-5-

Mischievous fate

Sungmin is walking few meters in front of Siwon and mutters curses under his breath. He said to his head of this hospital that Siwon isn’t the right person for working on his floor but no one listened to him. He was right but no one care! Sungmin kicked door of his office and sat down. Siwon silently entered the room and Sungmin pointed on an empty chair.

 

“Sit down and tell me what you did to him!”

 

Siwon chokes on his saliva and throws his arms around.

 

“I did nothing! I only tried to feed him, that’s all.”

 

Doctor Lee is getting angrier and he closed his eyes for few seconds.

 

“So you only tried to feed him and he started yelling out of nowhere?”

 

The young man casted his eyes away and Sungmin knows that he is lying.

 

“I asked him why is he trying to kill himself.”

 

Sungmin angrily hit the table with his fists. He is really going to kill this little bastard.

 

“Fine, so what if next time you do your job without stupid questions? That would be great!”

 

Siwon nodded and left the office in second when the doctor pointed on door. He sighed because this wasn’t a nice talk. Few nurses are looking on him with a smirk but then go back to their work. They know that doctor Lee is a bit choleric but he is great in his job and he wants the best for his patients. Soon one of the nurses leaded him in a room where are six kids from 5 to 10 years old. They have different kinds of cancer and most of them won’t survive until their next birthday but at least Siwon can read them some book. Also the nurse wants Siwon to see that he should be grateful for being healthy and he should do something meaningful with his life. She handed him book Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and left him there with the kids staring on the new person.

 

Siwon would better change diapers of old ladies in coma than being here surrounded by dying kids but he sat down and opened the book. He started to read and tries to do his best to make the kids forget about their pain at least for a while. Siwon had no idea how long he is reading the book but suddenly they are on last page. He closed the book and sees that most of the kids are asleep. He silently put the book down and left the room with shaking legs. This was probably the worst experience in his life and he is sure that tomorrow he will bring them some toys. Luckily for him, his first day of working here is over and he can go home. When he walked out of the hospital he opened box of cigarettes and wants to take one but then he recognized some movement in window on floor where he works. It is one of the kids with cancer and he is waving to him. Siwon waved him back and then a nurse leaded the boy away from the window back to his bed. Siwon looked back on the cigarette between his fingers and feels like a . He looked around and finds a trash bin where he tossed the box and finally walked to his car.