Chapter 9

The Death Games

Chapter 9

"No!" I shout, waking up. That was the worst nightmare ever. I dreamt that it was Sulli instead of me getting chosen for the games. But that's not all. I also dreamt a part where Jonghyun was keeping Luhan with him for several days in the arena where he tortues Luhan every single day until he is practically begging for death. And one where Key somehow sprang back into life and attacked Sehun and Seohyun with Tracker Jackers. And another with Onew stabbing Kris and Jessica to death with his spear. And this last one where Taemin was getting eaten by some sort of wolve-like creatures.

I know those nightmares can't be real since, Key's already dead. And I know the Capitol can do many things, but the one thing I'm sure they can't do is bring people back to life. All those nightmares, I'm postitive, are the work of the venom of the Tracker Jackers. But I know it's all over once I actually wake up which I do. There is one thing that I don't quite understand. I remember Taemin sort of saving me by telling me to run. And when I was running, I remembered fainting. But how is it that I'm not dead yet? An unprotected body like mine, someone should've noticed it.

I sit up, trying to think about it. My head still hurts from all those bad dreams and I don't really feel any pain from my three Tracker Jacker stings. I realize that something is on my hand. I recognize it. I remember my mother using this to treat Tracker Jacker stings. I can't quite exactly remember the name but I know it'll draw out the poison. The question is, how did it get on my hand and on my neck, too.

I grab my arrow and bow after hearing a twig snap. But I relax as Seohyun greats me with a lovely smile.

"...Seohyun?"

"Sooyoung! You're finally awake!"

"How long was I asleep?"

"A couple days." Seohyun hands me a dead rabbit. "We were running low on food so I tried to hunt."

"I didn't know you could hunt."

"I didn't either. But I am good at aiming. Back home, I played darts all the time with my Mother. So I tried using a knife instead of a dart." Seohyun pats the rabbit in the belly. "It was such I shame to kill this poor little guy. But you needed food so I had no choice."

"You make a good hunter, Seohyun." I smile at her.

"Thanks!"

"Where's Sehun?" I ask as I try to make a small fire. I stop my work and turn to look at Seohyun when she didn't answer. "Seohyun? Where's Sehun?" I see tears filling up on her eyes as she shakes her head. My body goes numb for a while. No... It can't be... I put my arm around Seohyun's shoulder to comfort her. "Seohyun, please tell me." I say softly.

She nods. "Jonghyun. He took Sehun on day two. That's why you saw me on day three. I was searching for the Careers. But... Sehun wasn't with them so I thought he escaped. Then, when you told me to run, I did. But I was caught by 4."

"Taemin?"

"Yes. I thought he was going to kill me but he didn't. Instead, he showed me where Jonghyun kept Sehun. It was sorta like a cave or something, down by the lakes. And I saw Sehun there. His face was badly bruised and his leg was bleeding profusely. Just as I was about to help him, Taemin suddenly comes in and carries Sehun on his back. He told me to run. I knew the rest of the Careers were coming so I followed him."

"I set the Tracker Jackers on them."

"I know that but somehow, even though Onew and Jonghyun got stinged by them, they were still able to chase after us."

"What happened? Didn't you three managed to get away?"

Seohyun wipes away the tears flowing down her cheeks and continues. "Not all three of us. When he ran, Taemin tripped on a branch and dropped Sehun. I tried to turn back and help them but Sehun told me to run ahead. When I refused, he told me that Taemin's here to help him so he'll be okay. I stupidly believed him and ran ahead. I stopped after I heard the cannon fire twice. Taemin catched up to me without Sehun on his back."

Seohyun, at this point, is choking back tears. "He told me that Jonghyun and Onew had caught up with them. Taemin tried to help Sehun but Onew got to him first. Onew speared Sehun and the cannon went off. Taemin had no choice but to run away." Seohyun couldn't continue anymore. I didn't force her. I let her cry on my shoulders as I organize my thoughts.

So that's why Taemin told me to run... But I can't believe it. Sehun is gone. He's gone. "I didn't even get to thank him for all he's done for me."

"I'm sorry, Seohyun. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault, Sooyoung."

I'm afraid to ask Seohyun my next question. "S-Seohyun... It was only Key and Sehun who died...right?"

"Luhan's still alive if that's what you mean."

"Do you know where he is?"

"No... I did try finding him, though. But don't worry, you'll see him again." Seohyun smiles at me. "I can tell that you really like him."

I roll my eyes. "So where are Jonghyun and Onew?"

"At the Cornucopia. All their supplies are piled up in this big pyramid."

I smirk. "That sounds tempting."

I'm on a tree in my sleeping bag with  a sleeping Seohyun. She reminds me of Sulli in so many ways. Now that Sehun is gone, I'll do whatever it takes to keep Seohyun alive. It's the least I can do for Sehun. I can think of another thing that I can do for him. I'll avenge him. I'll make sure that Onew gets what he deserves.


Hey everybody. :) This is actually Day 6 in the arena. Sooyoung's been asleep for 2 days because of the Tracker Jacker venom. Sehun and Key both died on Day 3 where she set the Tracker Jackers on the Careers. Sooyoung didn't hear the cannons because she was intoxicated by the venom. Sehun was captured by Jonghyun at first, but Jonghyun didn't kill him right away. He wanted to lure Seohyun to Sehun because he thinks that Sooyoung will follow Seohyun and fall right into his trap. Taemin's a good guy, actually. That's why he helped Seohyun find Sehun. Onew is responsible for Sehun's death and Sooyoung is going to avenge him by finishing off Onew.

I want to thank SY-JaeHa for upvoting this story. :D I hope this wasn't boring and I hope you enjoyed. :)