Two

Our Love Stories

Okay, today's the first day of school. I'm nervous yet very anxious because if I make new friends, I'll be able to improve my Korean skills. Alright Haruki, show them what you got!

The teacher , whose name was Lee Yura, tells me to wait outside the door until she calls me in. My heart begins to beat 10 times faster than its regular pace. Is this even normal?

"Please come in!" I hear her call me and I immediately jump up. I take a deep breath and walk in, trying to look calm, but inside, I'm freaking out!

"Please introduce yourself," Miss Yura says, giving me an encouraging look.

I try to remember all the Korean vocabulary words that I've learned. Okay, let's do this!

"Hello, my name is Jung Haruki," I speak in the best Korean that I can, "I'm Korean Japanese. I just moved here so my Korean isn't very good. Please treat me kindly." I gave a bow because in some places in Asia, bowing is considered polite.

Every student looks at me and smiles. Some of the girls give me dirty looks while the guys give me creepy looks.

"Okay Haruki-sshi, please sit over there, next to Jang Kimmie-sshi. Jang Kimmie, please raise your hand!" the teacher orders.

A girl with dark short hair raises her hand. She looks really friendly and nice so I hope she'll like me. I walk slowly to my seat and sit down. As Miss Yura begins her lesson, Kimmie whispers to me, "Hello there, I'm Jang Kimmie. I'm actually half Korean, half Australian. You said you're half Japanese? That's awesome! I really love anime and Japanese food!"

Kimmie is a bit loud so the teacher gives her a "ssh".

"You're half Australian? That's awesome too. I've heard that they have kangaroos there, is that true?" I ask.

"Yea but I've never actually seen one in real life yet. I'm hoping I get to this summer."

We go back to our works until it was time for lunch.

"Hey, Haruki, do you want to sit with me and my friend for lunch?" Kimmie asks me as I was getting my lunch box. I'm really surprise. No one has ever been this nice to me besides Angie and Miu. I don't know what to say so I just nod. Kimmie laughs at my awkward answer and grabs my wrist. She leads me to a shade under a big old tree. We sit down on the grass and I begin to open my lunch box. 

"No, wait!" Kimmie yells, stopping me from opening it. "We need to wait for someone. He doesn't like it if people eat lunch before him."

"He? Who's he?" I ask.

"You'll see."

We wait for about another 5 minutes until a tall figure comes running toward us. He has browish, goldish hair and big glasses.

"Sorry I'm late Kimmie-ya," he apologizes to Kimmie, "I was talking to my teacher. Who's this?" He looks at me and smiles a very beautiful and friendly smile.

"This is Jung Haruki," Kimmie introduces me, "and she's a new student in my class. She's half Japanese, half Korean." I bow a little because I was sitting down.

"Hi Haruki, my name is Park Chanyeol. I'm in the class next to yours. I'm sorry for making you wait and not eating your lunch," he said.

"It's alright. It's nice meeting you Chanyeol-sshi," I tell him.

"Ayy don't be so formal. Just call me Chanyeol, alright Haruki-ya?" I nod and smile.

We open our lunch boxes and I begin to realize something.

"Uhm may I ask something?"

"Yea sure Haruki. What is it?"

"Are you guys dating?"

Kimmie and Chanyeol look at each other weirdly and begin to scoot further away from each other.

"No it's not like that," Kimmie explains, "Channie and I have been best friends since elementary school. We've never thought of each other that way besides just best friends. Don't think of it that way okay Haruki?"

I nod and apologize for the misunderstanding. We go back to eating our lunch when a group of boys walk by. One of them look some what familiar. He looks at me and yells out excitedly.

"Hey you're Haru! I didn't know you go to this school too!"

"Ah, Taehyung-sshi. I'm surprise too!" I say out loud, standing up and greeting him.

"Hey V, you didn't tell me you have such a cute friend," one of Taehyung's friends teases. He has a baby face but since he is wearing sleeveless shirt, I can see some arm muscles. Taehyung hits him with his elbow and I chuckle.

"I just came to this school. Oh and I made two new friends, Jang Kimmie and Park Chanyeol," I introduce them. Chanyeol seems very happy while Kimmie was a bit strange.

"Oh Kimmie, aren't you in my class?" another of Taehyung's friends asks. He looks pretty cute and young. Kimmie blushes and nods.

"Yes Jungkook-sshi," Kimmie says quietly. I tilt my head. Is this what I think it is?

Jungkook smiles and they begin to leave. Chanyeol and I sit down while I see Kimmie watching Taehyung and his friends walking away.

"Kimmie-ya, do you happen to have some feelings for Jungkook?" I ask. I know it's rude to ask people if they like someone because it might not be true. But I'm positive that Kimmie likes Jungkook. 

She sighs and sits down. "I guess it was pretty obvious wasn't it? I was so nervous I didn't know what to do. Jungkook is just so cute and nice. Many girls like him so I doubt I have a chance with him. Besides there is this other guy I'm beginning to like. He's the best dancer in this school. Hoya."