Gap

Hate... or Love...?

-EUNJOO POV-

 


I woke up feeling the burden on Mondays. I hate Mondays. Because school, school, and school. I lazily got out of bed, took my uniform from my closet, and went in the bathroom to have a shower.

 


After all that, I tied my hair to a ponytail and went out of my room. Jungkook and Jimin are already awake, eating cereal. And as how my morning routine goes, I drank a cup of water before anything.

 


"Oh you're awake. Morning~" Jimin said as he looked up from his bowl of cereal.

 


"Good morning." I said lazily and sat beside Jungkook.

 


"You okay?" Jungkook asked.

 


"Yeah, perfectly fine. Just, sleepy." I spoke the last word while yawning. He chuckled and shook his head.

 


I ate some cereal half-heartedly. I just hate school so much. At least I get to see Joy and Yeri again! Maybe Joy wouldn't come though, as what I saw on the net, she's in WGM! With BtoB Sungjae. I ship them to bits.

 


I quickly finished my bowl of cereal and stood up. "I'm going now, bye!" I said, grabbing my backpack from my room first before walking to the front door.

 


"I'll come with you!" I heard Jungkook hurriedly put his bowl asside and chased me.

 


"Stay safe!" Jimin hollered from the apartment as we go out.

 


This is so awkward. We're walking beside each other, not uttering a single word. I gripped the strap of my bag tighter. Soon, we reached the bus stop and waited for the bus. Again, it was silent. Finally he started a conversation.

 


"Are you in the same class as I am?" He asked me.

 


"I don't think so." I replied as I recalled the students in my class.

 


He nodded as if he is disappointed. But no... he can't be. He hates me, right?

 


The bus finally arrives and we stepped in. Luckily there were seats. I sat in the seat near to the window. I was expecting Jungkook to sit beside me, but he doesn't, instead, he sits on the opposite side of me. Expectations, ruined so quickly. I plugged my earphones and listened to music quietly. Jin oppa gave me some of their songs that they produced.

 


Yes you're my only girl
Neoneun naegae choigo
Neoye harureul algoshippeo
Neoye hansumi dwaegoshippeo

Yes you're my only girl
Neoneun naegae choigo
Yonghwa sogaeseo naitseulgotmangatteun geu sarram
Baro neoya

 


I bobbed my head to the beat of the song. This song really calms me down and sends me to heaven.


I sang quietly to myself for the next song. This time it isn't produced by Namjoon oppa "Geunyang gakkeum, geurieupunindae neowa ibeulmachubon, neowa kamsa ahnadeon..."


Then I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up to find out its Jungkook.


"We're here." He said and gestured to the large building that could be seen from the bus stop. I quickly plugged out my earphones and went out of the bus. I walked to the building, avoiding any eye contact. I looked at my back to see Jungkook walking slowly behind me. I shrugged it off and continued walking to school.


I finally reached the building and started to walk to my locker. I saw Yeri on the way to her locker too. Yay.


"Yeri!" I shouted to her, and I ran to her direction.


"Oh Eunjoo!" She said turning around. We hugged and continued walking to our lockers. Her's was two lockers away from mine. "Nice hair~" She complimented and I smiled in return.


"Where's Joy?" I asked.


"WGM recording." Yeri answered bluntly. As expected, she has a schedule. I sughed and started getting the books I need.


"Done? Kaja." Yeri said and we headed to class together.


We parted ways and I went in my class. As soon I entered the class, comments were heard everywhere.


"She dyed her hair. Psh." A girl near the front row said.


"She looks kinda pretty though." Her friend said.


"Ew, no." She retorted.


"She's way prettier than you." A boy behind her say.


I chuckled and went to my seat. The teacher soon went in and the boring class starts.


I didn't even pay attention to the teacher. The words she say doesn't get stuck in my head. I just stared out of the window thinking about life.


