Who's This?

How to Love

Zitao has been ditched by Jia-Li and is currently standing by the food table, nibbling on a Rice Krispie treat, when a tall boy comes up next to her.

“Hi!” He greets, and Zitao jumps, eyes wide. He laughs. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

Zitao blushes and says, “Ah, sorry, you just surprised me.”

“Sorry,” he apologizes, and smiles. Zitao thinks he’s absolutely gorgeous, with tan skin, styled white hair, and his infectious blinding smile. “I’m Kim Jongin, first year,” he introduces himself.

“Huang Zitao.” She reaches and shakes his hand. “First year. Are you in Beta Beta?”

“No, I’m in Kappa Pi Beta. And you?”

“Kappa Gamma,” Zitao responds, and is cut off before she can say anything else. 
“Jongin!” They turn to see two other tall boys walking toward them.

“Sehun!” Jongin waves. He turns back to Zitao and introduces her to them. “Guys, this is Huang Zitao of Kappa Pi Beta. Zitao, this is Oh Sehun and Jeon Jeongguk.”

Zitao can’t believe her eyes. Sehun is positively flawless; tall, dark brown hair that looks so soft , a y smile playing on his y lips… Except it’s the boy that had run into her in the hall of her old dorm, knocking her things down. The one she swore she would wushu his .

“It’s you!” She spits in Mandarin. “You head! You perfect, good-looking, gorgeous head! I should wushu your right now!” She blindly reaches for her wushu stick before she remembers it’s beside her bed in her room.

All three boys look at her like she’s a little crazy.

“Are you okay, Zitao?” Jongin asks, looking scared and clinging to Jeongguk.

“What? Oh yes, I’m fine.” She looks at her feet, face burning with embarrassment. “Sorry.”

“Did she say I was hot?” Sehun turns to his friends and Zitao blushes even more.

Jeongguk looks at him dryly. “Did she look like she was complimenting you, ? Sorry, could you translate that to Korean for us?” He asks Zitao, shoving a pitiful Jongin off his arm.

"I-I just said that I've seen you before," Zitao stutters out. "You knocked me over in the hall last week while you were running around like a crazy man."

"Ah," Sehun rubs the back of his head sheepishly as Jongin and Jeongguk look at him in shock. "Yeah, I'm really sorry about that."

"You knocked her over and then ran away?" Jongin asks, smacking Sehun.

"I didn’t mean to knock her over, I was just running away from someone." Sehun scowls, furrowing in his dark eyebrows.

"Your drug deal went wrong," Jeongguk says, looking around.

Zitao looks at Sehun in horror. Of course; he's hot and tall and has a nice and he does drugs. "Um, I think I should be leaving now. I don't want to get involved with things like this." She starts to edge away from the boys.

"Wait!" Sehun lunges toward her and she shrieks, moves her leg to sweep his out from under him, and shoves him away with her hand.

He lands with a thump on the wooden floor. "Ouch."

Zitao stares at him and the two other boys edge toward their friend carefully, like she'll do the same to them.

"I-I’m sorry!" She squeaks, and bows low. "I'm really sorry, you just scared me!"

"It's okay," Sehun replies, standing up. "I shouldn't have done that."

Zitao relaxes as he keeps his distance, before he asks, “Hey, Zitao, want some drugs?” He holds up a bag of white and grins.


 

-


 

“Kim Junmyeon! My absolute favoritest person!” Junmyeon cringes as she hears the slurred voice behind her. “My beauty! My love! My future wife!”

She turns around and faces the person who called her name. He looks positively gorgeous tonight, she thinks grudgingly, with his brown hair styled up, eyes lightly lined with black, pretty mouth curled up at the edges, and dressed up in his letter jacket and dark skinny jeans that hug his cute little . “Jongdae, you’re smashed.”

“Am not!” He yells, and holds up his beer bottle. “One for the pretty lady, please!”

Junmyeon sighs and begins to walk away from trouble itself.

“Wait, Junnie!” Jongdae lurches forward and trips on a stick on the ground, falling forward onto a screeching Junmyeon.

"Jongdae!"

