04

FIRE+ICE, DEMON=ANGEL AND THE REAPERS [HIATUS]

 

I tossed and turned a lot in my sleep. Sitting up, I switched my lamp in the nightstand. I couldn’t sleep so I played ‘Angry Bird’ on my phone. A smile crept across my face as I thought about Donghyun.

“You look lost.”

 “Lost in love that is~”

The twins popped out in front of me, sitting on the edge of my bed, smiling creepily. Promptly Youngmin snapped,

“Don’t tell me..”

Kwangmin gasped, covering his mouth with his palm in bewilderment but looking heavenly.

“What??” My eyes lingered on Kwangmin. Like I said, it’s hard to resist the angel’s charm.

“You’re into Kim Donghyun!” They said simultaneously. I choked.

“How did you know?” They shrugged.

“We’re good at guessing”, Youngmin said. Kwangmin gave a it-written-all-over-your-face look.

“Why? Is he a problem?” I asked, watching their faces anxiously. They’re shifting uneasily. Youngmin cleared his throat.

“Well.. We happened to know that Kim Donghyun is the Agent of Ice his morning, after the confession event.” My body stiffed, speechless.

 Kwangmin my back in a circle, somehow it soothed me. Kim Donghhyun, is the Agent of Ice? My rival? My soon-to-be enemy?

“So we speak up with the Covenant regarding the bond that might form between the two of you. They’re still discussing. It might take a week.” notified kwangmin in a serious tone.

“So..” Youngmin grabbed Kwangmin’s hand of my back and folded it in his own hand.

“You need to stay away from him in a meanwhile before the Covenant had decided on what you should do, coz we don’t know this novice bond formed will do more harm than good or vice versa.”

I frowned. What the heck, I just on the verge of opening up to him plus get to know him further in process yet I have to stay away from him? God, give me a break. A guy freaking confessing to me who I like him to and unconditionally we have to avoid each other? That’s unfair!

“I know life is unfair. He’s pretty dumb though, choosing to like you of all people.” I glared daggers at Youngmin. Did he just hear my thought?

“Yeah, I can hear your thought so forget about hiding things from us or even cursing me in your thought coz I know what you’re thinking and don’t even plan things behind our back coz I’ll know what you had thought.” The demon bragged.

I snorted. How did the angel managed to love this demon?

Youngmin poked my head.

“It’s my charm, only he know it..”

I mocked a puke.

“Shut up!” Kwangmin blinked curiously.

“What are you guys talking about?”. He couldn’t read mind?

 

“No but he can see the past and vaguely the future.” Youngmin explained. Kwangmin nodded meekly.

“I’m sleepy…” Kwangmin shook my shoulders slightly.

“Hey, try to find your inner energy field when you’re asleep, ok? It’ll help your training.”

I scratched my nose, voiced lazily,

“..how?” Kwangmin placed my right hand on my chest and told me to lay down.

“Focus in where your energy come from the heart, but spot it specifically! You’ll find it if you’re concentrate enough.”. I did as I instructed. Youngmin waved at me.

“Have fun searching for it~”   

 

…………………………….

 

“Huh!” Minwoo sprang up from his sleep as he felt a prickling yet irritating sensation on his right side of his heart. He placed his hand there, focusing in his 6th sense.

THUMPTUMP.

He could felt it, his energy flowed like the rush of adrenaline as he respiratoring.

“Guys, I found it!” He yelled excitedly.

“Where?” Youngmin came rolling to his bed. Kwangmin popped out seconds later, sitting next to him on the bed.

Minwoo took Kwangmin’s forefinger and middle finger both to his chest.

 “My left ventricles, can you feel it?” Kwangmin bit his lips, focusing.

“Let me see..” Youngmin pried off Kwangmin fingers instead he placed his own fingers to the boy’s chest. Minwoo smirked.

“Your apparent jealousy is irritatingly too much.” Kwangmin nodded approvingly while Youngmin mouthed ‘I don’t give a damn’.

“Yup, that’s your field of energy” said Kwangmmin, slapping Youngmin’s naughty hands off his wings.

“Now you should try to manipulate your energy to produce the power of fire. It might take a while but you’ll somehow manage to produce fire if you’re concentrate enough..” said the demon while tracing his fingers affectionately along the angel’s feathers which made the angel smiled, relishing the touches.

Minwoo silently admired the beautiful sight before him.

‘What did I do to deserve such mind blowing sight?’