Then I remembered something, that I didn't noticed since I was blinded by love. I have to marry Jimin, and if I loved Jungkook... It wouldn't be fair. I sighed and averted my gaze to a large tree in the field. A figure was sitting under the tree, earphones in his ears, head bobbing to the beat and hands writing something in a book.

 

 

Jungkook.

 

 


His hair was perfectly brushed to his right side mwith breeze slowly blowing, the features on his face were as if god sculptured it himself. He continued writing sonething, or maybe even drawing.

 


This is all I can do. Stare at him from afar.

 

 

*RRRIINNNGGGGG*

 

 

Finally. I quickly stood up and rushed out of class. It didn't feel like two periods already passed, it only feels like 5 minutes though. I headed to the canteen and saw Yeri already there, eating a home-made hamburger.

 


"Joojoo!" But instead of replying her, my eyes scanned the room for Jungkook, who may be with girls surrounding him. He's a playboy after all, how could I ever forget. I sighed, and sat down, since I couldn't find him.

 


"Joo? Yah, what's wrong?" Yeri said as she senses my worry? I don't even know what feeling is this, disappointment?

 


"Nothing. Let's eat!" I said, changing the subject.

 


She nodded happily. I stole a bite ather hamburger since I was starving.

 


"Aish go buy your own food!" She whined and pointed to the canteen shop. [A/N: Lmao idk what's it called] I sighed and walked to the shop. I bought a chocolate panna cotta and sat back down at our place.


I scooped a little of it in my mouth. This tastes so good! At least there's one thing good about this school, which is delicious food!


We continued eating our food silently. Suddenly, we heard girls. Screaming girls, fangirling and drooling over, yup you guessed it, Jungkook.


My blood boiled at the sight of girls clinging on his arm. He kept a sour expression while trying to pass the crowd. His eyes scan the canteen, looking for someone, probably not me.


"Oppa! Jungkook oppa!"


"Did you get a haircut? Neomu jalsaenggeotda~"


I bit my lip to avoid me from cursing at the girls. I clenched my fist tight and continued eating, but I just couldn't concentrate on my food. I looked up again and saw Jungkook waving at me. Wait, he's waving at me?! I waved back. Then he mouthed something at me.

 


"Help.... me...."

 


I chuckled and stuck my tongue out. Let him suffer... hehehe. He pouts and let himself be dragged by those girls. I felt kinda sorry that I didn't help him. I continued eating and sighed.


I took Yeri's bottle and drank from it. I knew she hated to share, sorry Ye hehe.

 


*RRRIINNNNNGGGGGG*

 

 

Ugh, class, again.

 


"Bye Joo. See you on lunch." She said and walked off. Well that's weird, what's with her? I ignored it and walked to my own class.


As I was about to stand up and walk to class, someone grabbed me by the shoulder. I turned back and expected to see Yeri, but no, it was Jungkook.


"Yah, why didn't you help me there! Those disgusting girls! Ew." He complained and pretended to wipe off their 'virus'.


I chuckled. We talked while walking to our class. "I thought you liked them? I saw you last Friday smiling and flirting along with them." I blurted out with a hint of anger and jealousy heard.


There was no answer. "That was before, but now I really hate it." He said.


"Why?" My stupid mouth blurts again.


"Cause there's someone in my heart already..." He murmured to himself, barely audible, although I heard it very clearly. I pretended not to hear what he said. I looked at my watch and my eyes widen. I'M LATE! I am soooooo dead.


With no words, I ran towards my class, which is about 10 meters away. I felt a little guilty for leaving Jungkook there but I'm late! I barged in the room and all the students inside looked up from the books they're assigned to read.


Mrs. Yoon, our biology teacher, cleared . "Young lady, explain why you're late." She said sternly.


I bit my lip. I need to make up a reason. "I-I went to the t-toilet at last minute Sonsaeng-nim. Choisonghamnida." I stuttered and bowed. I heard her sigh and she nodded at me, gesturing to go sit back at my place. Mrs. Yoon doesn't tolerate tardiness, whether you're the daughter of the principal or not. I walked to my place and saw some girls snicker.

