Going Their Separate Ways.

8 Weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Traveling?" Joyce asked. "Yeah, I think I can be able to travel. Why do you ask?"

"Well," I started, "I was thinking maybe you could come to Korea with me to be my new agent since I no longer have one. Do you speak Korean?"

"I'm learning. I already have the basic vocabulary down, so I think it would be nice to be around native speakers to expand."

"Great. I'll be leaving on Sunday."

When Joyce smiled at me, a vision of someone I used to know came to mind. Long, dark blonde hair, dimples in her cheeks, and pale skin. All of these were features of a person whom Kang made me remember against my will.  In fact, Joyce reminded me so much of this woman that I even accidentally call her by her name. "Chelsea??"

"Who?" Joyce asked.

"Oh, um, nothing. You just reminded me of someone for a second. Sorry."

"It's all right. You want me to start booking your flight right now?"

"The sooner, the better." Kang was never this efficient before; he would always wait until the last minute to book flights for me. I actually kind of enjoy the fact Joyce considered me. Getting rid of Kang was the best thing I could've done for myself. He was really working on my nerves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So how do you like L.A. so far. Mr. Chang Sun?" Joyce suddenly asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I think it's okay," I babbled. "It's so much like Seoul, but no Hangul signs are in sight."

Joyce threw her head back and laughed while she was waiting for a stoplight in the car. "Well, if it's Hangul signs you want, than how about we go to Koreatown."

I thought about it for a moment. Then, deciding I've spent enough time without bibimbap, I told Joyce, "All right. Let's go."

Joyce immediately swerved to the left and drove straight ahead until the English-written signs slowly morphed into Hangul.

"Now, it feels more like home," I smiled.

Joyce looked over at me and smiled briefly before her focus went back on the road. The strong smell of bibimbap welcomed us the moment we went to the parking lot. Joyce chortled as she watched me jump out of the car and race to the street vendor woman.

"Ah, Lee Chang Sun-nim," the woman greeted. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here! What are you doing here in L.A.?"

"I'm here for my Calvin Klein International campaign photo shoot," I informed.

"Oh, that's right. I read about you coming here for that. I guess it must have slipped my mind. What would you like today?"

"Some bibimbap and a few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter