The Dark Prince

Trapped

 

Her heels clicked as she made her way into Kai’s office.

 

Kai’s secretary, Ahreum bowed to Minhee.

 

“Good morning, Miss Minhee.”

 

“Morning, Ahreum-ah. He’s inside right?”

 

Minhee smiled.

 

“No, he isn’t. Mr Kim is in a meeting now. I can tell him if you want.”

 

Minhee stopped her from going. Knowing Kai he would probably cancel the meeting if he knew she’s here.

 

“Ani, it’s okay. I’ll just wait inside.”

 

“Do you want anything miss?”

 

“Nah, I’m good. By the way Ahreum-ah…,”

 

“Neh?”

 

“How many times have I tell you not to use honorifics with me? Just call me Minhee. The next time you call me miss, you’ll have to buy me lunch, ok?”

 

Minhee winked.

 

“Neh, mis--, Minhee-shi.”, Ahreum stuttered.

 

Minhee walked into Kai’s office.

 

‘The rumours were all false. Choi Heiress is not cold-hearted at all.’, Ahreum thought.

 

 

_______________

 

 

Minhee was playing with her phone on the couch when Kai walked in with a stressed face. She looked up.

 

“Yah, what’s wrong?”

 

“As usual, the board of directors seems to always questioning my credibility, blah blah blah.”

 

Kai made a face as he sat beside her on the couch.

 

“Why are you here, by the way?”

 

“Oh right, have you heard about the dinner next week?”

 

Minhee asked.

 

“What dinner? Oh, you meant the dinner between the Choi’s and the Kim’s? Yeah, mom just told me last night. Why you asked?”

 

Kai looked at Minhee questioningly.

 

“I don’t know. I just had a bad feeling about it.”

 

Minhee shrugged. Kai poked her cheeks.

 

“Yah! You’re overthinking again, Minnie Mouse. It’s not like we’ve never having dinner before.”

 

“I know that but..”

 

“Besides, your parents will be back from New York, right?”

 

Minhee bit with her nails.

 

Kai turned her body towards him. He looked into her eyes.

 

“Hey, look at me. Nothing would happen okay, Min? I would not let anything happens to you. And I will always be there for you, alright?”

 

“Thanks, Jongin-ah.”

 

Minhee smiled.

 

“You know I don’t wanna lose you and Suho oppa. I know this marriage thingy is unavoidable matter in our world. Soon, one of us will get fixed in an arranged marriage. You and Suho oppa will marry some chaebol brats, while I’m off marrying some dude who thinks he owns the world. “

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

“But I hope you still wanna be my Kkamjong.”

 

She grinned.

 

“Of course I will, Min. Even though you’re gone bald, wrinkly, and become a grumpy grandma while I’m the hottest 70 years old man ever, I’ll still be your Kkamjong.”

 

A hand landed on his back.

 

“Ow! Yah, what was that for?”

 

Minhee got up from the couch and made her way to the door.

 

“Thanks for making me feel better, Kai.”

 

She smirked.

 

 

_______________

 

 

A/N : Sorry for the late update and short chapter. I just finished my foundation studies. By the way thanks for the 16 awesome subscribers. After this I will update more often, okay?