I sat down quietly and thought about what Jungkook said. He likes someone already. It's already hopeless for me. Of course it isn't me, what was I thinking. I sighed, feeling pathetic as ever.


More boring lessons, before lunch time.

 


~

 


*RRRIIINNNNGGGG*

 


I stood up and went out of the class. Then I realised I forgot to bring money to buy my lunch. Ugh. But just in case, I went to the canteen, to steal Yeri's food of course. When I reached there, I didn't see Yeri. 'She must've a busy schedule...' I thought and walked away.


I decided to go to the music room. Yeah, I like singing. I can play the guitar and also the piano. Our school provides all the instruments. I reached the music room and went in, closing the door as quietly as possible. It was huge. The music room also has a mirror, students sometimes practise their performance here for the annual school fair.


I walked to the guitar and strummed it. 'Hm, seems off tune.' I thought and tuned it. I tested it again. Perfect. Then I started singing.

 

"많은 사람들 중에
Maneun saramdeul jungae
내 마음과는 다르게
Ne maeungoaneun daereugae
이상하게도 네가 거슬려요
isanghangaedo naega geoseulyeoyo
내 친한 친구들이
Ne chinhan chingudeuli
자꾸 너와 연락하는 게
Jakku neowa yeonrakhaneun gae
신경이 쓰여요
Sinkyungi sseyeoyo
"

 

 


I skipped to the chorus next.

 

 


"원해요
Wonhaeyo
너와 조금은 더 특별한 사이
Neowa jogeumeun deo teukbyeolhan sa-i
그런 사이
Geureon sa-i
하나만 원해요
Hanaman wonhaeyo
서두르지 않고 지켜주는 사이
Seodoreuji ahngo jikyeojuneun sa-i
내가 돼줄게요 
Naega dwaejulgaeyo
"

 

I put down the guitar beside me. This song really describes my feelings.

 


I want it...


A little more specialness with you.


Slowly, let's show each other our hearts.

 

I always viewed our relationship as only friends. 

 

But now I see a gap...

 


I sighed and walked to the piano. I played the intro of a song I really like, and started singing.


"Come on skinny love just last the year,
Pour a little salt we were never here,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer.

Tell my love to wreck it all,
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Right in the moment this order's tall.

And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And in the morning I'll be with you,
But it will be a different kind,
'Cause I'll be holding all the tickets,
And you'll be owning all the fines.

Come on skinny love, what happened here?
le on the hope in light brassieres,
My my my, my my my, my-my-my my-my...
Sullen load is full, so slow on the split.

And I told you to be patient,
And I told you to be fine,
And I told you to be balanced,
And I told you to be kind,
And now all your love is wasted,
Then who the hell was I?
'Cause now I'm breaking at the britches,
And at the end of all your lines.

Who will love you?
Who will fight?
And who will fall far behind....
"

 

 

Then, someone entered the room, singing the last verse of the song.

 


-JUNGKOOK POV-

 

 


[Time rewind lol]

 


I bought two hamburgers at the canteen shop. One for me, and one for Eunjoo. I searched the canteen for Eunjoo, there she is! She looks disappointed and directly turned back, walking away.


I secretly trailed behind her and I realise she's walking towards the music room. She went in, but I stayed outside. I pressed my ear on the door, but I didn't hear anything. A while later, I heard her sing.


My eyes widen in shock. Her voice is like an angel's. Beautiful and gentle. Her singing stopped, and my heart sinked. I want her to sing more. Then, as if she heard my thoughts, she sang again, playing the piano this time.


Ah! I know this song! My heart skipped a bit as she hits the high notes perfectly.


"Who will love you?
Who will fight?
And who will fall far behind...
"


I entered the room, singing the last verse, "Come on skinny love... my my my, my my my, my-my-my-my-my."

