Chapter eight - graduation

Chance for love

Eunhyuk’s POV

My graduation ceremony is here and I am so nervous that I want to puke. I get dressed in my only suit and walk out of our bedroom. Father and Yesung are downstairs in the restaurant and father walked out of the kitchen. I see Yesung standing in the kitchen. Father is in suit from mother’s funeral. Yes, he isn’t angry and wants to act like father today.

“My son is here! Come here my Eunhyuk.”

Father patted my shoulder and handed camera to Yesung.

“You take picture of proud father with useful son.”

I bite my lips and Yesung took picture of me with father who has one arm on my shoulder and he is smiling. It is not the angry smile which means beating but the nice smile which I haven’t seen in years.

“What about Yesung?”

Father smirked and pushed me outside of the restaurant.

“Why are you caring about the retard so much? He has work to do.”

Father payed taxi and we head to my university. I got academic dress and wait in long line of another ex-students. I don’t know why I am so nervous. Now I will get diploma and I am free. No school but I will have to find job. And there is one important thing. With job I and Yesung will leave father. The problem is that I don’t know how. It isn’t so easy. 

I am clutching my diploma and speak with few friends. Well we aren’t real friends, but we are the smartest and I am not afraid to say that we helped to many people from our class. Photographer took picture of us with my diploma and handed the picture to father. After the ceremony I thought that we will go back home but we head to some restaurant. I don’t feel good with such happy father. How long will it last? We sit down and father ordered steaks and wine for us. We are slowly eating and drinking the wine. I don’t want to be here with him. I want to celebrate it with Yesung and Donghae and not with man who will soon punch me for sure. After we left the restaurant father drags me in bar.

“We need to celebrate!”

He is little bit drunk and he is too loud but the people in the bar are too drunk to notice. He pushed me to sit next to him and order beer and soju for us. Father is drinking and shows picture from the ceremony to people around us. I am slowly sipping my beer and wait for moment when he will be too drunk to notice that I left.

 

Donghae’s POV

I know that Eunhyuk has his graduation ceremony today, but I need to stay in shop. Around lunch I closed the store and go to their restaurant. Maybe he will be there and I will give him my present. I bought leather desk diary for him and I want to give him silver pen. It was my father’s and I want to give it to him because I am sure that he will be signing some important contracts soon. Eunhyuk is so clever and nice that he will find good job. But I am standing in front of their restaurant and it is closed. Only Yesung is inside and he is scrubbing floor the wooden floor. I knock on the window and Yesung turned to me. He got up from his knees and opened the door.

“Hi Yesung, is Eunhyuk here?”

He shakes his head and wrote that father took Eunhyuk for lunch and they are still outside. I nod and Yesung takes the scrubbing brush again. He hissed in pain when he kneeled back on floor.

“Are you hurt?”

Yesung shakes his head again and I have feeling that he lies. I lift his shirt a little bit and gasped. Yesung has huge dark purple bruise on his lower back.

“How did this happen?”

Yesung quickly pulled his shirt back down and writes something in his notebook.

“I asked if I can go to Eunhyuk’s graduation ceremony and he kicked me.”

I kneeled next to him and took the scrubbing brush from his small hands.

“Why are you still here if he beats you?”

Yesung takes the notebook again and writes.

“Where can I go?”

I shrugged.

“You could live with Eunhyuk and find normal job. Not being slave of your father.”

Yesung took the brush from me.

“I don’t want to be a burden for Eunhyuk. He will leave but I will stay here so he can have his free life.”

He is washing the floor again and ignores me. After while he writes something again.

“I am busy so please leave.”

I leave and told him to say to Eunhyuk that I was here. I go back to shop and eat sandwich behind the counter. It is almost evening when Eunhyuk came. I smiled at him and proudly give him my present.

“Thank you Hae, it is really sweet, but you shouldn’t waste money.”

I hand his glass of soju.

“So, I wish you great career Hyuk.”

We drink and then I show him rice balls which I made for us. He is speaking about the ceremony and that he has prepared CV, but I have one important question.

“Maybe offer of living with me would be better gift.”

Eunhyuk looked at me.

“I have flat big enough for you and your brother. Yesung can work in shop with me and you will find job.”

Eunhyuk shakes his head no.

“This is too much. I can’t use you like this.”

He is eating and plays with empty glass.

“It isn’t too much. Do you know what is too much for me? To watch you and your brother suffering because of your father. Your father kicked Yesung because he wanted to go to the ceremony too.”

Eunhyuk is crying now.

“I want to leave but I need job.”

I took his hand in mine.

“You don’t need to wait, only thing you need is to say yes to my offer. How long it will take before he will kill you?”

Eunhyuk got up and took the present.

“Thank you for the present but I need to go now.”