He can't respond from the space between her s except with a "Mmmf."

She pushes him off of her, panting and bright red. When he doesn't move, she kneels over him. "Oh God, Jongdae! Are you okay? Kim Jongdae!"

Jongdae opens his eyes and looks up at her blearily. "My beautiful angel," he croons.

Junmyeon rolls her eyes and is thankful he hasn't died of alcohol poisoning yet like she expected him to. "You drink too much, you idiot."

"Only to help me cure my broken heart," he whines pitifully from the ground. "Why must you reject me always?"

"Our rivalry," she reminds him, checking the time on her phone. It's already 12:38.

"Rivalry schmivalry," Jongdae spits. "Who cares? Just because of some damn mistake the Presidents before us made, that doesn't mean I'm going to give up on you." He sits up and stares Junmyeon straight in the eyes. "I'm going to marry you one day."

Junmyeon feels like exploding. "You're drunk," she says, hiding her face.

"Yes, yes, I suppose I am." He lays back on the grassy lawn and stares at the sky full of stars. "But you know, I've never seen anyone more beautiful than you. Or anything."

Junmyeon feels hot all over. "Even more than your Championship trophies?"

He looks at her and Junmyeon is surprised at the sincerity in them for someone so drunk. "Much more than my Championship trophies." What he says next completely knocks the wind out of her. "Kim Junmyeon, be my girlfriend."


 

-


 

"Who's that?" Seokjin asks from the back porch, looking at the DJ on a big stand in the corner.

"Who?" Jia-Li has only had 2 bottles of beer and she honestly doesn't know what's going on anymore.

"Him." Seokjin points to the man. He's tall, with blond hair and dimpled cheeks. And he plays awesome music.

"Who?" Jia-Li shouts and then nearly topples over.

Seokjin is glad she made her take her heels off before she started drinking, otherwise Jia-Li would have a broken ankle by now.

"Nevermind." Seokjin takes a sip of her beer and continues to watch the cute guy, who seems like he's having a blast jamming to his music. Maybe I should ask Jiyong , she thinks.

She looks away when she hears a shriek and sees Jia-Li laughing at a guy covered in a beer.

"Oh , Wang," she mutters, and walks over to her friend, pulling her away from the mess she made. ", sorry, I'm sorry about that. She's such an idiot." She looks up and starts.

It’s Mark Tuan, the guy she dragged away from Jia-Li earlier.

Seokjin blurts out a laugh before slapping a hand over .

He looks up at her from his soaking body and glares at her. "Laugh all you want, Kim."

"Kim!" Jia-Li says excitedly from beside her, and looks at Mark. "Jim! Lim! Lima bean!"

Mark stares at her. "No, Mark."

Jia-Li’s eyebrows furrow together. "Mark?" She tests it on her tongue.

Guess she's forgotten all about him from earlier.

"Park. Lark. Shark!" Jia-Li cackles. She puts her hands above her head, imitating a shark, and 'swims' around the two if them humming the Jaws tune.

Seokjin pulls out her phone and records it, because she just can't pass the opportunity up. Maybe it's bad to say, but Seokjin loves when Jia-Li gets drunk because it's so entertaining.

After Jia-Li is done impersonating a flying fairy fighting a leprechaun, Seokjin drags her to the nearest bathroom, leaving Mark to clean himself up.

"You're really going to regret this," she tells Jia-Li as she hold her hair up.

"Get more great blackmail videos?" Jia-Li croaks as she flushes the toilet.

"Yes. And you also embarrassed yourself in front of your forbidden crush."

"Mark?" Jia-Li whirls around, eyes wide. "Oh God," she moans. "I'm going to drown myself." She stands up and starts to put her foot in the toilet bowl.

Seokjin shrieks and smacks her leg. "Gross, you idiot! Besides, you wouldn't fit in the hole." She rolls her eyes.

"I'm so stupid," Jia-Li whines.

Seokjin glares at her. "We're not supposed to interact with Kappa Pi Beta anyways."

"I don't care," she moans. "He's so gorgeous I can't handle it."

Seokjin sighs, and holds Jia-Li’s hair again as she leans over the toilet.