05

FIRE+ICE, DEMON=ANGEL AND THE REAPERS [HIATUS]

 

 

………………………………….

 

“OMG, freeze my hand too!” said Minwoo excitedly. For the past 20 minutes, Donghyun had been freezing everything he had seen on the rooftop. Its fall now but up there, it’s winter.

“So, how about you?” Donghyun sipped his coke, waiting for the response. Minwoo smiled.

“Close your eyes.” Donghyun obeyed. Minwoo gather small twigs and some papper he randomly saw and made a bonfire on the centre of the rooftop. He randomly plucked some flower and held it to his chest as he ordered Donghyun to open his eyes. Donghyun gaped at the sight.

“Wow, that is so romantic.” Minwoo was kneeling, reaching out his flowers.

“Wanna have a date with me? And I don’t accept no-s~”

“You leave me no choice then. A date it is~” Donghyun gladly received the flower and escorted to sit by the bonfire by the gentleman Minwoo. Both of them laughed at their silliness.

“I should be the one who make this.” Minwoo chewed his cheese stick, giggling brightly.

“Well you cannot set-up the fire, right?”

“You mean, you light it up yourself?” Minwoo gasped mockingly.

“Well, it doesn’t fall from the sky right?” Donghyun grinned slyly.

“I just wanna see it again.”

“Don’t bother asking..”. PooF! Minwoo wiggled his little fingers at Donghyun, like a little magic show.

“Wow, that’s so cool.” Minwoo even heated up Donghyun cold coke.

“Hot coke taste good. Maybe hot yogurt will taste good too.”

“Let’s try.” So they had fun, heating and freezing stuffs.

“Can I ask you a favour?” Minwoo raised an eyebrow.

“Please burn the literature class coz I hate literature.”

“Oh, it’s my pleasure, I hate literature too! Haha”

Meanwhile, back in Minwoo’s room….

“I can’t find anything decent!” The room was scattered by clothes thrown by the twins. Currently, they were searching for something appropriate since Minwoo noted that their robes were so ‘yesterday’.

“I can’t see the problem, I mean robes are the latest trend!” whined Youngmin, trying out a pair of skinny jeans.

“Not in human world, honey. They’re neat and dapper being. They look fabulous.” Flapping underwear side to side, Youngmin asked cynically,

“Wearing this make them fabulous?”. Kwangmin shoved it away.

“I mean they’re so disciplined. I wanna look like them for once.” Youngmin back hugged Kwangmin.

“Why don’t we steal some from the stores? I saw some cool stuff when I was..” He was cut off by Kwangmin who was pulling out some clothes.

“Found it!” Youngmin choked as he saw the clothes.

“Are you serious? I never see anyone wear those in public.” Kwangmin pouted cutely, showing his aegyo.

“But I like it..”

 “I don’t wanna wear it. You do it.”

 Kwangmin rocked the demon hands back and forth, mouth pouting looking all adorable.

“Oh, come on~ just this once, please?”

“No.”

“Oh, pleasssssssse~” Kwangmin whined, eyes blinking rapidly. Youngmin sighed, knowing he’s not winning this.

“Ok, just this once.”

“Yeah! I loooove you, honey~” Youngmin just grinned as he got kissed in the cheek.

 

 

“How’s your day?”

“Honestly?” Donghyun nodded. They were locking up classes’ door, being a good President he was, accompany by his cute guy.

“It’s . My history teacher scowled at me coz I didn’t know who killed Augustus Caesar, Sungjong kept blabbering about girl groups, the girls glaring daggers at me for dating you, the guys were avoiding me for the same reason coz they’re rule breakers, they hate authorities. Anyway, one thing for sure, I enjoy my lunch. Did you enjoy yours too?”

Donghyun chuckled at Minwoo’s complains.

“Very.”

Puk!

Someone bumped into Minwoo, causing him crashed into Donghyun’s body.

