Chapter 2

Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My first day of school was always different with ordinary people. After I checked where my class was, knew who my classmates would be, I scribbled some agenda on my notebook for the briefing this afternoon. Busy, that was all the word I could ever find on my dictionary. People always thought that the first three months of school was the most relax part of the semester. I did not agree to any of that statement. Still, I thank God for putting me in the same class with my best friends, Minji and Chen.

I met Choi Minji when I was in my 5th grade of Elementary. She was my first best friend after all the things that happened. I was not saying that I was all alone. In fact, I had a lot of friends in the school since the 1st grade of Elementary but Sehun would always be my best friend and until that day. I guessed when he's gone I just couldn't open up to anyone because I was afraid that I would be hurt again. That was why they were all just friends, not more than that. Until, Minji came into my life.

People said that Minji was my exact replica. The way we joked around, the way we walked and even the way we ate were similar. Not to mention, our favorite snack which was similar but if you asked me, we were never been the same. Choi Minji was more quiet and demure while I was more active and outgoing which actually explained why I was the Vice-Director in the Theatre while she was the Vice-Librarian in the School Library. Choi Minji was way prettier than I was but she always denied it. The fact that almost all the boys went to the library everyday just to see her proves everything that I said. Me? I better not answered that.

On the contrary, Chen and I were not on a good term when we first met. Kim Jongdae or more popular with the name Chen was a member of the theatre club since he was Elementary 5. His outstanding voice made him more famous than he was already.

On our freshman year, the Performing Arts class was opened for chosen auditioned students as Mrs. Yoo, the head theatre director, decided to hold a Winter Musical before the winter break. I, forced by Minji, auditioned and was accepted. To my surprise, I was placed as the lead female vocalist and actress in the class.

As the lead female vocalist, my partner was none other than Chen himself, the lead male vocalist in the class but the problem was we never considered ourselves as one. We were partners on stage but competitors behind the scene. We never got along during rehearsals, we never got along during '5-minutes' and we never even got along before the performance. We only got along on stage or in front of Mrs. Yoo. That was all.

One day, Chen was practicing the high-notes with Zhang Yixing, our Chinese pianist, in the music room when suddenly he choked himself and couldn't breath. Yixing hurriedly brought him to the school infirmary and called me with worry. I didn't know what happened afterwards because the next thing I knew, I was beside the-boy-that-I-hate-so-much's bed praying that he would be alright. Chen was sleeping soundly with pale cheeks and black droopy eyes. He was just awful. He suddenly coughed on his bed and I immediately helped him to sit and drink a glass of water. I gently patted his back out of instinct and helped him to lay on the be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter