5

In The Dark

Nana's P.O.V

I decided to skip school to stay in the club because I hadn't been looking after things very well. Business was fine as usual, everyone was obeying the rules. I went outside to get some fresh air when I saw Lizzy and Raina were walking towards me and would probably notice me soon. I was slowly backing away when I heard a yell.

"Jinah-ssi!"

Lizzy ran over and hugged me tightly. "I thought you were sick!"

"Yeah.. I am.." I said.

"Why are you outside then in the middle of the city? You need to go home." She said.

"I'm waiting to be picked up." I said. "My aunt is coming for me."

"Oh. Well, text me when you get home. I'll see you later." She kissed me then kept walking with Raina.

I waited until they were out of view, then I went back inside the club and took my place in the corner. A few hours later I got a text from Lizzy.

'you are at home now jinah-ssi?'

I texted 'yep' back.

A minute later, she texted back. 'prove it'

'I lied. I am at work.' I texted.

'you said you were sick though :( where do you work? I can get my parents to come pick you up.' She texted back.

'its fine. kahi is going to pick me up.' I texted.

'get well soon jinah-ssi :3' She texted back.

I rang the bodyguards again to come look after stuff, then I texted Kahi.

'pls come pick me up c:'

'why should i pick you up? whats in it for me?'

'whatever you want.'

'i'll be there in ten minutes. where r u.'

'come to the city centre.'

I left the club and walked to the city centre and soon enough Kahi arrived in her car. Jung-Ah was in the back so I got in the front.

"Hey Nana. Where do you want to go?" Kahi asked.

"Home. Lizzy said I had to go home because I'm sick. I'm not actually sick though, I was just working all day." I said.

"Did they pay you to do overtime?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah.."

The journey back was very quiet. I felt awkward because I knew I'd probably interrupted Kahi and Jung-Ah's date or whatever. I thanked Kahi for picking me up and got out. The door to my apartment was already unlocked which I found weird. When I went in, Lizzy was there.

"Jinah-ssi!" She came out of the kitchen. "Go to bed."

"..Why?" I asked, frowning.

"You're sick. You won't get better if you don't rest." She said, starting to undress me already.

"Fine.." I mumbled and started to walk to my room and finished undressing then I put my pyjamas on and got into bed.

A few minutes later Lizzy came in and sat next to me. "I had to cancel a tutoring session so I could look after you."

"I'm not that important.." I said, trying to sit up but she pushed me back down again.

"Yes you are. Please rest, Jinah-ssi." She said.

 

Kaeun's P.O.V

E-Young said she was going to take me somewhere special but she wouldn't tell me where.

"Since we're together now we can do couple stuff." She was saying as we went in a cable car to Namsan Tower.

"Can't you just tell me where we're going?" I asked.

"I thought you would have guessed already." She said.

"I haven't lived here for that long you know." I said, hitting her shoulder playfully.

"Well, this is a really romantic place." She said.

She wouldn't tell me anything else after that.

 

Lizzy's P.O.V

I made sure that Nana slept. I was quite tired myself but I needed to look after her. It was 4am when I heard her coughing so I went to check on her.

"Jinah-ssi..?"

She looked over at me. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"I'm looking after you." I said.

"It's late though. Please sleep." She pulled me down next to her. "We have to get up for school tomorrow."

"You're not going anywhere. You're sick, you have to rest. I'm staying here to look after you." I said, hugging her tightly.

"How will you look after me though if you're tired?" She asked. "Please.. Just sleep."

"But if you need anything please wake me up." I said.

She nodded slowly. I closed my eyes and fell asleep quickly.

 

the next morning...

 

Jooyeon's P.O.V

The register was being done again.

"Im Jinah."

The entire class looked at me as if I knew where she was.

I shrugged. "Probably off sick again."

The register went on.

"Park Sooyoung."

"She had to cancel all her tutoring sessions today. I think she's sick too." Said Raina.

My phone started ringing and everyone looked at me. I slowly took out my phone to check who it was.

"It's.. Uhh.. Nana." I said.

"Answer it. Ask her where Park Sooyoung is." Said the teacher.

I answered the phone.

"Jooyeon, it's Lizzy. Nana said she can't come in today because she's sick. If anyone asks about me, say I'm sick too." Said Lizzy, then she hung up.

"She's sick." I said.

The teacher nodded and finished the register.

"I doubt they're both sick.." Kahi mumbled from behind. "I even know one of them isn't sick.."

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning around.

"I had to pick Nana up from work yesterday, she told me she was pretending to be sick because she was working overtime." She said. "And I guess Lizzy really believes she's sick and is probably looking after her."

"Hm.. Seems typical of them." I said, then I looked out of the window to see if I could find the room Uee was in.