“Oh.. Sorry.” The someone quickly bowed and left. Minwoo quickly pulled away as he realized that he’s in the elder’s arm.

“OMG, are you ok? Did I hurt you somewhere?” asked Minwoo, anxiously stared at Donghyun. Donghyun yelped.

“Owh, my arm! It’s burning!” Minwoo panicking, pulling out his water container.

“Hang on! Hang on!” Minwoo madly knocked his container to a streetlamp, trying hard to open it.

“Hahaha..” Minwoo stopped as he saw the laughing President.

“What’s so funny?” Donghyun mouthed ‘you’, still laughing loudly. Minwoo raised a shoulder quizzically.

“I’m not hurt, you silly. Your skin didn’t reach mine. But you’re hot though.” Minwoo shot him a deadly glare. Donghyun gulped.

“I better run now coz you’re getting hotter..” With that, he ran for his dear life.

“Yah, wait! Kim Donghyun, you think it’s funny? Well think twice coz I’ll burn you to ashes!” Minwoo chase him and splashed the water angrily.

“You know, I love water,” yelled Donghyun, still running.

“So you want me to shoot you fire?”

“Nonono!” Donghyun stopped abruptly as he saw a commotion was going on around the school’s front gate, causing the younger to bump into his back.

“At least give some signal!” They joined the commotion to feed their curiosity.

“I swear I saw freaking flying pajamas up there!”

“Gosh, really? Where?”. They heard the students’ whispers.

“Flying pajamas?” They looked up promptly. Up there, just above a plum tree, the twins hovered around with Minwoo’s pajamas. Kwangmin waved joyously and Youngmin hid his face to his arm in embarrassment as they noticed the couple.

“Guys! It’s me and Youngmin!” Minwoo and Donghyun face palmed in exasperation.

“Are your guardians still thinking straight?” asked Donghyun while staring up at the unearthly creatures which were wearing small puppies and Ben 10 pajamas. Minwoo threw up his hands in defeat.

“I don’t know, and they’re wearing my favourites!” Donghyun looked amused. Minwoo tugged Donghyun’s sleeve and dragged him away from the commotion.

“Let’s just walk away. AND DON’T BOTHER FOLLOWING ME COZ IT’S HUMILIATING!” said Minwoo, emphasizing the last word to the twins. People gazed at him confusingly. The couple feigned a laugh.

“Just joking~ Hehe” The twins stuck at mid-air, feeling dejected.

“I told you it’s a bad idea, Angel.” Kwangmin frowned with his teary eyes.

“Don’t say it.”

“Let’s just change, ok?”

“Uh-huh.”

 

……………………………………..

 

“Have you heard of strange incidents that happened these days?” Minwoo raised an eyebrow at Sungjong as they made their way to Biology lab.

“What incidents?” Sungjong gestured him to come closer.

“You know, I heard from Changjo who found out from Gongchan who accidently heard Namjoo’s conversation with Sulli, the one who..” Minwoo shook Sungjong’s shoulder.

“Just get to the point please!” Sungjong chuckled as he sat on his chair.

“Ok. Last 2 weeks, our town’s gangster went up to a mountain to fulfill their erse deeds, you know, drugs and stuffs…” Sungjong voice was barely a whisper as to avoid being caught by teacher. Minwoo listened intently.

“Usually they’ll be there for about 3 days but they still didn’t come back after 10 days. The shopkeeper who always been robbed by the gangster was worried about them as they didn’t steal things as usual so he called the police and they did some investigations up the mountain. A pair of mountain hikers happened to encounter with them. On the way up, they said they vaguely saw the gang had been swallowed by the earth, disappear right into the ground. They never saw it ever after. They were so terrified that they can’t even move.”

Miinwoo tapped his fingers to the table, thinking.

“I think it must have related to occult activities. Someone might have spell voodoo on them. It’s not surprising though, they such a nuisance.” Minwoo glanced at Sungjong.

“Do you believe it?”

“You don’t?”

Sungjong rested his chin to the back of his hand.

“Anyway, I have information. Someone died 2 days ago, struck by the lightning and then vanished from the site. It happened at a park near here.”

“Isn’t it warm and sunny 2 days ago?”

Sungjong tilted his head side to side.

“That’s why it’s strange.”

TAP! Mrs. Jeong, their Biology teacher tapped their shoulders tenderly. Startled, both at them hastily scrambled through their textbooks. Mrs. Jeong smiled meaningfully.

“Perhaps you boys can explain the term of aerobic and anaerobic respiration to the class, yes?” Both of them mentally slapped themselves.

 

 

“Stop it! It’s tickles!”

 “Why, you seem to enjoy it.” Youngmin tickled the angel’s wings playfully. Then, his hands wandered to the stomach.

“Youngmin,.. Stop it.. Haha” Kwangmin rolled on the floor, avoid being tickled.

“Come here! Or I’m coming!” Youngmin now was on top of Kwangmin, his hands held the other’s to the sides. Kwangmin blushed as the demon’s face was dangerously close to his.

“Youngmin, move.” Youngmin just smirked as he the angel’s nose lovingly.

“You..you..uh, nevermind.” Kwangmin closed his eyes and pursed his lips slightly, waiting for the kiss. Youngmin chuckled and mentally fist pumped the air. As he shortens the distance between them….

HACHU! Youngmin unintentionally sneezed on Kwangmin’s face. Yup. On his precious face. Kwangmin immediately shoved Youngmin off him while wiping Youngmin’s mucous away irritatingly.

“Nice way of ruining the mood, Mr. Demon.” Youngmin quickly knelt down, begging for forgiveness.

“Forgive me, I didn’t know it’s coming! I promise I won’t..”

BUK!

“Wahahaha! That’s so hilarious!” Minwoo fell on his knees, laughing annoyingly loud. His hand still firmly gripped at the doorknob. The twins startled yet confused.

“Hey, do you know what manner means? It means knocking before you enter! Knock knock!!” said Youngmin cynically. Minwoo and Donghyun came into the room casually, still laughing.

“Well, it’s my own room. I don’t have to use ‘manner’. And don’t bother asking, we not just heard but saw everything.” The twins turned bright red chili pepper, shifting uneasily.

“That’s was cliché, except for the sneezing part.” added Donghyun teasingly. Youngmin huffed.

“It was an accident, ok! I didn’t mean to. Why is he here anyway?”

“To research on something. As well as my mom invite him for dinner.” explained Minwoo.

“Your mom knew?”

“What research?” asked the twins in unison. Donghyun chuckled at the cuteness as he wandered about Minwoo’s room.

“Yes, my mom knew coz Sungjong has a BIG mouth, he makes sure my mom knows all the gossips at school. We’re trying to find out the cause of the strange incidents happened these days.” Kwangmin looked alarmed.

“Strange incidents?”

“Yeah.” So, the four of them discussed the strange incidents seriously. They believed the incidents somehow related to the mission.

“Maybe we should ask Jeongmin and Hyunseong hyung later.”

“Sure”

They’re scanning through the paper which reported the strange incidents.

“There’s 3 missing cases this week and 7 missing cases throughout this month.” noted Minwoo. Doonghyun the articles.

“What even more shocking is that the cases only happened in our town.” Frown etched on the angel’s delicate face. I think it might ha..” His words was cut by a sudden shout from downstairs.

“BABY! ARE YOU GUYS DONE YET? DINNER’S READY!”

Donghyun chuckled.

“Can I call you ‘Baby’ too?” Minwoo wagged his finger side to side.

“NoNo!” Then, they went down for dinner.

 

 

“OMG, this is marvelous!” Donghyun exclaimed as he another mouthful of chicken soup. Mrs. No smiled at him fondly, admiring the gracious young man before her.

