Twelve

Our Love Stories

Haruki's POV

Today's Woohyun's big game!!

Oh for those of you that don't know, Woohyun plays basketball and today's his big day.

Both V and I come to support him.

Yes I know I haven't answer V yet and that I've been trying to avoid him, but...

I don't know what I should do. To be honest, I've never had anyone confessed to me before, so this is pretty shocking.

But after all, V was my first friend since I came to South Korea, he was the one that showed me around town and I bought "friendship" bracelets for the two of us, and he was the first one to find me in the Haunted House.

No, I'll think about it later. Right now, I should just focus on supporting Woohyun for his game.

 

"Hey! You guys are here!" Woohyun yells out excitedly once he sees us. He runs over and gives me a big hug. "Wait a minute, where are the others?"

"Kimmie said that she and Hoya will be having a double date with Eunhee-ssi and Chanyeol," I explain. Yup, our lovey dovey Mi-ho is having a little date. And about Eunhee and Chanyeol, I'm not sure if they're dating yet. They do seem like it though.

"Wait where are they?" a voice suddenly pops up out of nowhere. But then I realize it was Jungkook. He seems kinda mad or annoyed for some reason.

"Uhm Mi-ho, I mean Kimmie and Hoya are on a date. I think they said they're going to the ice skating rink," I tell him.

"Mi-ho?" Jungkook and V ask at the same time.

"Yeah, it's their couple name. Kimmie made it up herself." I smile brightly.

"They already made a couple name?" I can hear Jungkook mumbling.  I'll figure it out later.

The whislte blows which means it's time for the game.

"Come on let's go find a seat before the whole thing is all filled up!" V yells over the loud crowd. Most of them are girls who are cheering for Woohyun. Wow he sure is popular!

"Wait Haru-ah!" Woohyun calls me. "Let's make a bet okay? If I win you have to give me a kiss on the cheek. But if I lose, I'll take you and Taehyung out for ice cream, okay?"

"Ehh?" But Woohyun left before I can have a chance to say anything. 

We finally find a seat, but it's hard to see because we're all the way in the back. Many people are standing up so I decide to stand up too but most of them are too tall for my height.

I sit back down and sigh, hopelessly.

The game had already begun and I can't see a single thing.

"Hey, Haru! Hop on!" V says, lowering himself, motioning me to get on his back.

Thump! Thump!

"Come on! I can't stay like this forever! You wanna see the game don't you?" He's right. Okay just for a while.

I slowly get on and wrap my arms around V's neck and shoulders. He stood up and I can see the whole game from up here!

"How's that, huh Haru?" He asks. 

"It's good!" 

Suddenly I feel a little bit taller. Then I realize he's standing on the metal bench. 

"Better?" V asks.

"Yup!" I yell, laughing a little. 

V laughs along with me. 

"Are you sure it's not a bother?" I ask, worried. 

"Why would it be? You want to cheer for Woohyun hyung right?" He sounds annoyed.

I wrap my arms around him tighter and look at him, saying, "Thank you for everything. "

He looks over his shoulder and our eyes suddenly met.

Thump! Thump!

V smiles his cute, child-like smile.

Thump! Thump!

 

Half the game already passed and Woohyun's team is losing! I begin to worry. 

The whistle blows which means it's time for both sides to rest. Many girls are surrounding Woohyun so I can't talk to him. 

"Wait here, I'll go get us some water," V says, letting me down.

I sit down on the bench. I just notice that Jungkook has been very quiet. 

I nudge him and he seems to be very surprised. 

"Sorry to surprise you, Jungkook-ssi, but you've been pretty quiet. Is something the matter?" I ask, concerned.

"Oh it's nothing. It's just that since Kimmie and Hoya are now a couple, I just..."

He doesn't have to finish. I already know what he's about to say.

"I think it would be best if you tell her how you feel," I say, slowly. I really don't know what to say when it comes to this type of situation.

"But in the end, she'll go with that idiot, Hoya," Jungkook says. He sounds both hurt and mad.

I give him a big hug. "I'm sorry I can't help. I really am."

He pats me on the head and says, "It's okay. I know you tried." He smiles.

"Here it is!" V says, handing me a cup of bubble tea. They're my favorite. "They're selling it across the street so I decided to buy it."

The whistle blows again and it is time for the game to continue.

I watch Woohyun closely and hope that he'll win. The bet was kinda weird but still he is my friend and I want him to be happy.

 

 

An hour and a half had passed and the game is finally finished. The score is 20 to 26, which means Woohyun's team lost. I was really bummed out and so is everyone else who are on our side.

I search for Woohyun through the busy and chaotic crowd.

"Haru-ah! Taehyung-ah! Jungkook-ah!"

We all turn to see Woohyun. He is a bit sweaty and tired but he's still smiling.

"I'm sorry that you guys lost. Hey there's always next time, right?" Jungkook says, cheering him up. He seems to be cheered up himself too.

"Yeah. It's alright. It just means that I need more practice. And I'll pay for the ice cream." Yay! Ice cream!

"What?" V asks.

"We're going out for ice cream!" I yell out happily.

"I'll go change first," Woohyun says.

 

 

"Hello there, I'll be your waiter for today. The name is Ilhoon."

The ice cream shop is huge! I just keep on staring and staring at the big space.

 "It's too bad Hoya and Kimmie aren't here. Eunhee and Chanyeol too," I say. Jungkook decided not to go. He said he has something important to do. I hope he feels better.

"Hoya? Are you by any chance one of Hoya's friends?" Ilhoon asks.

"You mean Lee Howon? Yea he's my step brother. These are his and my friends, Haruki and Taehyung, or V," Woohyun introduces us.

"Step brother? He never told me that. I'm his co-worker."

"He works here? Wow! I want to work here so I can get all the ice cream I want!" I say.

Ilhoon chuckles. "It doesn't always work like that, miss."

We begin to order.

Once the ice cream are out, I begin to dig into it without hesitation. It takes me about 5 seconds to finish the whole thing. Woohyun and V look at me, impressed. I smile proudly. Eating has always been my specialty.

After Woohyun pays, we walk out, but I just got a brainfreeze.

"See? Don't eat ice cream too fast!" V scolds me kindly, and holds on to my shoulders.

"Woohyun oppa, thanks for taking us out for ice cream." I give him a hug and he hugs me back.

"You're welcome." He smiles.

Thump! Thump!

What's going on?