Chapter 5

Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Erin, Erin, you spaced out again," Sehun shook my left shoulder.

"Ah, mianhe Sehun," I apologized. Had I told you guys that we drop the formalities in the middle of the tour? Yeah, I apparently agreed to that.

"It's beautiful," He said, "I've never seen something like this in New York."

"Seoul's different," I answered while my gaze was still onto the scenery.

"Yeah."

We kept on being silent and I found it very enjoyable. It was not the awkward kind of silence when no one could start a conversation; it was the kind of silent when two parties just needed a break from the world.

"So are we friends?" Sehun softly questioned me, breaking the silence that we'd sink into.

I hummed, "Aren't we?"

"No more cold treatments tomorrow then?"

"No more cold treatments tomorrow," I repeated what he said.

"Say Sehun," "Say Erin," We said it in the same time.

"You first," he said.

"Had we ever met Sehun? Did you by any chance know me when you're little?" I asked maybe more to myself than to him.

"I met you this morning before our separate classes and was ignored by you for the last 3 subjects so by any chance, I just knew you today," He smiled as he said it.

"Sorry for ignoring you," I apologized to Sehun, "I was not supposed to act like that."

"Apology accepted," He answered.

"Your turn."

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad you're the one who give me the tour. I'm sure it'll be different if that Kyungsoo is the one here."

"Don't judge Kyungsoo, he's a nice guy and don't talk bad about him," I nudged his elbow.

"I know, I know, his the principal's son yes? Well, I did not see him at school today."

"How can you not see him when you don't even know his face?" I laughed.

"Who says that I don't know his face?" He asked in defense.

"You knew?" I asked in disbelief.

"Of course, he was my friend when I was little," He beamed, "Kyungsoo was actually the one who submit my applicant form when he knew that we're moving back to Korea."

"When y... you're little?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, it's just we played together with Kyungsoo a lot of times when we're little."

"We?"

"Did I just say we?" I awkwardly laughed, "I mean I, I was also his childhood friend. I wonder why Kyungsoo never told me about you."

"Kyungsoo might be very secretive sometimes," He shook his head, "I heard you take PA Class? Is it fun?"

"Yeah, we're having an audition for new students next week. You should try out!"

"Nah, I'll probably just flopped out," He shrugged.

"Oh c'mon! You never know till' you try," I challenged him.

"Hmmm," He hummed while touching his chin, "I'll think about it."

"Okay," I felt delighted.

"But don't blame me for being bad okay? I warn you, I have no talent in this."

"I'll try my best not to laugh," I teased.

"ERIN!" He sounded desperate.

"Okay! Okay! I'm just joking!" I raised both of my hands up, surrendering.

"Kids, the school's about to close. You both still want to stay?" the Janitor Lady asked.

"No auntie, we're just about to go home."

"Okay then, be safe. It's almost late already," She told us.

"Yes auntie, see you tomorrow," I bowed and smiled to her which Sehun just followed.

We went down the stairs then pass through the empty hallways that we walked through minutes ago and finally back to the school gates.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow?" Sehun asked.

"Do I have any choice?" I answered him.

"Seriously!!" Sehun shook my shoulder.

"Yes new kid, yes!" I replied him, "I'll see you tomorrow. Be safe."

I smiled him a goodbye and went straight to my right.

My house was located not so far from the school.  Usually, my dad gave me a ride to school every morning but lately, he was really busy that he needed to wake up before I was and came home after I slept. I rarely even saw him during weekends and I definitely missed him so much. However, I knew his work was really important. He was sacrificing himself and so must I. My mom? She worked too as the General Manager of a very reputable multinational cable co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter