02

FIRE+ICE, DEMON=ANGEL AND THE REAPERS [HIATUS]

 

The evening was cold. Dead leaves scattered along the path. Wind blowing smoothly, creating a serene atmosphere. But one soul seemed not adapted to the surrounding. He was hot.

“If I ever see his face again, I’ll break his ribs, kick his skin, crash his Achilles tendon.. Aaarrgh!” Minwoo stretched the said boy’s shirt that he wore angrily.

As he entered his house, he kicked his shoes away.

“I’m home..” He dashed to his room and sank himself into his super-comfortable bed. He kicked his pillow.

“Urgh! I’m so pissed off!” A train of thought stormed into his mind.

“So he treat me nicely because he did wrong, didn’t he? Give his shirt and all..” Minwoo caressed the shirt.

“But it’s nice, though” He wrapped himself with his arm, sighed as he let himself drowned in Donghyun’s still-there scent from the shirt.

“Owh! Falling in love is the best thing ever!” A voice resonated.

“Don’t say you don’t fall in love with me…” A second voice followed, sounded almost similar with the first one.

Minwoo hitched.

“Who’s there?” He glanced around fearfully.

“Here~” Two hooded figures pooped out from nowhere in front of Minwoo. They wearing long billowy robes, one wore black and other wear white. Their faces were covered by the hoods.

“MOM!! Shinigami are here to take my life! MOM!!” Minwoo screamed outloud, causing the intruders to cover their ears in agony. The sound of footsteps getting closer.

“Minwoo, what’s wrong?” Mrs. No ran to embrace Minwoo who was hugging his knees at the corner of his room, frightened.

“There’s Shinigami came to take my life!!” Minwoo choked. Mrs. No shook her head.

“You said your imaginary friends already move on”

“No! It’s not my friends! They’re wearing robes and creepy hoods!! Oh THERE MOM!! THERE!!” Minwoo pointed at the top of his bookshelf, where the two hooded figures sat, wiggling their unseen feet.

Mrs.No clearly couldn’t see it and just shrugged. She knew her son was a bit extraordinary since born.

“Calm down Minwoo.. Maybe their nice people. Now, go shower before you burned up your room. Dinner’s almost done and I want to hear your first day on school, okay?” Mrs. No patted her boy’s hair.

“Okay~” Minwoo threw his pillow to the hooded figures as his mom went out.

“GO AWAY YOU EVIL CREATURE!!!”

They are holding their hands.

“Wait up! Your mom’s right, we are nice!” Minwoo stopped and stepped backward until he sat on his bed.

“The proof?”

The hooded figures lift up their hoods.

BLING..BLING..

Minwoo squinted.

“Why are you guys glowing?” As the glow gone, he stared dumbly at them.

“Hello~ I’m Jo Youngmin”

“Jo Kwangmin”

They have similar faces that Minwoo gawked at it for a while.

“Wow, he’s gorgeous.” Minwoo thought out loud at Youngmin. Kwangmin glared.

“Hey, no hitting on my twin! He’s not available.” Youngmin laughed.

“Twin?” Youngmin raised an eyebrow.

“Maybe our faces aren’t apparent enough.” He said sarcastically. Minwoo blinked, still confused.

“So who are you?”. Youngmin had a blonde hair, while Kwangmin had a short dark hair. Their eyes were huge with pointy well-made nose and pink leaf like lips. They had human form except that Kwnagmin who wore a white robe, had a halo above his head which glimmered brilliantly and wings that folded neatly on his straight back while Youngmin who the one wearing a black robe had a tail with a pointy arrow at the end and black horn on his head.

“You look like an angel”, Minwoo said to Youngmin absentmindedly.

“Hey man! Watch your word!!” Spat Youngmin. Kwangmin shook his head in defeat. Minwoo shocked at the sudden flare.

“It’s a compliment, dude! Why are you getting all work up?!” Youngmin scowled and crossed his hands.

“Look, you cannot call a demon an angel, got it? See, I’m the angel, he’s the demon.” Kwangmin spread his wings. It was huge, soft and translucent.

“Wow~” Minwoo caressed the feathers with his finger. Youngmin slapped his hand away.

“Don’t touch my angel!” Minwoo glared, the demon started to get on his nerves.

