45

Inseparable

Woori was panting as she shut the front door behind her.

“Be my fake girlfriend.”

What was that? She was sure, it was Kris. Kris was the one who said that.

And she agreed.

So, they never dated?

She ran her fingers through her hair.

Surely, other people must have known.

What was the truth?

She looked up and walked towards the stairs.

 

Woobin looked up and found his sister standing by the door of his study, she looked troubled.

“Ri?” He sat up, Woori shook her head.

“Oppa, tell me everything about me and Kris.” She said bluntly, Woobin’s eyes widened.

“I feel so confused, I know that somehow he was close to me, but….were we even real?”

Woobin looked away.

“Oppa..please.”

“Kris….you were close to him. Since we were young. Then one time….” Woobin trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

“You become his fake girlfriend, because you agreed to help him wait for the girl who left him. Because if you didn’t do that, he was going to be arranged with another girl.”

Woori’s brows furrowed.

“Jung Yemi.”

Woobin nodded, she shook her head.

“Ri, Kris, he~”

“Oh my god. A lie….everything’s a lie?” She asked.

“Ri, you just wanted to help him.”

 

Luhan smiled as he entered the hall with his cousin and Minah. The Kim elders were already inside the place, talking with some of their guests.

“Woori isn’t that stable…I’m worried.” He said quietly, Minah nodded.

“I just hope people wont pressure her.” Minah said.

“Ge.” Lay greeted him, Woobin gave them a nod before walking to his parents.

“I don’t know how to sat this, but I have a feeling that Woori’s been remembering…a lot.”

“What are you saying?” Luhan asked. Minah leaned in.

“Last night…..she suddenly left, I tried calling her, but nothing. Even Kris ge couldn’t reach her.”

“I just hope she remembers, I cant stand seeing the two of them hurt.”

 

Inhae smiled as people took photos of her and Kris. Kris just nodded politely, his mind was still on what happened last night, Woori disappearing then not returning his calls.

“Let’s go.” Inhae urged him and they entered the hall.

 

Woori rubbed her temples as she was guided towards the hall’s entrance. A part of her was dreading the party, she didn’t understand why her parents would throw such a big party, she just wanted to be with her close friends, but then again she wanted to get over with it.

She was dressed in a rose pink tube dress that was tucked on the waist; the dress was encrusted with crystals that made her look like she was glowing.

“It’s stupid saying this, everything isn’t real, we were just acting unnie, you know that.”

 “I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t say it back. Yemi…He told me he loves me. Everything was a lie, he wasn’t waiting for her to come back.”

“I know, but…..I didn’t know how to tell him, after all this time, keeping it in me, it was easier.”

 “You love him, Ri.”

She had been having scratchy flashbacks of Minah, and she had no idea why. Who was this person?

Who?

Her headache was killing her. Then she felt eyes on her, she tried to smile pleasantly as people greeted her.

She saw her brother and Luhan smiling at her.

“It’s nice to see you again, Miss Kim.”

She nodded as she walked along.

She saw Inhae with Kris, she felt herself flinch.

She shook her head slightly.

“I lied to you, Woori.”

She opened her eyes again.

“Agasshi, are you okay?”

She nodded.

“Lied? What do you mean?”

“Kris.” She muttered. She looked up again, Kris was still with Inhae, they were talking.

“I always have loved you, not anyone else.” Kris looked up to meet her eyes.

 “Kris….what are you saying? Yemi…she~”

“We broke up because….she made me realize that…I was in love with you. She was the first one to find out.”

 

 

She stopped, she felt tears fall from her eyes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++