he changes or rather accepted it

Blue Skies

He was soaking wet but all he can think about was his parents and Donghae. He felt much burdened, he wanted to be an adult and act like the adult that he should’ve been but no matter what he does, he keeps messing up and causing trouble to his brother.

“Big brother… I’m scared.” He whispers, his voice shaking.

“Then shouldn’t you have looked for a place to stay?” answered Donghae sternly. But Ryeowook ran towards him, feeling overjoyed, and hugged him as he cried.

“Let’s go.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

He couldn’t believe that this was happening – he was getting reprimanded by his housekeepers and he was taking them silently. It had been three days since Ryeowook caught a fever, fortunately it has cooled down now, but Donghae still received the reprimand like a bad, neglecting older brother would.

 

It wasn’t only Donghae that was surprised, everyone working in his household was surprised at the slow changes their master is going through – a positive change especially towards the treatment to his younger brother. When they heard that Ryeowook had a high fever, some of them almost ran to his room, they thought he was nearing death when the opposite was the actual case. Donghae had surprisingly, but awkwardly cared and nursed Ryeowook back to health. They were curious but didn’t dare ask, they were just happy that Donghae finally opened up and welcomed his only family left.

 

*~*~*~*~*

“Since when has this place become a daycare center?” Kibum asked the majordomo, stunned at the sight of toys scattered at almost every corner of the house. Before the majordomo could answer, Ryeowook dashed to the front riding his new vroom-vroom toy.

“Ryeowook, please be careful, if you break anything Donghae will be furious again.” Warned the majordomo.

“Ryeowook? Donghae’s brother?” Kibum asked more to himself than to the other person.

Ryeowook noticed Kibum and smiled at him but kept a personal distance from him. “Who are you?”

“I’m Kibum, Donghae’s boyfriend.” Kibum haughtily, shamelessly introduced himself.

“Boyfriend? Why would my brother have a boyfriend, he’s not a girl?” Ryeowook reasoned innocently. Just before Kibum could say something else Donghae came out from his study and elbowed Kibum by his left rib.

“He meant a male friend, Wookie.” Donghae said. “Do you still remember big brother Kibum, you know my best friend since junior high?”

“Ah~ that rude big brother who always teases me?” another innocent, frank answer from Ryeowook.

“Why you~!” Kibum starts to grind his teeth, he was ready to hit him.

“Yeah, that Kibum. That’s him here, he’s a professional photographer now. He’s been to all sorts of places like America.” Donghae tries to liven up the atmosphere, something he hasn’t done in quite a while.

“Oh, hello! So you’ve been to Disney Land too?!” Ryeowook asked, now interested in Kibum.

“Er… yeah… in U.S., Tokyo, Hong Kong.” Kibum couldn’t help but succumbed to that cuteness Ryeowook’s emitting. He didn’t even mind being dragged around, he was suddenly becoming Ryeowook’s new favorite toy. Even though he was already twenty years old, it was strange to admit, he was as cute as a five year old. The sight of Kibum and Ryeowook getting along made Donghae felt relieved and warm inside.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Ryeowook was very excited; it was his first time to visit his brother’s company. He was very happy that he get to see where his brother whom he idolizes works and is the boss.

 

“Ryeowook, don’t ran off anywhere and don’t touch anything.” Donghae instructed, they were visiting the laborious part of the company, where you see more machines and people working together. Ryeowook tried his best to follow his brother’s instructions and act like a behave kid, act a bit of like an adult. It was very difficult to suppress his curiosity.

 

Ryeowook was exceptionally well-behaved. Donghae could see him glancing around with interest at the corner of his eyes as he continued to check on the status of the division. Everything has gone smoothly, which greatly relieved Donghae. So when the accident happened it shook Donghae’s world.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Donghae diligently waited outside the Operating Room, silently praying.

“What did you do now?”Seohyun asked, worried, breathless, her father running behind her. Donghae stood up.

“There was a small accident in the company; the crate carrying the materials gave way. Ryeowook… it’s nothing serious just a hairline fracture.” Donghae explained coolly. Seohyun’s father placed a hand over her shoulder as if telling her to calm down as he looked at Donghae.

“We’ll talk later. It seems the operation’s finished.” He said, when he sees the surgeon coming out of the O.R.

“We’re taking Ryeowook with us.” Seohyun commanded softly as she glared at Donghae.

“Seohyun, now’s not the time.” Her father said.