“What? I didn’t know he’s yours, you look-nothing-like-a-demon demon!!” Youngmin clenched his fist. He pointed a finger at Minwoo and lifts the finger, like a magic Minwoo also lift to the air.

 

“Dude your attitude annoys me! If you keep this up I’ll throw you out from this window!” Minwoo struggled in the air.

“Whatever! Put me down, you evil brat!”

“What? You’re such a..”.

TAP!

Kwangmin grabbed Youngmin’s wrist.

“Stop it.”

“..but he’s..” Kwangmin rubbed Youngmin’s backhand with his thumb and flashed him a cogent smile. Yup, that’s the angel’s way to gain the demon composure back.

“He’s our master now. Don’t argue, ok? Let’s make it clear.” Kwangmin voice almost sounded like a whisper.  Very serene and overwhelming. Youngmin inhaled and smiled.  Minwoo who still stuck in the mid-air dropped abruptly to the floor as the demon smiled.

“Owwh..” Minwoo stood, rubbing his .

“So,ready to tell me yet what an angel and a demon doing in my totally ordinary room?” Youngmin who still smiled, which looked creepy now faced Minwoo.

“For your information, you’re the one and only Agent of Fire in this earth. You’re entrusted to search the Box of Live situated around this town. You have to find it before the Agent of Ice found it” Youngmin deliberated seriously. Kwangmin continued.

“As you found the box and activate it with your own power to save this dying earth. If the Agent of Ice find the box first, you’ll be held accountable and this lovely earth will freeze into ice, more like the Ice Age except that there’re no more sunlight as sun will freeze too. So the world depends on you.”

 Minwoo digested the information and churned it specifically before nodding and asked,

“So, what’s your duty?” Youngmin glanced at his twin.

“We’re your guardian. We’re assigned to protect you in case there are a battle occurs”, they said in unison. Miinwoo smirked dubiously.

“So you’re saying that I’m the Agent of Fire tasked to search the Pandora’s Box”

“Box of Energy!” The twins choked.

“Yeah, that box, to save the earth, the world rely on me… blabla.. Might even cause a battle.. hmm.. that’s sound like bedtime story. Did I even have a power?” Minwoo tilted his head side to side, wondering if he’s gone through a nightmare.

“Your strength is fire. Have you ever wondered why you sweat like a pig?” Youngmin asked, smirking.

“Or why you always burn thing without realizing it and why you always feel your body on fire every time you’re mad?” asked Kwangmin relently. The softness of his voice rendered the boy speechless.100% angel.

PAP!

Youngmin shoved the boy’s forehead with his slender finger.

“Stop drooling, idiot!”

Minwoo snapped back to reality, shaking his dizzy head.

 “What! You cannot resist an angel‘s charm no matter how hard you try, right?”

“You didn’t try hard enough!”

“Well the angel here didn’t really care about it, so why would you?”

“..coz he’s mine!! So, back off!”

“Wait, I’m not even hit on him!”

“But you..” The demon and the boy continued to argue, causing the angel’s patience to drop drastically.

 “Guys, stop TING around! We have a JOB here! Focus!” Silence enshrouding them as the angel raised his voice.

“Now shall we proceed?” Kwangmin flashed his angelic smile.

“Ok..” Youngmin nudged Minwoo’s arm, Minwoo snorted.

“Tomorrow we’re going to assist you on how to control your chakra in order to produce undefeatable power of fire. We gonna train you until you master your power, got it? In the meantime we also will search for the Box of Energy” Minwoo yawned.

 “This is too much for me. I don’t know if I ever understand these things.”, he sighed yet still not fully interpret the details in his head.

“Ofcoz not with your petty brain.” Youngmin joked. Kawngmin glared, Minwoo scowled.

“What..” Youngmin ignored them.

“You need to rest now, Minwoo. Off to sleep~” Kwangmin delicately put Minwoo to sleep, pulling the comforter up to Minwoo’s chest and gave him a heavenly smile that was breathtaking, causing Youngmin to frown.

“Do you have to be that graceful toward him?” He huffed. Kwangmin giggled.

“Shush~”. Minwoo chuckled and slowly drift to sleep with his heavy loaded brain still processing whether to join the team or not. Anyway, the choice was not his.