Jealousy at work....

Your T Y P I C A L Rich Boy

 After school my brother was hunting me down. I knew I would have to face him, but I almost considered taking the train again. Before I could actually take action my brother found me.

 

“Lee Hyunjae…” He yelled. I turned and faced him with a still expression.

 

“Yes Lee Mika…or would you prefer me to call you Suhoon?” I questioned the formality he wanted me to address him with. 

 

“Hyunjae don’t joke around,’ Mika commanded. His face was cold, just like the first day I saw him. He was expressionless and seemed almost unapproachable.

 

“What do you want from me Mika?” I asked, not really wanting to talk to him.

 

“Let’s go home,” He demanded. I rolled my eyes and held the door open for him.

 

“After you bro…” I said sarcastically. Anyone that past by us could tell that there was an disgruntling aura around us. I got in to Mika’s car and he drove off. It was nothing but silence all the way home. When I arrived home I took a seat on the couch waiting to see what it was that Mika wanted to tell me.

 

“You know I can’t stand you being mad at me.” Mika confessed. I shrugged.

 

“That’s not my problem now is it?” I replied smartly. He groaned.

 

“What’s your problem Hyunjae why are you mad at me?” Mika yelled. I got up and stood in front of him.

 

“You know what my problem is Mika? As much as I love you as my brother I want you to understand what those two mean to me. They are my friends just like Hyunmin, Jay, and Injoon are to you. So you can imagine how angry I get when one of the few times I get to see my friends you insult them. Saying things like I don’t how things work where you’re from is insulting. You’re insinuating that the way they do things is wrong just because they aren’t rich like you guys.” I stated.

 

“That’s not what I meant!” Mika exclaimed. It was rare that Mika ever spoke out.

 

“Oh really because that’s how they took it! And that’s how I took it,” I mumbled the last part. “Those are the only people left from my childhood Mika…and I cherish them,” I told him, my voice cracking at the end. A couple of tears rushed down my cheeks. Mika came up and hugged me.

 

“I’m sorry Hyunjae. You know how much I want you to feel like you belong here. I want you to feel so comfortable that sometimes I forget that there are other people in your life that are important to you besides us. So I’m sorry I came off so strong but I can’t help but feel like I need to protect you from everyone and everything. I never want you to go through what you’ve been through again. When you first came here I told myself that I would never let you cry as much as you did when you first got here. That also means that I can’t be the reason for your tears.” Mika confessed to me, squeezing me tighter. I let go of his hug and wiped a couple of tears from my eyes.

 

“Oppa…” I started.

 

“Hm?” He looked at me expectantly.

 

“I know why girls like you now. You’re such a softie.” I joked, poking his stomach.

 

“Yah don’t joke around like that.” Mika laughed, guarding his stomach. I couldn’t help but smile. I’m lucky to be in this family and I know it.

 

“Thanks for being an awesome brother Mika.” I thanked him, going up to his cheek to kiss it.

 

“eww you nasty don’t kiss me,” Mika groaned, wiping the spit from his cheek. I laughed. It was fun to see my brother squirm. I grabbed my stuff and started to head to my room. “Hyunjae!” Mika yelled.

 

“Yes?” I yelled back.

 

“Tell your friends that they are welcome here any time.” Mika told me. I smiled.

 

“Will do!” I responded. I changed my clothes and went back to the living room. Unfortunately when I got there my brother was opening the door for Jay and Hyunmin.

 

“Hi Hyunjae,” Jay greeted.

 

“Hello Jay,” I greeted him.

 

“Hi player,” Hyunmin greeted me.

 

“Shut it spoiled boy,” I responded. Mika shook his head.

 

“He just got here and you two are already throwing words at each other.” Mika groaned.

 

“It’s not my fault he’s annoying,” I rebutted, glaring in Hyunmin’s direction.

 

“It’s not my fault you’re easy to annoy.” Hyunmin responded to me. I rolled my eyes at him. Jay laughed.

 

“Yah Hyunmin if I didn’t know better I would think you liked Hyunjae.” Jay commented teasing Hyunmin. I smirked in his direction and he glared at me.

 

“Oh trust me I could never like her. I like girls with manners.” He stated, smirking at me.

 

“Too bad girls like that don’t like boys like you.” He stated walking away. Jay couldn’t stop laughing. I smiled. Jay doesn’t seem like a bad guy.

 

“Hyunjae do you want to play Wii with Jay?” my brother asked. I shrugged.

 

“Do you want to play with me?” I asked Jay. He cutely smiled and nodded.

 

“Yeah let’s play tennis!” He exclaimed. Jay and I played a couple of rounds, unfortunately we had to sit there and endure a Hyunmin’s commentary the whole time.

 

“Hyunmin just shut up!” Jay exclaimed, losing the last round. I giggled slightly at his frustration.

 

“It’s not like I’m insulting you.” Hyunmin rebutted. Jay finally lost the last round and he turned around to glare at Hyunmin.

 

“Yeah well it was distracting me.” Jay answered. I merely laughed.

 

“So Jay… how did you end up grouped together with these players?” I asked him, pointing at my brother and Hyunmin. We both took a seat on the couch.

 

“Well I guess you could call me a dancing prodigy. As I got more popular I got surrounded by girls. Out of all of the guys I’m the one that would be considered the least player like. I just like to dance. I don’t care much about the girls.” He confessed. I laughed.

 

“Well if you ever need a girl I’ll be sure to make myself available.” I joked shoving him slightly. He laughed along side me.

 

“He would never want to date you.” Hyunmin commented. Jay shook his head.

 

“Just because hyung doesn’t want to date you doesn’t mean I won’t.” Jae said, elbowing me then giving me a face as if to say ‘watch Hyunmin’s reaction’. I smirked catching on to what he was doing.

 

“Maybe we should have a private dance lesson just you and me sometime.” I winked. He smiled catching on. Mika laughed and headed towards the kitchen.

 

“That’s fine with me just tell me when and we’ll go to the studio.” Jay responded. Hyunmin cleared his throat.

 

“I’m going with Mika. I don’t want to sit here and watch you two flirt.” Hyunmin said not looking at either of us. He got up and headed towards the kitchen. When he was out of sight I looked over at Jay and we both started laughing. He gave me a high five and we sat there in laughter for a while.

 

“You hungry?” I asked. He nodded. “Lets go eat.” I stated getting off the couch. Jay followed. It was fun to watch Hyunmin react the way he did.

It’s not because he likes me though right? Nah… he’s just being same ol’ annoyed Hyunmin.