Chapter six - third chance

Chance for love

Donghae’s POV

Today my mother has another chemotherapy. I go to hospital with her and lead her in room with many armchairs. She is receiving the therapy with many other elder ladies and they like to tease me.

“Donghae do you have girlfriend?”

“Donghae why aren’t you studying?”

“Donghae when will you give grandson to your mother?”

And thousands of questions which are making me nervous. At least they are laughing which is important when they are fighting with cancer. Stomach cancer, kidney cancer, brain tumour and cancer which has my mother. Luckily mom told me to go to coffee shop which is across the street. She needs to stay here for one hour, so I will wait in the coffee shop. I drink ice coffee and spot bus stop. It is bus stop where is stopping Eunhyuk’s bus. I don’t know when he will come back from college, but I am very patient.

I lead mom back home and she gave me break for rest of the day. I run back to the coffee shop and sit next to window, so I can clearly see the bus stop. I already have drunk three coffees when I finally spot Eunhyuk getting out of bus. I jumped from my chair and run behind him.

“Hi!”

Eunhyuk turned to me and looks surprised.

“Hi Donghae!”

Suddenly I feel numb.

“I was thinking that maybe we can have coffee.”

I point at the coffee shop behind me. Eunhyuk is thinking for a while and when I am losing hope he nods. I drag him inside the coffee shop and buy salad with chicken and ice coffee for him.

“I bet that you haven’t time for lunch.”

Eunhyuk nods again and starts to eat.

“I had no idea that you like coffee so much.”

He pointed at card with seven stamps, for ten you will get strawberry cake for free. I chuckled and hide the card.

“My mother is often in hospital and if I don’t want to be interrogated by bunch of ladies then I need to hide here.”

Eunhyuk smiled but then gently rubbed my hand.

“I am sorry about your ill mother, if I can do something for you.”

We are quiet for moment. His touch is so warm and nice that I could sit here like this whole day.

“Would you like to go cinema?”

Eunhyuk bites his lips and I make sad puppy eyes to soften up his heart.

“Okay but only some short movie okay? One hour is maximum.”

I take his bag and we go together to close cinema. Only movie which is only one hour long is some anime movie. I need to fight with Eunhyuk over who will pay for tickets and I won so Eunhyuk bought popcorn and some lemonade.

“You paid for tickets, so I paid for some refreshment.”

We go inside and the movie starts. It is probably for kids so there are speaking animals and it is quite stupid but Eunhyuk is laughing and that is important. His laugh is so nice that I need to laugh too. Our hands “accidentally” meet in the box with popcorn and Eunhyuk always blushes.

After the movie we are slowly walking up the hill to our homes. I few times slightly brush my hand against his and then I collect my courage. I interlock my fingers with his. Eunhuyk blushed but I feel that he squeezed my fingers. It is dark and not many people walk around so we are just two anonymous shadows walking together. We both know how are people looking at homouals so it is better like this. We are almost at their restaurant and I am thinking if it is too much to want kiss from him. Suddenly we hear some yelling. Eunhyuk starts to run and I hurry behind him.

“You lazy retard!”

Their father is in rage again. He and Yesung are on street in front of their restaurant. He is beating Yesung with belt and Eunhyuk is trying to stop him. He even punched Eunhyuk and he stumbled and fell down. I ran to them but Eunhyuk pushed me away and told me to go home. His father spotted me.

“Hey you are still around my son?! What are you?”

He is drunk and people watch this show. Yesung is trying to tell something to Eunhyuk with sign language. Their father turned to them and punched Yesung straight in his face.

“Don’t dare to do this or I will break your hands!”

Suddenly he turned around and saw the people standing around us.

“What? Get out!”

People go away and their father goes to bar. Eunhyuk has cut in eyebrow and bruise on his jaw. Yesung has long bruise across his face caused by the belt and he is shaking in fear. Eunhyuk helped him to stand up and they start to walk in their flat. I go behind them and I am in Eunhyuk’s home for the first time. The flat is almost empty and not very cosy. Yesung is sitting at table in the kitchen. Eunhyuk brings first aid kit and starts to put some ointment on his brother’s wounds. Yesung looked at me and say something in sign language.

“What does he say?”

I frown and looked at Eunhyuk.

“I am sorry, but he wants you to go.”

I nodded and go to front door. Before I can step outside Eunhyuk stopped me.

“I just want to say that I really enjoyed it. Thank you but this is how it always ends. Back in s but still, thank you Hae.”