03

FIRE+ICE, DEMON=ANGEL AND THE REAPERS [HIATUS]

 

BEEP~ BEEP~

I kicked my alarm clock violently. It bounced to the wall and rolled on the floor. Thank god it was strong as steel. I grunted and reluctantly opened my eyes. Sunlight streamed into my eyes intently. I blinked to adjust the light.

“Whoa.. What a weird I’m having last night. Angel and demon? Pft..” I stretched out from my bed.

PAK!

Someone threw a pillow to my precious head.

“Except that it’s not a dream!” The twins appear beside my closet.

“hdjasejfbwjg!! Give me a break.. I know I’m still sleepy”, Minwoo thought.

“No you’re not~” Youngmin pinched his cheeks roughly.

“Stoooopp!” Minwoo pried off his hands.

“Awake yet?”

“Yes,yes.. Thanks a lot for ruining my perfect cheek!” After that he got  ready for school.

“Do you know who’s the Agent of Ice?” Minwoo asked as they headed to school.

“Not yet, we still are searching for him. After you learn how to control your power, you might be able to spot him” said Kwangmin.

“Are you sure no one can see you?”

“No way in hell. They can’t even see ghost. Kwangmin, watch out!”  Kwangmin managed to avoid himself from bumping into a tree.

“That was clo-”

PAK!

The wingless Youngmin who faced backward knocked his head to a street lamp.

“Haha.. I thought you’re penetrateable!!Haha” Minwoo clenched his stomach while laughing. Kwangmin giggled and helped his twin decelerated to the ground. Minwoo still laughing as they proceed their way. Some people threw him a weird look.

“What are you laughing at?” Youngmin scowled.

“Nothing..pft..” Minwoo covered his mouth with his hand, shrugging. Kwangmin caressed Youngmin’s head tenderly.

“It’s still hurt?”

“No..”. Youngmin bit his lips to conceal his smile instead he stole a peck on Kwangmin’s cheek.

“Love you~”, he whispered. Pale pink spot formed on the angel’s cheek. Minwoo threw a oh-they’re-so-beautiful-its-heart wrecking-to-witness-it look seeing the scene right in front of him. He then continued strode toward school. The twins followed him from behind, playfully tackling each other in the air.

 

                                                                                                             ........................................

 

“Presiden Donghyun, anyeong~” Minwoo who heard the high-pitched squeals from some girls promptly turned his head 180 degree to the left where the ‘jerk’ trotted, waving coolly clearly oblivious to the danger awaiting.

‘That rotten jerk..’ Donghyun glanced anxiously as he felt a sudden chilliness crept through his body like cold water flowing.

“Oh, I’m so dead right now….” He shuddered ever so quietly as he met Minwoo’s deathly you’re-so-dead-as-I’ll-kick-your--till-you-have-no-more--left glare. Feigning a cough, he abruptly avoids the glare and slowly slopes off to his class.

“HEY KIM DONGHYUN BEEF JERKIE!!” His stes brought to halt as his arm was tightly clenched by the younger.

“Owh.. Why he’s not as fragile as he look and why my hand feel like it’s on fire??” Donghyun thought as he swallowed the agonizing pain.

“M..Minwoo..i’m hurt..”. Minwoo released his hand as he saw that pleading look on Donghyun face. Minwoo gulped.

“Is it really hurt?” Hiding his weak side, Donghyun shook his head cogently.

Before Minwoo could even open his mouth, he knelt on the ground. They’re currently in front of schools fountain, which was the greatest spot to attract people. The twins hovered around mid air, wondering.

“Please forgive me, I didn’t mean to shove you, it was an accident, I need to rush coz I got to handle the kids plus I woke up late so please don’t blame me I’ll do whatever it takes to make it up to you, just say anything! Please!!” Donghyun said in a single breath. His teary eyes were slightly shaking as he looked up at Minwoo.Minwoo gasped, not expecting it.

“Dude, tell him to run around . It’ll be the biggest hit!” Suggested Youngmin excitedly.

Patting his shoulder, Kwangmin reassuringly voiced,

“He’s innocent, just forgive him. You’re a good boy, right? Forgiveness is the greatest treasure.”