 


-EUNJOO POV-

 


I looked back and saw Jungkook smiling at me. My heart stopped beating for awhile, how long has he been there? He closed the door and walked to the piano and sat beside me.


"Hungry?" He asked me while raising two hamburgers. I nodded slowly.


"Here have it." He said, handing me a burger. I gladly took it and ate deliciously.


He watched me eat the whole time. I looked at him with my mouth full. "Don't watch me eat, it makes me uncomfortable." I said.


"Sorry." He stated quickly and he unwraps his burger and eats along with me.


We finished our burgers in silence. He looked over at the guitar. He walked towards it and picked it up. He sat down beside me again. He strummed the guitar, he strummed a familiar tune. It's the song I sang just now. Gap by Ken VIXX and Hani EXID.


"Did I played it correctly?" He asked me. I nodded. He started singing Ken from VIXX's part.

 

[Listen to the song if you want to^^]

 

"많은 사람들 중에
Maneun saramdeul jungae
내 마음과는 다르게
Ne maeungoaneun daereugae
이상하게도 네가 거슬려요
isanghangaedo naega geoseulyeoyo
내 친한 친구들이
Ne chinhan chingudeuli
자꾸 너와 연락하는 게
Jakku neowa yeonrakhaneun gae
신경이 쓰여요
Sinkyungi sseyeoyo
"

 

His voice pierced throught my heart, melting every inch of it.

 

"Continue it." He nudged me with his shoulder. I gulped and started singing.

 

"이상한 생각을 해
Isanghan sanggakeul hae
이 많은 사람 중에
Imahneun saram jungae
우리 둘만 남겨지면 어떨까
Uri dulman namjyeojimyeon eotteolkka
그냥 늘 친구로만
Geunyang neul chinguroman
느껴지던 우리 둘 사이
Nekkyeojideon uri dul sa-i
이제 빈틈이 보이죠
Ijae binteumi boijyo
"

 

We looked at each other and we started singing our parts automatically.


"원해요
Wonhaeyo
너와 조금은 더 특별한 사이
Neowa jogeumeun deo teukbyeolhan sa-i
그런 사이
Geureon sa-i
하나만 원해요
"


"Hanaman wonhaeyo
서두르지 않고 지켜주는 사이
Seodoreuji ahngo jikyeojuneun sa-i
내가 돼줄게요
Naega dwaejulgaeyo
"

 

He looked at me and smiled while singing. I can feel my cheeks burning.

 

"하나씩 하나씩 서로 빈틈을 채워줘요 우리
Hanashik hanashik seoro binteumeul chaewojweoyo uri
"

 

"살며시 살며시 서로 마음을 보여줘요 우리
Salmyeoshi salmyeoshi seoro maeumeul boyeojweoyo uri
"

 

We stared at each other's eyes, while saying the last sentence together.


"지금부터 으리 사이
Jigeumbuteo uri sa-i
"


My heart was beating so fast that I felt weak. He looked at me with his brown orbs, with a type of feeling I couldn't point out. It was so intense until I have to look away. I took a few deep breaths. Why am I so nervous? Things were quiet for a moment.


Suddenly he wrapped his arms on my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. I tensed instantly.

 


"Saranghae, Eunjoo-ya..."

 


"W-what?" I stammered.

 

"I said I love you." He repeated again.

 

"M-me?"

 

"Yes, you. Kim Eunjoo."

 

I couldn't hold my smile. The gap that I was longing to be filled is already filled. I filled his gap, and he filled mine.

 


"Nado saranghae, Jeon Jungkook..."

 

 

 

 

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

 

A/N: 

 

 

Hiiiii! Finally Kookie confessed~ I know it's weird that she must marry Jimin but she is dating Kook, but just wait and see ;) I feel bad for Jiminnie though ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Suscribe and comment ^^ Until next update!