“Owh, you such a sweetheart! Minwoo never told me his boyfriend would be this perfect! Oh, he never told me about you anyway. Such a secretive boy.” Mrs. No whined, nudging her son’s waist.

Raised an eyebrow, Minwoo chewed his meal slowly, looking rather flustered.

“Really? He didn’t tell you about me? That’s so not charming!” said Donghyun in mock disappointment.

“Tsk, tsk. Just like his father,” moaned Mrs. No. Minwoo gave them a what-did-i-do look.

“Work always the no.1 priority for his father. I always wonder what we meant to him.”

“Owh, I think a man shouldn’t abandon his family no matter how busy they are coz family will always there when we screwed, right?”

“Darling, you must be raised by a noble family. That manner of your is truly captivating!”

“Yeah, I’m so blessed that I’m being nurtured by my lovely parents.”

Minwoo sipped his juice pensively. He knew he’ll be left out if his mom started a conversation.

“Can I have some of those?” Kwangmin eyed the chicken pie longingly as the twins hovered around the kitchen out of boredom. Minwoo smiled.

“What’s stopping you?” Gazing at the food forlornly, Youngmin shrugged.

“The fact that we couldn’t eat human’s food.” Kwangmin sat beside Minwoo on the dining table, staring dreamily at the food.

 “Really? So you eat dog’s food? Well, we have some” teased Minwoo. Youngmin smacked his head.

“Haha. That’s so funny.” Minwoo giggled, which his mom misunderstood it as an approval.

“You like baking too, honey?” Minwoo blinked in bewilderment.

“Huh? Me? No.”

His mom put on a curious face. Minwoo mouthed ‘the twins’ at Donghyun. Donghyun nodded understandly.

“Go on, continue with your conversation.”

“Ok.”

 So, Donghyun ang Mrs. No spent another hour chattering about baking while Minwoo and the twins were upstairs, digging their brains to solve the mystery. Minwoo googled the stuffs for more details.

“I don’t know why but this lately I have an unexplainable anxieties in my mind” spoke Youngmin silently. Through the mist-aded window, Kwangmin could see the weather was getting gloomier.

“Guys, check this out. Apparently, all the missing victims were vanished right on the spot, like being transferred into another dimension”, explained Minwoo as he pointed at the articles he googled.

“Hear this one; Kim Minsoo who slipped his way while he was skateboarding had vanished before anyone could even give a helping hand. And this one, Alex is expected to be swallowed by the earth as his body was nowhere to be found in the shallow pond. No doubt, these cases are beyond human’s limitation, right?” Youngmin nodded while fiddling with his fingers thoughtfully.

“Maybe the cases ar…”

PAK!

Kwangmin fell on his , body jerking uncontrollably.

“What happen?” His eyes turned wholly white. Abruptly Youngmin knelt beside the angel, supporting his body to suppress any movement. Minwoo stood staring, flabbergasted by the scene.

“They’re coming to destroy the beings, to conquer the earth. They’re close! Protect the box, I beg you, protect the Box of Life!” yelled Kwangmin as if he’s been possessed by some petulant spirit. His voice was hoarse and full of anxiety.  

“W..Why is he..”

“Shh..” Youngmin gestured him to back off silently.

“Who’s coming? What’s their intention?” Kwangmin shook his head reluctantly.

“T..The.. Dark Forces. They’re getting stronger! Hurry, seek the Box! Or a dire calamity wii fall upon this dying earth! Complete..this..mission..” Kwangmin’s hoarse voice hitched at intervals as he inhaled deeply. Then, he blinked rapidly. His eyes had turned normal again and he scratched his head dizzily. Youngmin helped him got on his foot and massaged his temple tenderly. Kwangmin eyed the surrounding cautiously.

“OMG, what did I say”, ha gasped. Minwoo choked.

“You don’t know?”

“No I only see things..” Youngmin grabbed the angel’s shoulders and gave it a light shake.

