Four

Fall

Han Mi Rae

"Omo, snow white!" I blurted out of suprise. Everyone started laughing and the new guy turned to me with a surprised look on his face, so I immediately apologised to him, "Joesonghabnida." My face was flushed in embarassement so I kept looking on the ground and started moving a few steps away from snow white.

Jimin who was still chuckling at me walked towards the new guy, "Yeah, join in. I'm Jimin." he hold out his hand to the new guy. 

"Min Yoongi." he said as he shook Jimin's hands.

After the introduction, Jimin asked of 7 people who wanted to play for the first round. I purposely didn't volunteer because, well, obviously I don't like dodgeball. To be honest, all sports aren't my forte. The most sport I enjoy doing is probably walking to the fridge. Jimin, on the other hand was the complete opposite of me. He enjoyed doing all those, well sweaty sports. "Sohee! Here!" Jimin shouted and waved at the pretty girl from earlier. Ah, so her name is Sohee.

Her name really suits her.

I took a seat at the nearby bench. Another guy from class F, I think was sitting behind me. I turned around and looking at him fidgeting with his fingers. He had a coconut hair and he was wearing a big round glasses. I wonder what a guy like him do in class F. He looks like one of those typical nerds in class. I got curious about him so I asked for his name, "What's your name?" 

"K-k-kim Jungkook." he stuttered. I nodded and introduced myself in return and smiled at him,"I'm Han Mi Rae." 

I heard the teacher's whistle and my eyes immediately landed on the new guy who was running towards Jimin.

I tried to read their lips because the distance was too far to hear their voices. But of course I couldn't. Not long after that, the new guy walked up to the bench and took a seat besides me. 

Holy . 

"I thought you were playing with them." I raised my eyebrows, looking at him.

"Nah, I don't really like dodgeball." he grunted.

"Or sports in general." he continued as he leaned on his seat.

"Pfftt." I tried to hold back my laughter.

"Yah, what's so funny about it?" he looked at me, unsatisfied.

"It seems like snow white suits you oddly well." I laughed. For some reasons, I feel oddly comfortable around this new guy. 

' Min Yoongi.
  17 years old.
  Hates sports.'


Min Yoongi 

The girls were pressuring me to join the game but knowing me, I was too lazy for physical activities. Dodgeball itself was out of question. I would like to avoid that vigorous sport as much as possible. So, I talked with the guy, who was his name again, ah, Jimin that I couldn't play, or should I say, didn't want to. He nodded signifying it as a pass. The girls were disappointed, some of them wanted to join me sitting there but of course, it was too late for that. 

So, I walked up to the short-haired girl who called me 'snow white' earlier and sat beside her. She seemed surprised,"I thought you were playing with them."

"Nah, I don't really like dodgeball." I grunted.

"Or sports in general." my back felt sore so I leaned back. 

"Pfftt." she was trying to hold back her laughter. 

"Yah, what's so funny about it?" I asked her. What is it with her? 

"It seems like snow white suits you oddly well." she laughed.

"Yah, yah, is that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?" I asked her, jokingly.

She slightly raised her shoulders and asnwered my question with another question, "Who knows?"

"Oh look, the game's starting!" she pointed towards them.

Han Mi Rae

"Oh look, the game's starting!" I exclaimed. Throughout the game, my eyes were focused on Jimin and Sohee. For some reason, seeing them together today made me feel some type of feeling. I don't know how to describe it. Dissapointed? Jimin didn't seem like the type of person to be attracted to the outer appearance.

"Do guys tend to look for girls with looks?" I asked. Snow white seemed to be taken aback by my sudden question. I looked at him earnestly, seeking for an answer. I'm pretty sure a guy like him have had many experiences with girls before, right? He scratched the back of his head, looking at me awkwardly and said,"I don't know..how I should answer that."

 

"It's different for different guys, I guess? You can't generalize guys and put them in a box and say they're all the same you know?" he answered. I nodded, agreeing with what he says. 

"Do you like girls with looks then?"I asked him, looking at him straight in the eyes. He's starting to look a bit flustered by the sudden questions. 

