31

Inseparable

 

The manager bit his lip as Kris looked at the screen for the report.

The president Wu now was hard to deal with, he had become more stern and cold, while Wu Empire’s earnings had skyrocketed, still he never seemed to be pleased about it.

“Do it again, there are too many loopholes.” Kris stated, then he stood up then left the conference room.

 

“Hmm, I remember living in Seoul, but just that.” Woori said, Kai nodded beside her. The two were walking around the village.

Kai smiled as he glanced at her.

“Then what about you? You always ask me about myself, but you never talk about you.”

“I’m just a simple person.”

Woori scoffed.

“Don’t lie, I saw your motorbike, a Ducati motorcycle costs a lot.”

Kai paused, not everyone knew about his bike. But Woori had identified the brand.

 

Woori paused.

“It doesn’t look safe.” She murmured, then the male before chuckled.

“Just like our relationship?”

Woori made a face at him.

“Come on, I’ll give you a ride.”

“I’d rather call a cab, get away from me.” She laughed, before turning away.

Woori’s eyes opened as she felt Kai’s hand on her shoulder.

“Are you okay? Are you in pain?”

Woori shook her head and started to walk again. Who was that person?

She kept on hearing the same deep voice in her flashes.

But she could never see his face.

 

Kai watched as Woori walked away.

He knew she was different, he had a feeling that she was from a rich family. There was something different about the way she moved and kept to herself, and she could recognize uncommon brand names too.

Woori suddenly halted, she looked up as snow started to fall on her shoulders. She turned to Kai and smiled.

Kai felt his chest tighten slightly, but he smiled back.

“It’s snowing.” She said.

“Yes, and we’re going to freeze, let’s get to the car.”

 

Kris pulled over in front of his two-story villa. He stepped down from the car, then he felt cold tingly sensations on his hands.

He glanced up and leaned on the car.

It has been eight months since Woori had disappeared and a month since she was found dead.

Kris stretched his palm up and watched as the snow hit his skin.

I wish that you could appear in front of me, even for a moment.

Kris exhaled, he looked up to the front door.

“Ya, where were you? We’ve been waiting!” Woori whined as she hopped on the front steps and walked to him.

“I’m a busy person, unlike others.” Kris claimed playfully, Woori chuckled and wrapped one arm around his waist.

“Yixing and I made kimchi stew and shrimp fritters.”

Kris nodded, then he paused.

“Did you make a mess in the kitchen again?”

Woori started to slowly pull away from him.

“You know, being your fake girlfriend can tire me sometimes, I’ll just go ahead~”

“Ya, come back here!” Kris managed to yank her back and lifted her on his shoulders.

“Wu Yifan! Put me down!”

Kris smirked before walked towards the house.

“How about no.”

Kris’s expression softened as he stepped in the empty hall. He glanced at the shoe rack, and his heart ached again.

A pair of Woori’s running shoes was still sitting on the rack.

 

Kai felt his phone vibrate in his coat pocket. Woori was beside him slicing some vergetables.

“Ya, Kim Jongin.” She turned to him.

“I don’t understand.”

“What?” He asked.

“You live here, but you’re not working or anything, how do you survive?”

“Like you, living with halmeoni, living off, I mean.” He teased. Woori sent him a look.

“I’m actually helping her with the chores and the garden, unlike you, and you live at an apartment, babo.”

Kai chuckled and pressed her cheeks together.

“I’ll be back.”

Kai slipped out from the house and answered the call.

“Yes, who is this?” He asked.

 

 

“Young master, it’s me.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++