“You said the Dark Forces are coming. They want to destroy the living things and conquer the earth.” spoke Youngmin spoke bitterly. Kwangmin’s hand placed on his chest in reflex.

“Oh..We..It can’t be happened! We must stop this!”

“Minwoo, go fetch Donghyun!”

 

……………………………………

 

TICTOC. The sound of the clock ticking was the only sound produced in the room. It was as silent as the graveyard. The air was filled with thought, plan and more thought.

“Wanna give it a try?” Jeongmin broke the uncomfortable silence suddenly. Minwoo gazed at Donghyun questioningly. They both nodded reassuringly.

“Ok, let’s start.”

Minwoo and Donghyun sat cross legged, opposite to each other on the floor. They closed their eyes and started meditating as they were taught to. The morning was gloomy, like days before. It’s Saturday, so no school. Mrs. No was beyond excited when Donghyun asked her permission to stay over the night.

‘You can stay here forever, honey! But don’t go too fast on your RESEARCH. Minwoo still an innocent baby,’ she said, causing both of them to choke on their ice cream (which is impossible).

Bluish grey mist emerged from nowhere, engulfing the boys’ bodies as they’re meditating. The mist twirled around in sync, bringing the perfect serenity and harmony of both energies.

“Do you know why the Dark Forces aim the earth?,” Kwangmin whispered discreetly, trying not to disturb the session. Jeongmin glanced around uneasily before speaking silently,

 “They hadescaped the Underworld Prison and bring along the Horrid prisoners (the worst and most dangerous prisoners). They want to claim the earth to defy the power of the Higher Authorities.” Hyunseong nodded bitterly.

“They’re determined this time. We should hurry thus be cautious.” The guardians started to plan strategies for the future.

“This is serious, we must find the Box of Life a.s.a.p” “I know. But we must prepare incase the Dark Forces found it first.” After 3 intense hours…

“Huh.” The agents stirred a bit. Their brows wrinkled tightly. Their foreheads were glimmered with drops of sweat while their eyes still shut firmly. Later their steady heaves turned to pant.

“I think they got something.” The guardians stared at the Agents who still meditating. Eventually, Minwoo lost his track and pressed his hands to the floor groggily. His eyes blinked opened while he inhaled deeply. He looked exhausted as if he had ran in a marathon. Donghyun had gained his conscience seconds later, reacting the same way as Minwoo. Kwangmin handed them a bottle of water. They chugged up the drink gluttonously. The guardians kept staring until both of them gained their composure back.

“Ok, tell us what happen.”, demanded Youngmin, a little too abrupt.

“We saw something!”, they spoke in unison.

“What is it?”, Jeongmin asked curiously.

“There’s some place I vaguely recognize but I’m not sure,” said Minwoo, wiping his sweaty forehead. Inhaling, Donghyun continued, “So this place has a lot of trees around it, pine trees to be exact. And somewhere underneath the ground , there’s a secret door leading to a passage which the connected to stairs which headed downward.” “As you go down, you’ll find yourself in something like a dungeon. Right in the middle of the dungeon, the Pandora’s Box placed on top of a very beautifully etched..err..counter? or whatever it is. The box is protected by some hemisphere glass but not glass since it’s penetratable.” Donghyun nodded approvingly.

“We tried to touch it but we been shoved but an unseen forces.” “Then we tried and shoved again and again till we snap back to reality.” The guardins nodded with mixed emotion between relieve and anxious.

“Can you picture the place distinctly?”, asked Kwangmin hopefully.

“Or maybe draw it specifically?”, added Hyunseong. Donghyun and Minwoo stared at each other confusedly.

“Well, we’ll try.” A comfortable silence crept around as the agents absorbed into their drawing.

“Done!” “Finish!” They both displayed their drawing confidently.

“Err..Wow.” The twins coughed as the Reapers giggled at a corner.

“What?” Donghyun and Minwoo eyed the others confusedly.

