Chapter ten - new start

Chance for love

Donghae's POV

Eunhyuk is sleeping with his head on my shoulder. The smell of blood is terrible because his whole hands are covered with blood and his shirt is stained too. After while he is whimpering and crying from his sleep and then woke up with screaming. He is mumbling something about dying Yesung so I ensure him that he isn’t dead, but he is still having surgery.

Eunhyuk is awake now because of the nightmare and we sit in silence. Only sound is ticking of the clocks hanging on wall. I bring wet paper towels and wash Eunhyuk’s hands. Then I take off my hoodie and he took off his dirty shirt. Now he is clean and I bought ham sandwich and water for him. I am patting his back and told him to eat but he only took few bites and then started to cry again.

“What is taking them so long?”

I am thinking hard about something what will calm him down.

“It is taking them so long because they are making sure that everything is okay. So they are probably doing some tests or something like this.”

He is desperate, so he believed in such stupid thing. After another hour some nurse came and told us to go with her. She leaded us to doctor who said that Yesung has lost lot of blood and now he is unconscious. The doctor showed us room where is Yesung and we walked inside.

Eunhyuk almost collapsed on threshold because of the sight. Yesung is laying in bed and his whole stomach is wrapped with white bandages. He has oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. Yesung is slowly breathing and the heart monitor next to him is rhythmically beating. He has needle stabbed in his arm and it is leading new blood into his body. His chest is so Eunhyuk covered him more and then sat down on chair next to his bed.

“Why have you done such stupid thing?”

Eunhyuk is Yesung’s hand and he is crying again. I put my hands on his shoulder and want to cry too. It was my idea that they should live with me. I wanted Eunhyuk living with me and didn’t think about consequences. Now their father is arrested and Yesung is laying here with sewed up stomach. I want to stay here with them, so I sit down on chair on second side of the bed. We are just sitting there and listen sounds of the heart monitor. After two hours Eunhyuk’s head started to loll from side to side. Then he lays his head on bed next to Yesung’s hand and fell asleep. I find spare pillow under my head and fall asleep too.

In the morning I am awake as the first one. Nurse came and checked Yesung. Then she left and I get up. I go to hospital cafeteria and buy two coffees and donuts. Then I go back and put the food on table. I sit down again and want to drink my coffee when Eunhyuk startled me.

“He moved his hand! His hand moved!”

He is pointing at Yesung and called nurse.  The nurse looks annoyed but came.

“Sir this is normal. When he opens his eyes then come for me. I have another patients too.”

She left and Eunhyuk is mumbling insults. Then he looked at me.

“But you believe me right?”

He drags me to the bed and gently put Yesung’s hand in mine.

“He moved his hand so why don’t they believe me? They think that Yesung is dying but it isn’t truth, right?”

I hug him and rub his back.

“It is going to be okay.”

After while he stopped shaking and I give him donut. Maybe sugar will help him to calm down. Eunhyuk is Yesung’s hand and eats the donut. After food I wipe his tears stained cheeks and hands sticky from sugar. Eunhyuk gently massaging Yesung’s legs and suddenly froze on spot.

“He is waking up!”

I jump and stand next to him. Really, Yesung’s eye lids are twitching! We are standing above him and watch how his eyes slowly opened. His eyes are hazy because of the strong painkillers. Eunhyuk ran to get doctor and he said that everything is okay and Yesung is healing good. He falls asleep again, but the doctor said that it is normal. I want to give them privacy but Eunhyuk hugged me and even kissed me on lips in front of the doctor. We are alone in the room and Eunhyuk is smiling.

“We can start again! I will find some flat for us and then job.”

I shake my head no.

“You can still live with me.”

He got up and grabbed my hand.

“I don’t know how to say thank you Hae.”

He hugged me and kissed again.

Yesung stays in hospital for one more week. We are trying to be with him, but I have to be in my shop and Eunhyuk is looking for job. We visit him in two remaining visiting hours every day, so he isn’t lonely. But he sleeps most of the day because of the massive blood lost. Today Yesung will be discharged and we want some present for him. After while Eunhyuk has idea and drags me to pet shop. We bought small turtle and aquarium and other things. We go to hospital and I put the aquarium on nightstand. Yesung watches the tiny turtle crawling around and then pointed at his chest.

“Yes, it is for you.”

Yesung is smiling and pressed his finger on the glass. He is completely amazed by the turtle and I am thinking how such small creature as this turtle can bring so much happiness. We got some medicine for Yesung and instructions how to take care of the wound on his stomach.

Eunhyuk sold their restaurant because it is place full of dark memories for him and his brother. My flat above the shop is big enough so we can finally live together. I and Eunhyuk have one bedroom. At first we were trying to hide our relationship and act like we are just friends. Yesung then wrote that he is mute but not blind and told us to live alone and that he will find something else. But Eunhyuk refused that. Not the part that we can stop hiding but the part that he will leave.

"You must stay with us and I will make good all the years when you were like slave."

Now I can finally sleep next to man who I love. Yesung has my old smaller bedroom so we all have privacy. But especially me and Eunhyuk for our partner games. Eunhyuk bought mp3 player for Yesung so we can be as loud as we want.

Eunhyuk has job in the city so I am working in store with Yesung. We wanted him to rest for few more weeks, but he always sneaked out of his bed to help me. At least I made rule. No work for him before 7 in the morning. We always have breakfast together and then Eunhyuk kisses me and he goes at work. It is nice to work with someone because after mother’s death it was lonely. Yesung knows sigh language but he didn’t use it because of their father. But now he is in prison and I am learning the sign language too. I need to learn it because it is only way how to speak with him.

We can all start again. I and Eunhyuk got biggest gift - we got chance for love which will last forever.