Two

Fall

Han Mi Rae

It was recess after literature class. As I was about to walk out, Ms Hana called out my name. 

"Mirae-shi." she waved at me as she stood at her desk. I pointed to myself and she nodded. I let out a brief sigh but I smiled anyways, "Ye?" 

"Could you help me carry these books to my office?" she asked me. 

"Um yeah, sure." I answered.

"I didn't know that there would be students your age who would be interested in the poetry, you know. But I'm glad that you did. We have much more in common than I thought." she chuckled. Ah, she's trying to find some common ground. I guess she's the type of teacher who wants to be friends with her students. 

She looked at her watch and I noticed that she wasn't wearing any rings. 22 years old and still single, I guess? 

"Omo, look at the time. I have to go, got some errands to do!" she picked up her bags and immediately ran out of the class. 

I shook my head and began arranging the books in order. "Need some help?" a familiar voice came from behind. I turned around and my guess was right, it was Jimin, our class president. I nodded and he started to divide the stacks books into half. 

We walked to the office together. His shoulder was only a few inches apart from mine. 'Ah, he smelled nice.' I thought. I wonder what shampoo he's using. His hair always looks so smooth and fluffy. His appearance, from what I see is a bit messy but clean.

Jimin is the class president, so it's a given that he's nice to everyone in class including me, who is a lone wolf of our class. I went to school a week late due to cold and when I finally entered the class, everybody already formed their own groups of friends. I wasn't an antisocial. I do talk to people and I have many acquaintainces, it's just that it's difficult for me to become close with anyone because of my calculative personality, I tend to be very picky with whom I associate with. As time goes by, I started to become comfortable with the way I am today. The invisible person who nobody notices, the invisible person who notices everybody.

"I didn't know you liked poetry. I like them too." he said whilst smiling shyly.

"Ne?" I jolted and dropped the books. 

"Omo." I bent down to my knees and picked them up. He placed the books in his hands on the floor and helped me gather and arrange the books that I dropped earlier. 

"Thanks." I said as he placed the books he gathered onto mine. Then, he gave me one of his infamous charming smile that the girls in class would kill for. 

'Park Jimin. 

 17 years old. 

 Charming, intelligent and loves to help others.

 The class prince. 

 He likes poetry.'

After we sent the books to the office, we both went to our respective changing room because PE was on the next period. As soon as I entered the girl's changing room, I heard the girls we talking about how fat they were when they're actually skinnier than a stick. Some were comparing their s size, and others were excited about how they get to see BTS from class A during PE. 

BTS stands for Bangtan Boys. They're the most famous guys in our school. With their good looks, wealthy family background, outstanding academic achievements, and on top of that they're placed in class A which is considered as the best class in our grades, no wonder they're the heart throbs of many girls in school. 

You see, our school system works in such as way that the students are divided according to their grades and family backgrounds. For instance, class A consists of those only with brains and/or loads of money. Class B, which is my class are consist of those with considerably good grades and great in sports. Class C are those with average grades but are active in sports and club activities, and the performances degrades as it goes all the way to class F.

Class F. 

No one even dare to meet eyes with those from class F. Delinquents and poor grades, students with attitude problems and poor grades are flocked there.  Despite our differences, all of the students in our grades have one thing in common though and that is, we all share the same period for PE.