Donghyun tugged at his shirt impatiently. Minwoo exhaled.

“Ok, you’re forgiven. But next time you did wrong, just speak up right away. No need to act all gentleman and caring coz it’s confusing. Stop faking.” Donghyun pouted.

“I’m not faking, I didn’t tell you earlier coz I want.. It’s not.. Look, it’s a selfish desire, ok! I like you..”He muttered sheepishly, barely audible to Minwoo. Minwoo took a step backward, doubting Donghyun’s blunt confession.

 “You’re..j..joking.” Youngmin smirked.

“Yup,100%”. Kwangmin nudged Minwoo’s arm lightly.

“I think he’s not lying, look into his eyes.”

 Donghyun stood up, staring at the younger sincerely. Minwoo looked up and let his eyes answered is pent-up question as it boring into the others. There’re some kinds of bond, a strong one, invisibly formed as their eyes contacting. Wind suddenly swirled around them with bluish grey mist appeared twirl together, forming a field of energy within the confines of the area.

The two of them still attached to one another, oblivious to their surroundings. At the side, the twins were holding their breath in horrified bewilderment. Glancing at each other, Youngmin managed to choked out,

 “I know you have the similar thought as I am…” Kwangmin nodded reluctantly. Still blinking incredulously, they muttered silently,

“He’s the one and only the Agent of Ice..”

 

……………………..

 

 

 

It’s raining cats and dogs that morning. Through the rain scattered window, Minwoo silently stared outside, spacing out while thinking. His small finger playfully drew an invisible heart on the window glass.

“Huh..” He sighed for the fifth time.

2 hours and 40 minutes earlier:

“Jeez,the time seems to envy me, so I let you decide whether I’m joking or not. I have a meeting. Bye No Minwoo, see you at lunch.” With that, Donghyun left him dumbstruck. And the twins vanished right on the time he needed them. The solitude made him felt helpless.

He reckoned that he heard Youngmin said something like ‘don’t go near him until we get back’ but he’s unsure about it.

Present:

“Minwoo? Are you here?” Sungjong poked his head lightly.

“Yes.. yes.. Why?” Sungjong chuckled.

“Thinking about your man? Gee, it’s only been 3 hours and you’re all scrunched up” He teased, shaking his shoulders giddily. Minwoo stiffed, hiccupping.

“Who’s man?”

Sungjong rolled his eyes in exasperation.

“Oh, come on~ the whole school knew that ‘the mighty’ Presiden Kim Donghyun PROPOSED to you this morning, kneeling, tearing up and stuff~ you obviously couldn’t hide it since practically EVERYONE had saw it with their own eyes, including me!”

Minwoo gulped.

“What??”

Sungjong gasped dramatically.

“Don’t tell me…you REJECTED him?” The whole class turned to stare at Minwoo since Sungjong was gasping out loud.

Standing up, Minwoo shook his head promptly and made an ‘X’ sign with his arm.

“Guys it’s not like that! Listen. He’s not..”

His denial remained unspoken as their class teacher entered. He had no idea that his classmates assumed his ‘X’ sign as ‘I accept him with all my heart’ and silently gave him their blessing.

“Excuse me..” Minwoo had to brave the sea of hungry kids again during lunch. He didn’t miss the glares and comments indirectly dedicated to him as he stepped aimlessly through the hallway.

“Lucky lad, I wish I’m him.”

“I want his face.”

“Don’t you think his too short?”

“Who’s he anyway?”

“Did he learn magic or something?”

Minwoo sighed, turning his heels to the opposite way. He’s not ready to face Donghyun yet, so he headed to library to kill time.

“Wait, I don’t even read books. Oh god, I’m all messed up! It’s your fault Kim Donghyun!”

Still, he strode to the library on the 2nd floor.

 

………………………

 

Sounds of feet ruffling against dead leaves faintly heard as two anxious souls padding their way home. Donghyun sighed, glancing at Minwoo who more attracted to the oh-so interesting ground.

“Oh, I’m freezing, aren’t you feel cold?” Donghyun break the silence. Minwoo shook, still eyeing the ground.