"I'm pretty open-minded so you should just go ahead and answer it honestly." I said again.

"I..am not..sure but I would be lying if I said I didn't." he answered awkwardly. I chuckled, "This isn't a math quiz, Yoongi. It's not that difficult of a question, a simple yes or no was fine." 


"Yah, yah. Look at that. You're such a weird..kid you know. Asking that kind of embarassing questions out no where." he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Why is it embarassing? It's a general question. Why should you be embarassed by it?" I asked him again. 

"It is embarassing because it's embarassing." he defended himself.

"Okay then, let's ask for another male's perspective. Jungkook~" I turned around, looking at Jungkook who already looked sleepy and was about to drift to his la-la land. I snapped my fingers at him, "W-what?! Fire!" he jumped from his seat.

"Sit down, Jungkook. There's no fire." I laughed again looking at how funny he was. He fixed his glasses, blushing at his own reaction. 

"Do you like girls with good looks, Jungkook?" I asked him.


His face lits up immediately and it slowly turned brick red. He shook his head and smiled shyly. I wonder what's going on in that head of his.

'Kim Jungkook.
 17 years old.
 Looks nerdy but isn't the typical nerds you usually see in tv.
 Shy, especially when it comes to girls.'


"This type of question isn't embarassing right, Jungkook?" I asked again. He shook his head again. I'm pretty sure he's lost in his imagination just now.

"Yah, that's not fair." the new guy said.

 

Min Yoongi 

"Yah, that's not fair." I said. I waved my hands to the guy who's sitting behind us but it seems like he's gone in his imagination land.
 
"He's not even paying attention to your question." I continued.

"Kude, kude. Since we've come to this topic then let's all be honest. Do girls and do you look for guys with good looks?" I asked her. 

 

I'm pretty sure she's just like the rest of the girls. Now that I think of it, it's starting to make sense. Maybe the thing she did earlier, when she called me snow white was to attract my attention? The question she asked just now, could it be that she's insecure that I won't like her because she feels that she's not pretty enough for me? Ah, this girl likes me doesn't she?

She tilted her head, "Most girls do get attracted to pretty faces, I won't even deny that fact. I find it weird that I don't, though. Not that I'm trying to be different from them. I'm just saying it is..what it is." 

All of a sudden, I heard someone screaming and the teacher blowing his whistle. It seems like somebody in our team got injured. It was the girl who was talking to Jimin earlier. Jimin got up and carried her to the infirmary. The girl beside me was looking at them, her eyes were following their every movements. Could it be that, she was asking me that question because of that guy instead?

Her head turned towards me with a concerned look, "Yah, doesn't this mean that we have to go and replace them in the game?"

Okay, maybe I was wrong. 

Han Mi Rae

I heard a girl's voice in pain and a sound of whistle followed instantly to stop the game. Apparently, somebody in our team got injured. It was Soohe, the girl whom Jimin was talking to oh so fondly earlier. She sprained her ankle and Jimin quickly carried her on his back to the infirmary. My eyes were glued on them, I don't know why. I felt really uneasy about it. But I shook the feelings quickly as I realised the situation that I was in. 

I turned to snow white and asked him, "Yah, doesn't this mean that we have to go and replace them in the game?"

The teacher called out for us to participate in the game. As much as both of snow white and I didn't want to, we went anywhere. The girls seemed pretty happy about him playing along with them. Yoongi, on the other hand, seemed disinterested or should I say irritated that he had to do something he dread doing. 

I looked at Yoongi with a sympathetic expression that says, I feel you man
He looked at me and chuckled.  As we started playing, I realised that Yoongi was actually pretty good at dodgeball. As a matter of fact, our team was winning. We managed to score 8-4. Only 10 minutes passed but I was already breathing heavily due to how competitive the two teams were. 

"I..thought... you weren't good at..dodgeball." I said as I try to catch my breath.

"I never said I wasn't bad at it. I only told you I didn't like it." he answered cheekily. 

I.
Felt.
Completely.
Cheated.
By.
Him.

 

'Min Yoongi.
17.
Hates sports.
Like pretty girls.
Cheeky and sly.'