Confession

Mirror Mirror (Altered Version)

 

I watched wisps of clouds drift past me. I was lying lazily on the soccer field, watching Infinite play soccer and occasionally tackle each other to the ground. I watched as Myungsoo broke off from the game and come and join me.

‘What’s up?’ I asked casually. He shrugged and laid down near me, before falling asleep. I blew some hair out of my face in frustration.

I’m bored…

Suddenly, an idea popped up into my head. I grinned evilly to myself and scurried through my bag, looking for a permanent marker. I crept over to L, marker and my hand and a mischievous grin spreading across my face. No-one noticed as I gave L a goatee, extra curly moustache, an ugly scar running across his left cheek and an eye-patch covering his right eye. I stood back and admired my masterpiece.

‘Perfect~!’ I clapped my hands and felt content at last. I started to listen to music, and waiting for the moment when Myungsoo wakes up. 

*A moment later*

‘Bwahahahahahaha!’ My eyes twitched open at the sound of Sungyeol’s booming laughter. I peeked over to Myungsoo, who had awoken as well and was staring at everyone confused. I joined in with Woohyun and Sungyeol in laughing. Sunggyu pointed a finger at L’s face.

‘What happened dude?! Your face…’ Sunggyu bit his lip before erupting into peals of laughter as well. Myungsoo snatched Sungjong’s phone away from him and used as a mirror.

‘HYUNG~! I was playing a game and almost beat Hoya hyung’s high score!’ Sungjong whined and stomped his feet. Hoya and I slapped each other a hi-five, giggling madly.

‘WHO DID THIS TO ME!?’ L bellowed, frothing with anger. I shook my head immediately, and tried to pull on a straight face while pointing to Woohyun. Woohyun glared playfully at me and pointed to Sungjong. Soon, everyone ended up pointing at each other, so L still didn’t know who did it. His eyes scanned over us all.

‘______!’ He yelled. My eyes widen and I backed away from him.

‘I-i-it wasn’t me! I swear…’ I said still backing away from a going-to-explode-soon Myungsoo.

‘Then how do you explain this?!’ He said, pointing an accusing finger at my marker lying carelessly near my bag. I knew I had been caught and started to run around the field, trying to escape from feeling his terrible anger, scared out of my wits.

*At home*

I stumbled in, exhausted from all that chasing. L had chased me into the school building, where I hid in the girls toilets until Hoya and Sunggyu coaxed me out, assuring me that Myungsoo had given up and was gone. I sighed and stumbled into my bathroom, going for a nice refreshing shower.

I watched Hoya eye Dongwoo suspiciously, wondering what was going on while chewing my dinner slowly.

Oh, that’s right, Dongwoo’s “disappearing” act… =.=

Dongwoo seemed really nervous and fidgety under Hoya’s intense gaze. I chuckled softly to myself and started to clear up everyone’s plates with the help of kind Grandpa Gyu. Woohyun was peeping in and out of the kitchen as sneakily as he could, but I noticed and wonder if he needed anything. Sunggyu seemed to know what was really going on, but had his lips sealed, no matter how much pleading I did. I pouted the whole time I was drying the dishes, ignoring Sunggyu’s chuckle.

‘Can’t you just give me one clue…? Just one~!’ I tried to squeeze the answer out of him again. He shook his head as Woohyun popped into the kitchen again and gazing at me before he ran off into the living room.

So strange and funny~

I finally placed away the last plate and rested against the kitchen counter for a while as Sunggyu joined the others in the living room. I let out a contented sigh and closed my eyes.

‘_______? C-c-can I t-t-talk to you?’ Woohyun said. My eyes opened immediately and found him standing really close to me. I smiled and nodded, following him up the stairs to the rooftop.

‘Ah! Wait here!’ He said and left me alone on the rooftop, hurrying down to get something. Woohyun soon appeared, and his hands were held behind his back suspiciously. I eyed him carefully. Woohyun lowered his head and inhaled deeply. He looked up, and I realized his face had turned pink.

‘I… have this confession. I want you to know that I… love you.’ He said and let out a whoosh of air.

Why does he have to be so sober? What happened to greasy Woohyun?

I blinked, not believing my ears. He held out a bouquet of daffodils. My trembling hand reached out and grasped the flowers. They were beautiful, like Woohyun’s hopeful face. I cringed.

‘I’m sorry Woohyun, but I don’t share your feelings as well…’ I whispered out, burying my face into the flowers, not wanting to see Woohyun’s face show all his hopes crashing down.

‘I-I understand, I guess. You can’t force someone to love you, can you?’ Woohyun gave me a weak smile. I returned that smile with an even weaker smile. As Woohyun turned away, I stretched out my hand and grasped his warm and sweaty hand. I gazed deep into his eyes.

‘I’m really sorry Woohyun. Maybe I’ll learn to love you one day…’ I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. My eyes darted to a shadowy figure, dashing down the stairs, looking as if he had been eavesdropping.

What or who was that?

‘Don’t force yourself ______.’ He replied and went downstairs. I remained on the rooftop, staring out into the distance, thinking about the confession. Suddenly, I saw a flash of red.

Dongwoo?

I had unconsciously shouted his name as well and the figure had stopped for a second, before running out of the forest, disappearing out of my sight. All thoughts of Woohyun flew out of my mind and Dongwoo replaced it.

‘Guys! I saw Dongwoo run out of the forest! Do you know where he’s going?’ I said, puffing from running down the stairs. Everyone froze. Hoya stood up unexpectedly.

‘Do any of you think that he’s going to Hyeri’s house?’ I gasped at that assumption.

Could he be?

‘He couldn’t be, could he?’ I asked fearfully. Sunggyu’s hand rested on my shoulder.

‘Not possible…’ He said, but I could trace hints of uncertainty in his voice. I looked at everyone’s anxious faces and down at the ground and hoped that Dongwoo was going somewhere; anywhere but Hyeri’s place.

A/N: Hey~ Sorry for not updating in a while… again. Also, I won’t be able to update for 2-3 weeks… I’ll be going overseas and studying. I’m really sorry! TTATT Please wait for me~ I promise to spam you with chapters when I come back~! <3 Thank you to my 20 something subbies~ :D