Chapter nine - not so good idea

Chance for love

Eunhyuk's POV

I am nervous and regret that Donghae isn’t here to encourage me. After few days and another beating I have decided that we will leave our father. Yesung is sitting at the table next to me and he is biting his nails. We both jumped when we hear the loud bang of front door which announced that father is here.

"Brats why are you sitting here!?"

Father is yelling and he has problems to balance on their legs.

"Father I need to tell you something important."

Father growled and opened fridge. He took beer bottle and opened it.

"We are leaving you."

He slowly turned to us and throwed the bottle on wall behind us. I start to shake.

"What have you said?"

I gulped and get up.

"I am leaving and I am taking Yesung with me."

Father is looking at us with eyes full of anger.

"Ohh such ungrateful brats! So I was good to feed you and now you just want to walk away?!"

Father smacked me across face and I fell down.

"You think that I will let you go? Where will and retard live?"

Father took long knife from kitchen counter. I slowly crawl away from him and he is towering above me.

"You will leave when I tell that you can!"

I freeze and watch the knife flying through the air. I closed my eyes in horror and wait for contact of the metal with my body, but it isn’t coming. I opened my eyes and see Yesung laying on floor next to me. The knife is stabbed deep in his stomach and father is standing above us with blood on his hands.

"He jumped in front of me. It was his fault."

Father took his jacket and hurried away. I kneeled next to Yesung and take his head in my hands.

"Yesung!"

His eyes are starting to close and he coughed blood.

"Don’t close your eyes! You must stay awake!"

I take of my hoodie and pressed it on the wound. I left the knife in the wound and try to stop the bleeding.

"Yesung you can’t leave me!"

He is opening and closing his mouth because he is desperately trying to tell me something. His small fingers sticky with his own blood find my hand and he is writing something on my skin. I recognise it after while. Sign for love you.

"I love you too Yesung."

My hoodie is soaked with blood and I pressed towel on the wound. I struggled but managed to lift him. I carry him out of our flat and yell.

"Help! Call ambulance!"

Few people on street stopped and gasped in shock. Some elder man is calling the ambulance and I am cradling Yesung in my arms.

"Yesung stay awake! Look at me!"

I gently shake him and he is groaning in pain. I grab his hand and pressed it to my cheek.

"It will be okay. Help will be here soon."

I am his hair wet with sweat. The crowd around us is growing bigger but then I hear familiar voice calling my name. Suddenly Donghae is kneeling next to me and he pats my back. He is frightened and looks at the blood pouring from the wound in stomach of my little brother. Suddenly I remember the small bundle which I and father brought from hospital together with mother's ash.

Father was always yelling when was Yesung crying and said to me that it was the baby who killed my mom. But I couldn’t hate him. And then I came home from school to father who was choking the little baby with one hand. It was the first time I saw him really drunk and I pushed him away and ran to hospital with Yesung. Father lied that I dropped the baby on edge of chair and that’s why he has bruise on his throat. Doctors believed him and father beat me up for saving Yesung. But I couldn’t save him from his voice loss.

How I saved him from bullies. One of them hit him in head with stone and I throwed the bully I trash bin. And father beat us up.

"Eunhyuk ambulance is here."

Donghae is shaking with my shoulder and paramedics are taking Yesung from my arms. They lay him on stretcher and pushed him in ambulance. I jumped in behind them and we rush to hospital. They put oxygen mask over his nose and mouth and say few things which I don’t understand. In the hospital they run with him and door of operating room closed behind them. I am trying to get inside but nurses don’t let me and pushed me in waiting room where is already waiting Donghae with police. They arrested hfatbut he is too drunk to speak.

"Son what happened to your brother?"

Old police man kneeled in front of me. I know him because he arrested my father few times when he was too drunk.

"I just wanted to leave him, but he wanted to stabbed me. And Yesung ..."

He rubbed my back and Donghae handed me cup of tea.

"Yesung saved me."

I start to cry and Donghae put my head on his shoulder. He is whispering that it will be okay but I don’t believe him. The knife was so deep and there was so much blood. Suddenly doctor came with sad expression.

"Your brother is in critical condition and you should be prepared for worst."

He squeezed my hand and then showed us room where is laying lifeless Yesung. I am staring into his sickly white face and smell the blood which is leaking through the bandages. I want to tell them to change the bandages but the machines around him suddenly went crazy and they are flashing and beeping. I look around because I don’t understand what is happening. The doctor shakes his head no and sighed.

"His heart gave up."