it sinks in

Blue Skies

“Wow, big sister Seohyun!” Ryeowook welcomed his cousin warmly and carefully, trying to immobilize his left arm. Seohyun gave him a warm hug. “The doctor said you’ll be discharged within two weeks then you can just come back for check-ups.” She added cheerfully.

“Ah, really?! Hey, big sister have you seen big brother’s house? It’s sooooo big! Let’s go there when we I’m free.” Ryeowook chattered on animatedly. “Don’t worry I’ll give you the tour, but we mustn’t make a mess okay, big brother gets ve~ry angry if we do.” Ryeowook felt confused when Seohyun suddenly embraced him.

“Sorry Wookie, but you won’t be going back to your brother’s house again. You’ll come back with us.”

“Why? But I want to stay in brother’s house.”

“We’ve decided that you come back with us, it is safer.”

Ryeowook, unknowingly, gave a pleading glance at Donghae which he tried to disregard coldly.

“Don’t worry about the bill, and Ryeowook’s things I’ll take care of it.” Donghae indifferently said while leaning against the wall. “Bye.” And he left with a swift turn on the heel. 

 

Ryeowook wonders if he did something wrong again. He wanted to hold on to his brother, but if he would cry and whine in front of him, will Donghae brush him aside again and tell him to act his age. He wanted to yell ‘don’t leave’ but all he did was sob.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Donghae practically went ballistic when he found his important documents scribbled with gibberish but after a few seconds he calmed down and suddenly felt lonely.

“Don’t worry, I actually switched them with your scrapped papers.” Kibum said calmly as he entered Donghae’s office. He felt at ease when he saw the changes of expression on his boyfriend’s face from anger to stun to irritate to relief. “You… you’ve changed.” He softly added as he gave Donghae a back hug.

“What do you mean by that?” Donghae sounded annoyed, even though he liked the skinship.

Kibum chuckled. “It’s been only two months and you’ve somehow returned to that Donghae I’ve once fallen in love.” He knew Donghae would retort and he tightened his hold. “You know what I mean Hae, you… why did you give him up that easily, if you really cared for him you should have put on a fight for your brother.”

“It’s for that reason that he has to stay with them, they’ll take care of him far better than I would.”

“Really, then don’t cry.” Kibum teased.

“I’m not crying. I’m not!” Donghae retorted weakly.

Slowly they fell on the carpeted floor, Kibum didn’t let go of him as he tried his best to stop the tears.