Youngmin chuckled, amused by the boy’s reaction. As Minwoo gained his conscious back, he abruptly asked,

“How am I supposed to manipulate my energy field?” Kwangmin gestured him to stand up. Minwoo obeyed.

“Spread your arm slightly as if you’re praying.”

“Close your eyes and put your mind into your energy field.”

The twins rounded him. Minwoo focusing obediently.

“Got the contact?”

“Yeah.”

“Good, now imagine the energy flows directly to your palms.” Minwoo took a peek on his palms.

“Hey shut your eyes!” Minwoo closed his eyes tightly, focusing hard. He imagined the energy streaming delicately toward his palms. After 2 good minutes which seemed like forever, Minwoo’s eyes fluttered opened. He saw nothing on his palms, completely the same as before.

He started to felt stupid, as if he’s been fraud by the twins.

“Hey, nothing happened!” The twins shook their head convincingly.

“Sparta wasn’t build in a day, right?”, Kwangmin pointed. Minwoo raised an eyebrow.

“You mean Rome, right?” Kwangmin shrugged sheepishly.

“It’s the same..”

Minwoo giggled s he discovered that the angel wasn’t flawless.

“That’s why I love him, he’s not perfect” Youngmin whispered secretly.

“Owh, that’s romantic~” Minwoo teased, mocking an angel’s expression.

“Shut up!” Youngmin blushed.

“Why?” Kwangmin blinked innocently, causing the demon and the boy to refrain themselves from punching the wall for the overloaded cuteness shown.

“I’ll tell you later, angel~” Yongmin managed to wink. Kwnagmin pouted. Minwoo rolled his eyes.

“The love isn’t enough for both of you.. Wait, don’t you think  you love each other way too much? I mean, I don’t have siblings so I don’t know what brotherly love like. But your affections are doubtable. Omo, don’t say it..”

Minwoo gaped, pointing his finger back and forth between the unearthly creatures.

“It’s twincest, isn’t it?” Kwangmin stared at his own fingers anxiously while Youngmin poked the boy’s belly, lying beside him.

“Sometimes I just wonder if tortoises are faster than you, blank-head. Isn’t it obvious?” Minwoo nudged the demon’s arm.

“No freaking way! I mean, aren’t you intervening the Law of Forces..i mean the Law of Nature?”

Youngmin sighed as he recalled the past.

“Well that’s why we’re here. I’ve been kicked out of the Hell and angel has been kicked out from Heaven. We’ve been straying around the underworld until we’re hired for a job. Being your guardian is our latest job.”

Kwangmin nodded calmly. Minwoo involuntarily smiled, finger tracing along the pattern of his comforter.

“It’s a dramatic love story, if you ask me. Mom would love to listen it.”

They fell into silence for a while, lost into their own space. Youngmin caressed his angel’s hair lovingly, flashing him a very warm smile, not even bother by the presence of the third one.

“I never regret my feelings though..” Smiling, Kwangmin rested his head on the other’s chest.

“Me too..”

Minwoo grinned. The sincerity overwhelmed him.

“Why am I tearing up?”

He wiped his unconditional tears with the end of his pajama sleeve.

“You know what demon, you’re gorgeous when you’re smiling at the angel. Otherwise, you’re just hideous.” teased Minwoo.

“You’re just jealous.” Youngmin stuck his tongue out.

“Hahaha”

After that, Minwoo ended being forced to solve a thick book of Sudoku as Youngmin pointed that he’s horrible in concentrating.

“Sudoku is the Mother of concentration” said Youngmin.

“It’s freaking 4.30 a.m. and I have school next morning!”

“Just freaking finishes it until it’s time for school!”

“Guys, stop shouting and please use proper word!”

 

……………………………………………….

 

“Cookies?”

I munched the cookie that he handed me.

“I made it myself” He said smiling.

“Really?” I asked, munching another one. Donghyun nodded, placing the whole packet of chocolate cookies into my hand.

“You like it?” Closing my eyes, I savoured the taste carefully.

“Yes, It’s nice..”

It’s not blow-your-mind-away type of cookies, like my mom made, but it’s nice though. I mean, he’s an amateur cookie maker right?

“I’ll make you brownies soon~” He said confidently. His eyes glimmered in anticipation.

“Yes, I would love to taste it! I mean who knows our President here is good baker?” I nudged his waist uncourageously.

He scratched his neck sheepishly.

“Oh, stop bluffing!”

“I’m not!”

We laughed, enjoying each other company. 30 minutes earlier, the twins vanished to god-know-where saying something like ‘meeting with the Covenant’ so I thought it wouldn’t hurt if I met Donghyun for awhile, explaining stuffs to him before I completely avoiding him. So we’re here at the rooftop at lunch, munching cookies.

“I want to tell you something..” I started.

“Go ahead”

I faced him seriously.

“Ehm.. I have to stay away from you for the whole week for personal reasons… and after that I’m not sure if I ever able to meet you again…” I said solemnly.

He froze, not moving. My eyes twitched as the painful lingered around.

“You know it don’t you?”

“What?”

He smiled bitterly.

“I’m the Agent of Ice?”

I nodded reluctantly. He sighed deeply.

“This whole thing is crap don’t you think?”

“Indeed”

“The Live Box of whatever it is… Huh, cut that out. I seriously thought that we really meant to be together,  but it seems like they planned it other way. We meant to be enemies! Rivals! I… can’t… take… it”

Tears rolled up in my eyes as I feeling the same.

“I freaking tell them I’m out, but the freaking reapers keep saying there’s no way out, it’s my destiny.. bla.. bla..”

“Your guardians are reapers?? Wow, that’s cool!” Minwoo said excitedly.

“They not as cool as they sound~”

I chuckled, injecting some cheeriness.

“My guardians are angel and demon, twins too~”

“Seriously?”

I shrugged, drinking my milk.

“I know, hard to believe right? What’s more shocking is they’re so into each other..”

“You mean like.. twincest?”

“Uh-uh”

“Wow.. that’s.. rare enough”

We spent the rest of the time talking about recent stuffs. I just knew that he already saw the twins, but he thought he imagining things. He told me that his training was harder that climbing up the Mount Everest and I told him mine was worst than getting hit by car (the sudokus training) and how he throw tantrums as he knew I was the Agent of Fire.

“I just know it about 3 days ago”

“OMG, me too!!”

Plus, we both know each other position after the confession.

“You know what, let’s just search it together..” He voiced, somewhat confident. I blinked.

“I don’t give a heck on whatever the result from the Covenant! Let’s just face it together!!” He spoke ambitiously. A sudden flow of energy rushed into my blood vessels. I could felt that his energy also souring up.

“Are you in?”

Nodding, I raise up my hand screaming “Let’s do it!”. He grinned. We both yelled “Fighting!!”, throwing up our elbows.

“OMG!!” Flashed of answers eventually appeared on my mind.

“Why?”

I took a step backward.

“That’s why you flinched when I touch you! I’d burn you.. That’s why I felt cold around you as you felt warm around me. I got it now!!”

He clicked his tongue playfully.

“Took you long enough”

I tilted my head, remembering Youngmin’s word about me being slower that tortoise.

“Wow, he’s right! I AM slow..”

After that, they continue conversation, casually revealed their life : the likes and dislike, the unspoken dreams, favorite pastimes. Practically they’re opening up to each other, tried to know each other from various perspectives.

Then, I saw his burnt arm; the scar vaguely outlined a shape of small palm which was mine. I kept apologizing until he smacked my head to shut me up.

“Do that again and I’ll burn your flawless face!”

“Sorry, it’s the only way to stop you from blaming yourself.

“Fine..”

We panicked as we glanced at the watch. I freaking missed a period. I’m doomed.

“So, I’ll see you next week, when we both know how to use our power wisely.”

I smirked.

“Can’t wait to melt your ice~”

He feigned a gasp.

“I won’t let that happen, because I’ll freeze you and then I can touch you freely all over without getting burnt”

“Being is not good~”

“Hahaha..”

We lingered another minute, staring each other quietly. I don’t reach out my hand coz I’ll hurt him. Too much of my surprise he stoked my cheek with the back of his forefinger.

“Owh~ My finger is on fire!”

“Is that new pick up line?”

“No, you’re seriously hot..” He winced.

“Touch and burn~ ^^ ”

 

                                                                                                                                    ********

 

 

 “Seriously, I just can’t do it!!”

Minwoo collapsed to the floor after his 420th attempt to produce fire with his small palms. His body was drenched with sweats.

 “Wow, is it raining in here or something?” asked Youngmin, eyeing the boy with pity. Kwangmin handed him a towel.

“Ofcoz you can do it. See how much you had progressed!”

“Progressed, my foot. Nothing produced yet. ZERO. NOTHING.” Minwoo emphasized. Youngmin snorted.

“Ofcoz not, you’re not getting any better in Sudoku,” said Youngmin, examining Minwoo’s ‘homework’. Kwangmin smiled, trying to be positive.

“Well, you sweat faster than before, right? That’s mean you’re getting closer.” Minwoo rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, right..”

It’s been a week since he last seen Donghyun. Least he expected that the result from the Covenant would be so….positive? They’d decided that it’s not bad that both of the Agents got together for the mission. So Minwoo was like ‘Haven’t they think of it earlier without confusing people?’. And things were good. They keep on training, still not meeting each other yet. Except that Minwoo was not getting any better.

“It’s not going everywhere, it’s been a week and I’m screwed!” He yelled in frustration. Youngmin pulled a chair and sat.

“Wanna hear a piece of advice?”

“Uh-huh.” Youngmin threw a pillow which landed exactly on his private.

“Stop babbling and be a man!” Minwoo groaned in agony, covering his private.

“Oh man! Did you really have to do that! You rotten demon!” Youngmin laughed. Minwoo tackled him to the floor and grabbed the demon’s tail. Youngmin yelped.

“OUH Ouh! Let go! You’re hurting me!!” Minwoo tighten his grip on the tail.

“No freaking way!” Youngmin’s eyes redden with tears.

“Kwangmin help me!! Please let go, you’re freaking burn my tail!!”

“Really?” Kwangmin tilted his head.

“He never in pain before..weird.” Minwoo stopped to think, still grabbing the tail. Youngmin slightly trembling, tears slowly rolled down his soft cheeks.

“I’m sorry and please LET GO OFF MY TAIL! I’M BEGGING YOU!” The boy promptly released the tail. He didn’t know Youngmin was serious. Kwangmin quickly embraced his dying-but-not-so-dying twin.

“Are you ok?” Youngmin still laid on the floor, his tail wiggled weakly. Shooting a venomous glare, he warned the boy,

“You are so ed up! Wait until I get on foot again!” Minwoo scratched his back nervously, feigning a cough.

“I don’t know it’ll hurt so much, I just..” A sudden darkness crept into the room as dark mist entered Minwoo’s room out of nowhere.

“Wow, the fallen demon is crying. That’s interesting~”

“Indeed.” Two hooded figures popped out beside the closet. Youngmin stood on his foot abruptly, looking annoyed.

“Shut up Grim Reapers! What do you want?” Kwangmin somehow seemed delighted and happily throwing himself to the strangers.

“Hyung!”

“Oh, there’s my angel~” Minwoo gaped, standing still as the twins greet themselves to the intruders like family.

“Kwanggie, you look prettier than ever~”

“No Hyung, I’m still the same.”

“Hyung, you look hideous than ever!”

“You too, Youngmin” Minwoo feigned a cough to catch their attention.

“Sorry, but why are you here and mind to introduce yourself?” He intrupted.

“Oh.sorry, we get too excited! You must be Minwoo.” Minwoo mouth formed an ‘o’ shape as he faced the intruders.

“Oh, I saw you guys before! Boys who’s didn’t wear the uniforms. You help me find the toilet, remember?”  The guy with a friendly feature smiled at him.

“Of coz we remember, we’ve been staring at you all day long. Hello, I’m Jeongmin the reaper.” Minwoo shook his hand, nodding dubiously. Jeongmin winced.

“Gee, you’re hot.” Minwoo pft-ing.

“Yeah, I got that a lot. What to do, I’m fire, right?” Jeongmin chuckled.

 “That’s so right.” The other guy turned to shook his hand.

“I’m Hyunseong, the reaper. Pleasure to meet you.” Minwoo smiled.

“Me too.”

They all sat in a circle on the floor, relaxing.

“So what bring you guys here?” Jeongmin shrugged.

“Just wanna check out on your fire guy. Plus, our Ice Prince is on period.” blurted Jeongmin. They all laughed, including Minwoo who was absolutely clueless about the topic.

“That guy is seriously insane. He practiced every second and kicks us out if we’re too noisy. I bet he’s freezing his mom’s car right now.” Jeongmin nodded vigorously.

“He’s been freezing practically everything since he successfully handling his own power 2 days ago, including his goldfish. Poor fishy” said Jeongmin. His eyes shining as if to show his proudness toward the Ice Prince’s achievement. Minwoo suddenly jerked up.

“You’re talking about Donghyun, right?” Youngmin gave him a duh-tortoise-seriously-faster-than-you look. Minwoo face palmed. Donghyun had succeeded and he’s not getting anything yet.

“He said he want to meet you tomorrow, probably to show off his skill~” informed Hyunseong. Minwoo knocked his head to the nearby nightstand.

“I’m not gonna meet him.”

“Why, he seems to be excited to see you” Jeongmin raised an eyebrow. Minwoo sighed in depress.

“I can’t handle my power yet” He whined. Youngmin gave him a cynical look and tapped his chest teasingly.

“Coz you’re such a whine baby.” Minwoo glared.

“I’m not” Youngmin smirked.

“I thought you’re giving up earlier, aren’t you?” The others watched the starting of the live drama silently.

“Did they fight a lot?”

“Always..”

Youngmin mocked a shock expression.

“OMG, I thought you said you can’t do it anymore. Isn’t it giving up?” Minwoo stiffed, mouth closing tightly. Youngmin rounded him, putting a devious smirk.

“ ‘Oh, I should hide. Donghyun is succceding. I’m so embarrassed’. Is that gin goon in your mind right now?” Minwoo gritted his teeth in exasperation.

“Shut up!” Youngmin poked his shoulder provocatively.

“So you think you should give up, huh? Passing the task to Donghyun?”

“Am not!”

“You seem to consider the idea.” Minwoo stood angrily.

“I AM NOT GIVING UP! I’M NOT GONNA ING GIVE UP!”

POFF.. A sudden burst of flame came out from Minwoo’s palms. Heat radiating gracefully from his body. The reapers and Kwangmin who were engrossed in the live drama rendered speechless at the burst of energy. Youngmin laughed out loud, clenching his stomach firmly.

“You freaking did it! I know it! Haha” Minwoo stared at his burning palms and Youngmin’s face back and forth in an obvious confusion.

“Why..My hands..Fire..What’s..It’s” Minwoo blabbering. His hands were still on fire. Youngmin stuck his thumb out, grinning proudly.

“That’s how you do it, provoke yourself, and let the fire feed you. And then.PooF! You’re burning~” noted Youngmin. Minwoo shook his head in disbelieve, staring at his fire which getting dimmer.

“You’re genius! I mean I’m freaking burning! OMG! I can’t believe this!” Youngmin raised a shoulder, expression rather annoyed.

“Well, love you too. Don’t bother be thankful!”

Minwoo shut off his fire and crashed his body to Youngmin’s.

“Thank you sooo much! I really gonna love you from now on!” Kwangmin let out a cough which sounded like ‘excuse me?’.

“I mean brotherly love of coz.” Prompted Minwoo who still hugging Youngmin tightly. Youngmin finally pulled him aside, skin slightly reddening from the heat of Minwoo’s body.

“Gosh, you’re still glowing, you wanna roast me or something?” He joked, fanning himselve with a hand fan. Minwoo chuckled.

“Sorry.”

Jeongmin and Hyunseong patted his back and congratulated the boy.

“So we better tell the Ice Prince this great news. He’ll let us in again.”

“Might as well feed us dinner! Yahoo~ let’s go Jeongmin!” Hyunseong grinned.

“Come on, I’m starving!” Minwoo grabbed their wrists.

“Wait! Tell him tomorrow; rooftop.” They both nodded.

“Certainly sir~”

“Goodbye, I’m really starving!”.

As the reapers gone, Minwoo tested his power once again. PooF!

“Haha..Haha” Youngmin smirked at the laughing Minwoo.

“Shut up, you look stupid.” But the boy didn’t stop. He burst his fire on and on.

“So how did you do it?” asked Kwangmin while fixing his wings. Minwoo pointed at Youngmin.

“I just imagine that’s he’s on fire. Totally engulf by the fire. Hehe” Youngmin rolled his eyes. Kwangmin chuckled at the unique method. Minwoo stopped and laid on his bed, feeling the fatigue kicking in.

“So how did you know I’ll make it?” asked Minwoo curiously, facing Youngmin. Youngmin stretched hhis back, relaxing. Kwangmin too, eyeing him in curiosity.

“Coz my tail’s on fire when you grabbed it earlier, I feel literally burnt by your hand. So I thought it might work if you’re damn angry.” Minwoo nodded meekly.

“Anyway, thanks. Ah, I can’t wait to meet Donghyun tomorrow!”

“Sure, don’t wait~”

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N : hope u guys like it!!  dont forget to COMMENT and also SUBSCRIBE! ^^ hehehe.. i <3 DongMin so much!!!!! ^^