“Well, that’s too much for a high scholar like you two,” said Hyunseong cynically. “How do you mean?” Youngmin tapped the couple’s shoulders. “The meaning is, your drawing is incredulously unexplainable as it’s too ugly and we’ll never find the place with that drawing-but-not-look-like-one of yours,” the demon voiced. Minwoo pouted.

“I think it’s fine. Mine is better.” Jeongmin observed the drawings. “it’s just trees, grass, sky and more trees. How we’ll be able to recognize this place?”. Donghyun frowned.

“Well, we’re neither Michelangelo nor Rafael. What do you expect?” Minwoo nodded vigorously. “That’s so true.” Whistling, Kwangmin flailed his hands (in an ethereal way) to get everyone’s attention.

“Hey, listen. Maybe we should someone who really good at painting to imply the place in a very delicate way so we can spot it a.s.a.p,” the angel said with a cogent smile etched perfectly on his flawless face. Drooling the Agents just nodded absent mindedly.”

“Are all the angels out there gorgeous like him?”, donghyun thought out loud. “I guess so.” Youngmin rolled his eyes, annoyed.

“Ceh, 100% human. Anyway, do you guys know anyone who can draw a real drawing?” The boys  thought for a while.

“Err..most of my friends are athletes. So..” “Me,me! I know!” Minwoo raised his hand as if he’s in a speed quiz.

“Who?” Minwoo pointed at the house which situated opposite 3 blocks away through the window. “Suungjong~”

The guardians heaved a relieved breath. “Good thing he live around here.” Minwoo tilted his head side to side, his finger at his bottom lips, looking clueless. “So?”

Youngmin smacked his own forehead. “Tell me again, why we have to guide this totally-slower-than-tortoise boy?” Kwangmin and the reapers laughed.

“So we go to him and politely ask him to draw the place for us. Sounds doable?,” explained Donghyun. Minwoo mouth turned into ‘o’ shape.

“Great, let’s go.” Minwoo put on sweater and handed donghyun a jacket.

“Wear it, its chilly out there,” said Minwoo. Donghyun shook his head. “It’s ok, I’m ice remember? Besides, it’s your jacket, meaning it’s too small for me.” Minwoo smirked.

“You’re wearing my Ben 10 shirt, remember? Do you mind if the Fashionista Sungjong see it and practically gasps out loud, at school?” The jacket in his hand immediately wore by Donghyun. Minwoo giggled.

“Gee, thanks. I owe you one.” Youngmin shoved them out of the room.

“Off you go~ we’re staying. So, later.”

KNOCK!KNOCK! The door creaked open in a slow motion.

“Whoever it is please hurry up!,” Minwoo exclaimed. A tall lanky, pale skinned and chubby cheeked figure stood before the door.

“Oh, Minwoo!”, he squeaked. Minwoo tapped his chest few times.

“Seongyeol hyung, can we come in. Thanks.” Minwoo dragged Donghyun in without hearing the reply from the lanky boy who still looked puzzled.

“Sungjog~ I’m here!”. Minwoo and Donghyun walked through the hallway into the living room.

“Who is it?” They gawked at the girlish boy who still enthusiastically danced to a girl group’s song.

“Girl Generation make’em fe- OMG!” HE was flabbergasted by the presence of the President and hastily ran up. Faintly they heard him squealing about ‘Why in hell did Minwoo bring the Mighty President along? Especially when I’m busy practicing?’. They just chuckled at his peculiar act. An eternity later..

“So why did you bring the Mighty President Kim Dongyhyun here? Why didn’t you call first? Why is he wearing that hideous jacket? And have you eat lunch yet?,” asked Sungjong after he had changed into some proper clothing (he looks like he ready to attend family gathering). Minwoo rolled his eyes. His best friend/neighbor was really hard to bear with.

“We’re here to..” His words were cut off by Sungjong high pitched gasp. Donghyun looked startled. Sungjong blinked rapidly, his hand glued to his chest dramatically. He looked flustered.

“OMG, don’t tell me you are going to elope after your mom reluctant to give her blessing to both of you? Don’t ever do something like that! Gosh!” Minwoo face palmed himself.

“We’re not going anywhere,” said Donghyun dubiously.

“Listen, first, my mom LOVES him. Second, why on earth would we would even think about eloping?”, Minwoo informed. Sungjong nodded reluctantly, still doubting their intention.

“Really? Then why are you here?”. Sighing, Minwoo replied, “Er..we’re here to ask you for a favour, if you kind enough to help us.” Sungjong brushed his bang aside gently.

“What is it?”. Donghyun held his breath whie Minwoo asked, “Can you please draw a picture for me? There’s a place I always wanna go, so I need to find it.” Sungjong raised an eyebrow.

“Do you have a picture? Or, at least a description?” Minwoo shook his head.

“I..I only imagine it, but I know it exist somewhere.” Sungjong seemed deeply in thought.

“So you want me to draw something based on your imagination? And you have nothing other than simple imagination?” Minwoo swallowed. “Uh-huh” Both of the Agents mentally prayed.

“Oh please” Sungjong clicked his tongue.

“Ok then. Let’s just try, if that what you want.” “Gosh, thanks a lot! I love you!” Minwoo pulled Sungjong for a bone crashing hug. Sungjong pulled away as he saw that jealousy look on Donghyun’s face.

“Ok, ok. Let’s just start before your boyfriend getting more jealous. Not that I see you as a man though,” snickered Sungjong. “Shut up!” Minwoo nudged his waist.

“did he always that spice?”, questioned Donghyun. “Since forever.” Donghyun smiled bitterly. He’s not jealous of the hug, but he’s just disappointed that he couldn’t hug Minwoo tightly as anyone could coz he’ll burn himself. Deep inside he wished he was the Agent of Wood. You know wood enhanced fire. He thought that ice was too weak since ice easily melts.

“It’s like the forest, the ground is occupied by grasses and tiny colorful flowers. The only trees I see is pine, perfectly arranged in orderly arrangement by each row. Oh, there’s also an old rotten sign board made up of wood, written ‘No entry’, but the letter Y peeled off. Then, there’s something fishy about the ground coz underneath the grasses, there’s a secret doorway. A brown door that would only allow a person passed through per entry.”

“Uh-hem” Sungjong sketched roughly at first. His tongue stuck out to left of his lips, focusing hard. Domghyun looked around  Sungjong’s studio as the two discussed about the painting.

“Wow, he’s great.” His fingers traced alone Sungjong’s trophies and medals as an excellent and creative artist. He then observed Sungjong’s paintings that was hung neatly on the wall.

“Is it a broom or a mop?” His brows slightly frowned, his chin rested on his hand while the other hand folded on his waist. He really wanted to solve his own question but Sungjong offhandedly threw him the answer,

“It’s my mom’s skirt.” Donghyun agasted, he eyed Sungjong in bewilderment. Sungjong winked.

“I know, I’m damn creative right?.” Donghyun eyes caught Minwoo’s. ‘He’s impossible!’, he mouthed silently. Minwoo gave him ‘I know’ look. Donghyun observed another painting. It looked like a  mixture of lion’s feature and fat legged creature.

“Err..this one looks like a lion. Positive!”, Donghyun thought, nodding confidently. His eyes widen, he was horrified when his eyes met the description. ‘It’s my beloved Dad’, it written. Indeed, he’s beyong creative.

“Yah! You missed the most important detail!” Minwoo blinked. “What else?”  Sungjong huffed. “The time. Is it day or night or anything…,” he stated as-the-matter-of-factly. Minwoo tilted his head.

“It’s either dawn or dusk. Is it bothering you?” “Duh, ofcoz! It’s the utmost important! Let’s just assume it’s dusk, ok? I like the feeling of sun setting down.” “Whatever you say, princess~”

 

……………………………………………

 

“Wow, this is perfect!” The guardians awed at the A3 sized paper which painted with the hint found.

“Yup, who would ever think he’ll able to describe it so impeccably? With the painting of his..,” Donghyun mumbled the last sentence. Minwoo grinned.

“When we’re little, he always called by the name Miss Da Vinci. He’s genius at paintings and portraits.” Everyone nodded, acknowledging Sungjong’s undefeatable talent.

“So, all we have to do now is to search for the place, right?,” asked the twins. Hyunseong nodded.

“I’m sorry but I feel extremely exhausted. I seriously need some rest now. So, can I take a short nap and continue later?”, asked Minwoo, flashing his tired smile. And he’s not lying. It’s barely evening yet he felt so damn tired that he wanted nothing but t sink on his bed an dozing off. The fatigue really knock him that he felt his energy level pointed to zero. Probably they had used too much energy when meditating.

“It’s ok. Just have a rest until you’ve gain your strength back. You’ve contribute too much energy while meditating. You too, Donghyun. Go back and rest.” Minwoo nodded and moved to his bed through his half-closed eyes. A second later, he drift peacefully. Donghyun smiled warmly. He too, feeling exhausted.

“So, I’ll be back tomorrow. Bye.” Donghyun Minwoo’s cheek longingly before kissing his head. At least, it’s the effective way of showing his affection toward the younger without him getting burnt. It was when he’s heading out that he felt a sudden tug at the hem of his sleeve.

“Thank you, and…. I love you, Kim Donghyun.” Those words came out from the sleeping boy’s mouth. Donghyun was so touched that he couldn’t move nor breathe. His heart was pumping like mad, almost bursting his capillaries. He could feel his face turned warmer than usual. He felt a tingling sensation of heat surrounding his cold body. He sensed a giant butterfly in his stomach was doing some somersault. He turned to face the sleeping beauty.

“I.. I love you too.. More than I ever loved someone.” The twins watched from a corner, looking amused. Donghyun traced his finger along the younger’s lips, barely touching it. Biting his lips, he suppressed the urge to kiss those lips.

“I..I’ll see you tomorrow..” He quickly smoothen Minwoo’s comforter and ran his way outside.

“Uh~ that’s so manly,” Youngmin sniggered. Kwangmin clasped his hands together. “That’s so cute!”

Donghyun ran until he’s out of breath. He stopped at the zebra crossing.

“Ok; maybe I should call a taxi now.” His heart was pumping quickly. His hands stayed on his chest. One thing for sure, it’s thumping louder when Minwoo said those words to him. And in the sleeping state. Imagine how hard it’ll thump if Minwoo’s awake?

“O.M.G! am I dreaming? Did I just say it to him? And did he actually replied it?”. Minwoo’s eyes fluttered open.

The exhaustion, the fatigue and the need of sleep was long forgotten. He was thinking about Donghyun. Call him sick but he couldn’t think of something other than Donghyun now.

“Well, that’s a good plan, I respect you, blank head!”, cheered Youngmin. Kwangmin gasped.

“You planned it?” “Uh-huh.” A hint of redness spread on the boy’s cheeks.

“You can just tell him, eyes-to-eyes, mouth-to-mouth. That’s more convenient,” telled Kwangmin. Minwoo pulled his comforter up to his cheeks.

Yeah, but if I’m asleep, I wouldn’t be embarrassed if he’s not replying me.” Kwangmin couldn’t help smiling warmly at the boy.

“He will reply you no matter what. Trust me.” “I know.” Minwoo grinned underneath the comforter. Donghyun’s reply was played over and over again in his head like a broken cassette.

“He loves me, more than he anyone. He freaking loves me too! How on earth am I going to face him like always after this? But never mind, I should act cool as he thought I’m asleep. Yes, that will do.” Streams of thought kept bugging him until he eventually fell asleep.

“No Minwoo.” “Kim Donghyun.” “I love you.”

 

……………………………………