And So It Begins

How to Love

Seokjin and Baekhyun are sitting in the campus Menchie’s, enjoying their frozen yogurt on a hot day.

Seokjin pulls out her phone and looks at the assigned number before dialing. “Hello? Is this Ken’s Emporium? Yes, perfect. I'd like to make an order.” She glances at Baekhyun, who's struggling not to laugh boisterously. “How many?” she mouths.

“Fifteen,” is the giggled reply.

“Yes, I'd like fifteen of the hot pink s, please. The ones with sparkles. Yes, fifteen. That's right, thank you.” She hangs up and glances over to find a tall boy in line, staring at her in horror.

“Why would you need fifteen s?” He squeaks.

Seokjin looks him over; he's cute, with gelled up blond hair and dimples. He has on a loose tank that shows off muscled arms and tight jeans covering long legs and black and white Nike Jordans. She smirks. “With you, looks like I wouldn't need one.”

He turns bright red, stuttering, and bolts out the door at that, nearly bumping into a girl on his way out.

Baekhyun laughs as he disappears around the corner. “That was good.”

“This better be worth it,” Seokjin says as she spoons up some strawberry yogurt. “If it doesn't and I have to explain to my parents why I ordered a pink sparkly , I'm going to be pissed.”

“Just tell them you're lonely,” Baekhyun replies.

Seokjin glares at the younger and ignores her.

Her phone chirps and she sees it's Junmyeon. “Hey.”

“Did you get them ordered?” Junmyeon asks, sounding excited.

“Uh, yeah. Anything else?”

“Yes! Please pick up some bottles of lube on the way back,” Junmyeon tells her.

Seokjin frowns. “Lube?” Across the table, Baekhyun chokes and yogurt nearly flies out her nose.

“Yep. That's all, Jin. Thanks!”

She hangs up and looks over to Baekhyun. “Guess we'll have to stop at Walmart or something on the way back.”

Baekhyun laughs even more.


 

-


 

Jia-Li hums as she waits for her papers to print. She gathers up the ones already printed and separates them into two separate piles.

“Hey, Jia-Li.”

She jumps, surprised, and turns to see Mark standing behind her.

“Mark!”

He smiles at her. “What's up?”

Jia-Li gestures to her papers carelessly. “Just printing some stuff.”

Mark laughs a little. “Looks like it's an interesting class.” He picks up a paper and admires it. “I was always for Team Jacob.”

“Huh?” Jia-Li looks up from the printer and stares in horror as Mark looks through the papers. “Wait, no! Don't look at those!”

“Why?” Mark laughs as he holds them high above Jia-Li’s grasp.

“It's embarrassing!” Jia-Li huffs as she jumps up in effort to get them back.

“What class is it for?” He asks, staring down at her amusedly. “Just asking.”

Jia-Li whines. She wracks her brain for a reasonable answer. “Um, Entertainment Studies.”

“Really? I didn't know we had that.” Mark looks thoughtful and Jia-Li uses his distraction to grab back the papers.

“It's not that popular,” Jia-Li says as she grabs the last of them from the printer. “Anyway, I have to go, but I'll see you later.” She moves to walk out of the printing room.

“Later?” Mark calls as she exits the room.

Jia-Li freezes. . She turns around quickly, innocent smile plastered on her face. “No! Sorry, habit!” She leaves the room quickly. “Jia-Li, you idiot.”

Mark stares after her curiously.


 

-


 

A week later, Mark comes back to the House from a lecture to many of the boys standing in the living room, looking angry.

“What the hell?” Luhan rages, and he holds up a pink sparkly and a giant bottle of lube.

Mark flinches. “What are you doing with that?”

“You've got your own!”

Mark rushes to his room and sees a picture of Jacob Black from Twilight plastered on his door. “Oh no.” He peeks into his room and gapes. From ceiling to floor, it's covered in Jacob Black pictures. Sitting on his pillow is his very own pink sparkly and bottle of lube.

“Check the ing toilet, too!” Someone roars to him.

He checks the toilet in the bathroom closest to him and gags. There is a brown clump is in the toilet.

Mark goes back to his room and stares at the pictures. He'd seen them before; then it clicks.

The pictures Jia-Li had been printing the previous week. For her Entertainment Studies class. He laughs and runs a hand through his hair. He goes back to the living room. “Wow.”

“They didn't flush the toilets!” Sehun wails.

“Relax, it was a Baby Ruth candy bar.” Namjoon places a hand on his shoulder. “I found the wrappers in the trash.”

Jongin clings to Sehun, looking petrified. He whimpers.

“What is that?” Mark gestures to the cylinder shaped container he has. “Is that a bomb?”

“A can of chicken soup,” is the quiet reply. “A cruel joke.”

Mark gives him a weird look but breathes a sigh of relief when he realizes that the Kappa Gamma sorority didn't want to blow them up, and Sehun explains that when Jongin was sick a week ago, the last can of chicken noodle soup was stolen from him. “I don't need it now that I'm okay,” Jongin whines. “But this is mean.”

“What's going on?” Kris walks in the front door with Jongdae trailing behind him. He looks at Luhan's and bottle of lube. “What are those?”

“What they look like,” Luhan sneers. He holds them up, and waves them around. “A ing and a giant bottle of lube!”

Kris sighs.

“Hyung, I'm sure you got your own present,” Namjoon says. “Go check your room.”

Kris leaves and Jongdae goes to his own room.

They can hear his laugh from downstairs. He rushes back, holding his own toy. “Holy !”

“Why are you excited?” Mark asks as Kris comes down too.

“Are you kidding me? I'm going to send this back to Junmyeon with a note that says ‘Think of me!’!”

“No!” Kris shoves his hand in Jongdae's face. “No, if you do that, she'll set the house on fire. Or worse.”

Jongdae whines. “Then what a waste. I'm not going to use it.”

“Um, you're not gay?” Namjoon asks innocently, and Jongdae slaps his best friend.

“Shut up,” he huffs.

“I saw Byun Baekhyun in Menchie’s last week with some other girl who ordered ‘the fifteen hot pink sparkly s’,” Namjoon says to Kris. “Long brown hair, tall.”

“Kim Seokjin,” Mark growls.

“Yeah, yeah.”

“The girl who said she wouldn't need one with you?” Jongdae looks him up and down. “Dude, she-”

Kris steps forward and covers Jongdae's face with his hand. “Jongdae.”

“Yes sir,” comes the muffled reply. “You and Chanyeol and Namjoon do some thinking and come up with some ideas,” Kris tell him. “Do not order any s though.”

“Yes sir,” Jongdae repeats and Kris takes his hand off of his face.

“Thank you sir. I can breathe now.”

Kris smirks and wrestles Jongdae into a friendly headlock.


 

-


 

“Mark Tuan!” Mark cringes and refuses to look away from his notes.

“Kim Seokjin.”

She sits down next to him, places her chin delicately on her hands, and smiles prettily at him. Mark is not fazed.

“Tell me, did you like your present? I'm sure it'll be used well.” She winks at him.

“I loved it, especially the in the toilet,” he replies dryly.

“Well that's good! Jia-Li drops the best bombs.”

Mark chokes on his spit and turns to glare at the deceivingly-angelic Kim Seokjin.

She smiles at him.

The rest of AP Biology is spent in silence between them.