walked to him.

 


"Kookie!" I called his attention.

 


He looked up and grinned. He grabbed my books. "Let me carry them."

 


"Ani, I can carry them myself." I said and snatched the books away from him. I ran to my locker before he could say anything else and shoved them inside.

 


"There, see. I could do it," I said as I locked my locker. "Let's go see Taehyung oppa!" I exclaimed, but Jungkook scowled.

 

"Wae?" I asked innocently.

 


"Why do you call Taehyung oppa but not me?" He asked with a frown.

 


"Awwww, are you jealous?" I .

 


"Of course I am!" He said.

 


I giggled. How cute. "Arraseo. I'll call you... Kookie!"

 


"No. Call me Jungkookie. It sounds better." He argued.

 


"Arraseo." I smiled and we headed to the bus station. He held my hand again and I flushed pink. I'm still not used to this.

 


-JIMIN POV-

 


I walked towards the exit of the University. Taehyung was blabbing nonsense beside me when my mind was flying off thinking about someone...

 

 

Eunjoo.

 

 

How is she? What is she doing? Studying? Eating? Going home? Is she hurt? Is she feeling well? Who is she with? Jungkook?

 

 

"Yah! Are you even listening to me?" I heard Taehyung shout.

 


"No. I mean, yes, wait no." I stammered.

 


He sighed and repeated himself. "I think... I... you know... have... a... um..."

 


"Crush?" I continued.

 


He blushed red. I chuckled.

 


"Who is it?" I asked.

 


"S-Shin Tae Jung." He said her name very carefully, then he blushed again.

 


"Taetae has a crush~" I teased and he flushed redder than he already is.

 

I chuckled and we both walked to the entrance of our university. Will Eunjoo be here? Oh, there she is, sitting on the ground, under a big tree, holding hands with Jungkook. Wait, holding hands?! Don't tell me...

 


"Oh! Taehyung oppa!" I heard her angelic voice ring in my ears.

 


I looked up and saw her wave with her other hand. I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later, I mean, Jungkook and Eunjoo. I knew it was going to happen that's why I was trying go move on. But I can't. Things don't go how I planned. They never go how I planned.

 


It broke my heart seeing them smile at each other, teasing each other, I sighed.

 


"Why are you holding hands?" Taehyung asked.

 


"We're..."

 


"Dating!" Jungkook continued for her. He looked at me as if saying sorry, but I don't like getting pitied. I stared at my shoes.

 


"O-oh... Congrats!" Taehyung faked a smile and congratulated them. He knew I was breaking inside.

 

 

"Chukkahae..." I managed to croak out. Eunjoo smiled, ever so genuinely. I sighed. She's happy, while I'm not. I'm never happy.

 

 

"U-um, I gotta go..." I said.

 

 

Without notice, I ran to wherever my feet takes me, and eventually it takes me to a bridge. This bridge... [A/N: Like the one Hobi walked on in I Need U MV] I stared at the sea before me. My breath was uneven, since I ran all the way here. Tears streamed down my face, why is life so cruel to me?

 

(Flashback when Jimin was 5 y.o)

 

Eomma said she was bringing me somewhere! Yay! I'm so excited! I got dressed for the event. I wonder where we're going... Eomma rarely goes out with me.


"Adeul, let's go." I heard Eomma shout from downstairs.


"Ne Eomma." I replied to Eomma and wobbled down the stairs.


She grabbed my hand and brought me outside. I cannot stop smiling! I'm so happy! She brought me to a... bridge?


"Eomma, why are we here?" I asked her, tugging her dress.


"Park Jimin..." She started and stopped walking. She let go my hand and left me there. "E-Eomma... Doesn't love you anymore. You've been a bad boy, Park Jimin." She said to me and sighed. "Eomma... will leave you here, and never come back." She ended and ran to I don't know where.

 


Eomma... doesn't love me?

 


"Eomma..." I sobbed.

 


Nobody loves me anymore.

 


I sobbed quietly and sat on the ground. Why did eomma leave me? What did I do to Eomma? Am I a bad boy? I started walking to a Ttukbokki shop. My stomach grumbled. I want food...


But I'm alone now. I walked away and yawned. Eomma is gone now... Where am I going to sleep? Where am I going to live..? I went to a playground and sat on the slide. It's cold... I crunched my body and tried to sleep, but I can't...

 


(End of flashback)

 


More tears streamed down my face. This is who I really am. An abandoned child, who was once thought as a beggar.


