Daily Life

Mirror Mirror (Altered Version)

 

 

I woke up, and proceeded to drag myself out of bed. I heard the usual noise of my sister in the room next door, doing her experiments. I glanced longingly at the wall that separated my and Hyeri’s lab. Part of me just wanted to walk right through the wall and discover what types of experiments happened in there. Yet a bigger part of me shivered at the thought of what could be in there. I wasn’t allowed in the lab so I was desperate to know. Sometimes I swear I feel evil aura seep through the cracks, yet it was probably my imagination since my sister was definitely not evil.

I went over to my mirror and tugged at the necklace around my neck. The necklace had a silver chain, a small charm the shape of a star hanging from it. I never got to realize why it was there, all I know was that I got it from my parents when I was five. Sometimes I hated that necklace. One, it wouldn’t come off no matter what and two, it always reminded me of my parents' death. They had died a few weeks after my 12th birthday. How they died, no-one knows. They were just found like that in bed… I sighed softly and went about rummaging for my school uniform. I yanked the door open and slung my bag over my shoulders and jumped down the stairs. Hyeri was at the table, eating a piece of toast. I gave her a quick smile and shoved on my shoes. She handed me a sandwich. ‘Here, eat up. Don’t rush,’ Hyeri smiled at me. I nodded obediently and went out the door. ‘Bye sis!’ I waved goodbye and walked to school.

As I walked past the forest, I quickened my pace. Every morning I hear something in there. Many people know that 7 brothers live in there and they go to the one and only Woollim Academy, where only the rich and highly educated students could have the privilege to attend there. My thoughts were broken into pieces as a sharp yell was heard from the forest. Some girls nearby squealed with excitement, knowing that it was the 7 guys. I immediately broke into a run. The guys scare me to death, even though I have never seen them before and I hope I never will. I stopped running as I reached my school’s gates and in a lungful of air, happy to be away from the forest.

I sat slumped in my chair, staring at the board, desperately trying to focus on the math’s equation written out, but I always managed to slip off into la la land. The teacher caught me with a dreamy look on my face and cleared his throat intently. I immediately snapped back into reality. ‘Miss _____, please explain this equation.’ He pointed to the board. I gulped and tried to explain it, but failed. ‘Please focus then.’ The teacher went back to lecturing about circles and pi’s. I groaned. I hate math.

I sighed with relief. I just finished my shift at the bubble tea café and can finally rest. I glanced at the clock. 8:30 pm. I smiled to myself and started to read while sipping some juice. Finally peace…