“Are you hungry?”

The younger nodded. Donghyun smiled.

“Can I buy you something?”

More nodded. Donghyun frowned.

“Speak something~”

Minwoo looked up with his in famous puppy eyes.

“I want sweet potatoes.. There~” Minwoo pointed at the nearby stall which was selling hot sweet potatoes. Dong hyun chuckled.

“You’re interesting.”

Minwoo nudged his arm and mouthed ‘hurry up I’m dying~’. Laughing out loud, Donghyun pinched his cheeks and quickly made his way to the stall. Minwoo amused.

“Wow, he really like me…or am I too cute?” He turned around as he felt someone’s staring, and he saw the two boys without uniform that helped him find the toilet stood near a bench 20m to his right. They deadly stared at him.

“That’s creepy, why they’re always staring at me?”

After that they continued their way home (more like Minwoo’s home).

“This is too much.”

“Feed your mom with that. Moms like sweet potatoes the best”

Minwoo held the big packet of sweet potatoes with a hand and ate it with another.

“Want some?”

 

 

“No thanks.”

Minwoo reached out his hand.

“Want a bite?”

Donghyun grinned and gladly took a bite.

“Yours is delicious.”

Minwoo blushed.

“Any of those are tasty. I like the taste, the sweetness linger in my mouth”, he expressed. Donghyun nodded meekly.

“Jeongmin, your sweetness linger in my mind~”

“Shut up Hyunseong! You sound like freak.”

The not-wearing uniform boys passed beside them.

“Hehe.. They’re hopeless.”

“You know them?”

Donghyun seemed doubtful.

“Err… Yeah. They’re my friend.”

 “Oh..”

They watched the car busily passing by the main road. The pedestrian path was way too calm. Minwoo tugged at Donghyun sleeve.

“Mind to tell me yet why did you like me?” He blurted out.

Donghyun coughed, slightly blushing? He cleared his throat few times before answering,

“Em..coz..you know.. When you’re around I feel kinda, warm? Seriously I never sweat before I swear I thought it was a disease. But as I near you, I suddenly sweat, feeling warm all over, but it’s comfortable though..”

Donghyun giggled and added,

“And you attract me to no end! You freaking attract me like a magnet. You know, I’m north, you’re south.”

Minwoo glanced at the other, trying his best to believe what he just heard.

“Believe me, see I’m sweating in this cold weather!” Donghyun wiped away his sweaty forehead. Minwoo chuckled, part of him was dancing blissfully inside.

“Well.. I like you too.”

“But you look like you’re going to reject me anytime soon, earlier” teased Donghyun.

“Just that I don’t talk much when I’m hungry.” Both of them laughed, glancing at each other.

“I feel that way too, but contrary to warm. I feel chilliness as you be with me. Like you, I never feel cold before no matter how low the temperature and seriously I thought it is a disease too. I can’t believe we’re so alike.

Donghyun gaped.

“No freaking way!”

“Yes freaking way! Here, come closer.”

Minwoo pulled up his sleeve, showing his flawless arm.

“See how my hair shoot up as you getting closer? Tell me you see it!”

Donghyun rubbed his eyes, confirming the truth.

“You know what this mean?”

“..we’re meant to be together?”

Donghyun clicked his finger.

“BINGO!” They busted out, laughing.

“So we’re here..”

Donghyun examined Miinwoo’s house.

“Decent home, I like it.” Minwoo smiled at the politeness shown.

“Wanna come in?”

“Later maybe. You shouldn’t trust me so fast, who know what I might do to you.” Donghyun joked. Minwoo snorted.

“I have my supermom here~”. Donghyun chuckled.

They stood at the front gate for a while, staring at each other.

“So, I would like to know you better, Kim Donghyun.”

“Yeah, me too No Minwoo.”

They shook hand and Donghyun quickly pulled away to avoid his hand being burn again. Minwoo seemed to understand though.

“Minwoo you’re less hot when you’re not angry!” yelled Donghyun as he walked off. Minwoo smiled.

“I guess he’s not that bad..”