-13-

Mischievous fate

Siwon comes home from work to a completely silent home. He found a white cane for blinding people laying on the couch in the living room and then he goes to find Yesung. Ryeowook is cooking in the kitchen and he only looks on Siwon and shakes his head no. Siwon silently went upstairs and found a master key that can open every door in this penthouse. He unlocked the door of Yesung’s bedroom and walked inside. The room is dark and Siwon wonders why didn’t he turn on the lights but then realized that there is no reason for that. Siwon sees only a lump on the bed and slowly pulled the covers aside. Yesung is sleeping curled into a small ball and Siwon immediately sees that his red cheeks are puffy and tearstained. He sighed and gently his hair. Yesung unconsciously snuggled closer to the warm palm which is touching his head and sighed. Siwon only smiled a bit and then gently shakes his shoulder.

 

“It is dinner time, wake up.”

Yesung opened his eyes and blinked a few times. He still isn’t used that he sees nothing after opening his eyes but now Siwon is there next to him and grabs his hand. He leads Yesung in the dining room and Ryeowook eats dinner which he cooked with them. Then it is time for the nurse to leave and go home so Siwon and Yesung are alone.

 

“Ryeowook told me that you bought a white cane so you can walk around on your own without getting hurt. But he also told me that you don’t want to use it.”

 

Yesung turned his head to Siwon, well at least where he should be according to his hearing.

 

“People can see me with it.” 

 

Siwon thinks for a while and then he looks out of the window. And he sees the answer.

 

“It is already dark outside and there is a park across the street. Let’s go to practice.”

 

Siwon grabs the cane and Yesung’s hand and doesn’t listen to his cursing. They cross the street and entered the silent park. It is empty but there is no need to worry about their safety. Siwon gives the cane to Yesung and grabs his hand again.

 

“Just tap on the ground with the end of the cane so you can find possible obstacles.”

 

Yesung doesn’t move so Siwon gently pushes him and the blind man groaned and started to slowly walk.

 

“Please, just give it a try. Only this one time and if you don’t like it, then I will throw the cane out.”

 

Yesung nodded and listens to the sound which is the cane emitting. Of course that Siwon is also looking if there isn’t something dangerous but luckily there are only a few small rocks and branches. They walked to a long brick wall where are hanging many posters for movies, concerts or just commercials. 

 

“Now find the wall.”

 

Yesung is tapping around himself with the cane and Siwon is silently cheering up when he managed to find the wall. Yesung doesn’t want to admit it but it feels great. Yes, maybe that it sounds stupid but back in the hospital they didn’t let him do anything. They fed him, bath him and Yesung had no independence. He starts to walk next to the wall and keeps tapping on it to make sure that it is still there. After some time Yesung heard that someone with a dog is coming toward them and quickly wants to hide the cane. Instead of hiding it, he accidentally tripped over it and fell flat on his face. Siwon hissed and quickly picked him up. Yesung’s palms are bleeding a bit but his cheeks are flushed after walking around in the fresh air without being dragged. Siwon led him back home because Yesung is newbie with the cane and he isn’t sure if he can cross the street on his own. They get home and Siwon treated his palms before letting him get in his bedroom while using the cane. Yesung smiled a bit in victory when he smells that he got in his bedroom without getting lost. He knows that this is his room because Ryeowook bought few candles with different scents. Yesung found the bathroom and then laid down in his bed again. Siwon is smiling widely and then asked him if he needs anything. Yesung asked for a glass of water so Siwon quickly gets it for him and then goes into his bedroom. His smile faded away when the silent voice in the back of his head whispered that this doesn’t mean that Yesung wants to live again.