Then, when I thought all hope was gone, Mrs.Jeon appeared... She was the angel who saved me... I trued to steady my breath, but I just can't. The horrid feeling is clogging my chest that makes it hard for me to breathe. This always happens if I thought of my past...


(Start of flashback again)


I sat on a bench and cried. Life is evil to me. I want to go home...


Suddenly a lady approached me. I'm scared... I inched backwards, away from her.


"Don't be scared, I'm not going to bite you." She joked and sat beside me.


"W-who are you?" I stuttered.


"Just call me Jeon ahjumma." She smiled and held my tiny hand. Her skin felt so warm.


"Where's your Eomma?" She asked me.


I hesitated to answer, but I did. "S-she left me here... She said I've been a bad boy, and she doesn't love me anymore."


Her eyes were filled with pity. And I hate being pitied.


"What's your name?" She asks again. Why does she keep on asking things?


"Park Jimin."


"Jimin-ah. What if ahjumma told you that you could live with ahjumma?" She smiled.

 

My eyes widen. "Jinjja?"


"Eung. Jinjja," She said again. "Kaja."


I held her hand as I walked to her house. I can't wait! Finally someone who actually cares about me.

 


We reached her house and I couldn't stop opening my mouth. It was so big!

 

 

"Eomma!" I heard a little kid, younger than me, holler happily and went to hug his eomma.

 

I wish I could still do that to Eomma...

 

 

"Jungkook-ah! Don't run down the stairs! You'll get hurt!" I then heard a man shout. Must be his Appa.

 


The man eyed me weirdly. I stared at my feet, not looking up even once.


"Yeobo, I adopted him. Isn't he adorable?" She said as she patted my head.

 


"Ne. Jinjja guiyeowo." He smiled at me.

 


"It's okay right?" Ahujumma asked.

 


"Dangyeonhaji." He beamed.

 


"Jungkook-ah. This is your hyung, say hi!" Ahjumma gestured to Jungkook.

 


"Annyeonghaseyo hyung!" He bowed.

 


"Aigoo." His eomma chirped.

 


"From now on, call me Eomma, and call ahjussi, Appa, arraseo Jimin-ah?" Ahjumma said.

 


I wanted to shout 'No!' but instead, "Ne... Eomma."

 


Appa turned to me.

 


"From now on too, you're Jeon Jimin."

 


I don't want to be Jeon Jimin.

 


But ironically I say, "Aigeseubnida appa."

 


I'm no longer Park Jimin.

 


But Jeon Jimin.


(End of flashback)

 


I ducked my head. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon was so kind, she gave me a home, a place to study and even more luxurious things that I didn't ask for, but in return, they have the right to manipulate my life. They changed my name, they made me to a whole new person outside.

 

 

But inside, I'm just Park Jimin.

 


The uselss, pathetic, abandoned Park Jimin.

 


I loved to dance. Since I was a kid, Eomma took my to dance acadamies for little kids. My dream was to become a singer or choreographer, but it had to stop. I was going to take dance as major, but they forced me to take accounting. So I did.

 


Sometimes I wonder, what will it be like if Eomma hadn't left me? If she still loved me? If I was still at home?

 


I tried to calm my breath down, but I can't. This always happens. It's like a trauma. But I'm used to this. I'm used to all the suffering. All the controling.

 


There are millions of rocks out there, but thu chose me, the ugliest out of all, and they turned me into a jewel. A jewel that they show to the world.

 


And yet I'm here. I was stupid enough to follow Mrs. Jeon. Stupid enough to follow her orders. Stupid enough to be manipulated. And it all happened already. What happens, happens.

 


Of course they wouldn't force their beloved son, Jeon Jungkook to take over their company. They want him to be happy. Unlike me, whose happiness is none of their concern. They used me. And I let them.

 


They gave me a mask. A mask to conceal my true self. A mask to cover up my weak, ugly attitude, to a strong, independant attitude.

 

 

Enough with this Park Jimin thing.

 


I'm Jeon Jimin now.

 


Past is past.

 


I took a last deep breath. I stood up straighter and felt like Jeon Jimin again. The one who doesn't cry. I walked away from the bridge, heading home to my apartment, showing no trace of Park Jimin.

 

 

*************************************

 

A/N: 

 

 

Hi! I'm glad I'm able to update despite that I'm sick. School is coming and I'm afraid I'll update slower T^T Now you know why I made Park into into Jeon :) Am I too cruel? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Taetae has a crush~ What will their ship name be though... lol I'll figure that out later XD

 

Please leave comments about my story so I could make it better ^~^ Also please subscribe to my story if you like it! *psst~ Upvote too kekeke*

 

 

Thankyou!