Chapter 3

Let Me Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why. Out of all the teachers. She. Should be. Our homeroom?!" Chen deeply sighed.

"What? Mrs. Park is terribly nice!" Minji snapped.

"Yes Minji, 'terribly nice'," He said as he made a quotation mark on air.

"Guys, eat your food," I rolled my eyes.

We were in the cafeteria having our lunch after my 2 period of Chemistry, Minji's 2 period of Literature and Chen's 2 period of Social Studies.

"Are you okay Erin?" Minji asked, "You look really pale like you just saw a ghost."

Yeah right, I saw a ghost.

"I'm fine Minji," I posted my best fake smile on my face, "Maybe because I didn't sleep well yesterday."

"Poor Erin, insomnia killed her beauty sleep," Chen teased.

"Oh shut up Chen!" I rolled my eyes.

"You know Erin, you acted differently since the new student came to our class," Minji stated.

I literally choked on my food which Minji directly took my water bottle and helped me to drink.

"Poor Erin, choked on a food because you like the new kid."

"No, she obviously hate that kid," Minji said while fixing her reading glasses, "I heard their conversation, not to eavesdrop or something, but Erin was giving him the cold treatment."

"The cold treatment?" Chen questioned, "That's not the Erin I know."

"Exactly!" Minji agreed to his statement, "The Erin I know smile to everyone even though she hates them. Real life example: with Chen in the past."

"Yah! What does that supposed to mean?" Chen exclaimed.

"The point is, what's wrong Erin?" Minji and Chen started to look straight on my eyes, drilling a hole in each of them.

"Maybe I change," I said confidently while I slurped my orange juice.

"Bah, change? In your double looking face," Minji said.

"Minji!" Chen's face was definitely in deep shock, "Since when did you talk like that?"

"Since..."

"I need to go now. I had a meeting with Mrs. Yoo before class starts," I interrupted them.

"I'm coming with you!" Chen said.

"No, I'm going alone. Besides, it's confidential," I pointed out and started to walk out from the cafeteria, walk out from their conversation and walk out from my deep thoughts that might crush me if I believe so.

 

Mrs. Yoo was examining the agenda that I finished a few minutes ago. Her meticulous eyes read the every single bullets word by word and her elegant fingers tap the table to keep the beat. After a few long minutes of waiting which seemed like forever, Mrs. Yoo stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter