5: The Odd Lazy Saturday

Many Lifetimes in a Moment of Time
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Oh good, you're up… and all dressed up?"

 

Wendy was on the floor scrubbing away the grime with her hair up, no make up, and worn out clothes. Meanwhile, dressed up may be an overstatement as Joy entered the kitchen, but compared to Wendy, it was quite appropriate.

 

"Why are you scrubbing the floor?" Joy ran her fingers through her freshly washed hair.

 

"What do you mean why? We agreed we would clean today!"

 

Joy froze and mouthed an 'oh' sound. Wendy mockingly imitated her.

 

"Uhh, I invited Seulgi over."

 

"What?!" Wendy finally got off her knees to face her wife a little more head-on.

 

"Yeah, she'll be here in like…"

 

DING DONG!

 

"Coming!"

 

"Joy, where are you going! Tell her to come back another time!"

 

Joy stopped in her tracks. She did a stiff 180 and marched toward the shorter girl and gave her quite a passionate kiss out of nowhere.

 

Joy pulled away from the kiss, but their faces still close enough to feel each other's breath. "You look extremely y right now." Joy's eyes, half-lidded, as she spoke in her most alluring voice.

 

Joy suddenly felt a hard pressure on her head and that snapped her eyes open. Joy stood straight to see Wendy's hand suspended in a karate chopping form. Wendy's facial expression completed the picture as she had a furrowed brow, eyes squeezed shut, and a scowl.

 

"Ow." Joy rubbed her head.

 

"The honeymoon is done, I'm not that easy."

 

Joy was shocked that her infallible power had failed.

 

DING DONG!

 

"Just go answer the door and entertain our guest."

 

"Hello, Besties! I haven't seen you two since the wedding!" Seulgi raised her hand up high once Joy opened the door.

 

"Come on in."

 

"Where is Wendy?"

 

"Hello!" Wendy yelled from the kitchen with a raise of the scrubber she had been using.

 

"What is she doing in the kitchen?"

 

"Taking a bath." Joy said nonchalantly as she walked towards the living room couch.

 

"What! Is there something wrong with your bathtub?"

 

Seulgi sounded far too sincere.

 

~~~   ~~~   ~~~

 

Joy and Seulgi ended up finding a show on Netflix to binge. Seulgi suggested going out, but Joy knew Wendy wouldn't go and she didn't want to leave her alone.

 

"Joy-ah!? Can you give me a hand?" Wendy's strained a few syllables signifying her troubles.

 

Joy sprung up from the sofa and reached the kitchen in record time.

 

"Reporting for duty boss!" Joy still felt guilty about inviting Seulgi, but when she offered to help, Wendy suggested she

Please log in to read the full chapter