Chapter 11

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

“Hey guys! Over here!” Jung Min waved his arm to us while yelling across the whole chalet.

“How could we have missed you Jung Min?!!!” Young Saeng teased as he pulled a seat at the table.
“Ha ha!  Young Saeng! Very funny!”
“I try.”
“Okay, that’s enough boys! We’re not in kindergarten anymore. Let’s just have a nice dinner, okay?” Mandy spoke up sounding so much like a teacher. The two guys stopped their joking around; looked at Mandy; then looked back at each other and burst out laughing!

Everyone took their seats and ordered what they wanted. I obviously sat next to Hyun Joong and moved my seat as close as i could get to him. (He looked at me and smiled by my act!~~~~~) Everyone was having a blast. They were talking about their day, they were telling jokes, and laughing like they would never laugh again.

 

There was one incident where Jung Min might have laughed a bit too much. He was laughing so hard that he choked on what he was eating. Luckily Mandy was sitting right next to him. She noticed how he was coughing like mad and she took her hand and smacked him on his back. She smacked him so hard that he flinched forward so hard, he nearly fell into his plate! Now for all of those who know Mandy, you know that being smacked by her feels like being tackled by a whole football team!

 

“Oh God Jung Min! That was hilarious! You flinched so much you almost-” but Hyung Jun couldn’t finish his sentence, he started to choke from laughing at Jung Min! This time it was my turn to smack somebody.

I was sitting beside  Hyung Jun but i could never find it in me to smack anyone, not even if it meant saving his or her life. So Hyung Jun was lucky that Kyu Jong was on the other side of him!

“You were saying… Hyung Jun!!! What was hilarious??!” Jung Min replied quick-wittedly as he sang the last bit of his comment.
“Oh shut up… please! And… as for you Mandy…how did you ever get to be so strong and where’d you learn to smack like that?” Hyung Jun snickered.

 

“A little cranky now aren’t we?” Jung Min teased.
“Okay guys. I take it both of you are all right now,” Mandy cut in stating the obvious as she tried to avoid any argument between Jung Min and Hyung Jun.

After that little comment from Mandy, everyone started joking and laughing again. All of them were eating their dinner and laughing amongst themselves, creating the ruckus they were beginning to be known for. All of them were having too much fun to even realize what was happening around them.

“Hello again. I thought I’d find the two of you here,” said a familiar voice. Hyun Joong and I turned around to see that Daniel and his mother were standing behind Us.
“Oh hello! How are you?” Hyun Joong said standing up as he gave Daniel’s mother a little bow. All of the others around the table seemed to be confused to what was going on, so i explained what happened that afternoon and how we knew these people.

 

“Well, I’m sorry to interrupt your dinner. You seem to be enjoying yourselves,” Daniel’s mother remarked.
“Oh that’s quite all right. Here, take a seat,” I gestured for Daniel and his mother to pull up a chair and join us.
“Oh that’s okay. I won’t be too long. Besides, Daniel’s father is getting our table,” she refused, but Daniel had already taken the offer and climbed into my lap, making my heart race. I was surprised by Daniel’s actions and just looked at Hyun Joong with a smile on my face. Hyun Joong looked back at me with the same gleams in his eyes that he had earlier that day.

 

 “Yes, well I just thought I’d come over and thank you once again. I also came to confess something. It’s really quite embarrassing for me, but I realized afterwards that You are………. Our Top star “ KIM HYUN JOONG!!!! Wow!!! It’s really my honor to see all you 5 guys together”  . Actually that was quite stupid of me, I mean can you imagine ever that anyone don’t recognize you? Especially after perceiving the big news of saving that girl’s life… and now my son, you’re truly an angel!” Daniel’s mother spoke as she blushed when she looked at Hyun Joong and us. Me and Hyun Joong looked at each other and just smiled.


“Oh, don’t worry. That’s happened to me quite recently. Don’t feel bad. Well I’m Nadia by the way… And I guess you are talking about me!!!!...But… how did you know… about that matter? ”
 

Oh!!! Really!! I just can’t believe this! What a surprise! , Are you that famous  girl…??  SO LOVELY! …! But why are you looking so surprise!!!! …Heh…EVERYBODY knows about it! Actually this news has became the hottest topic of all the predicate medias and it’s now broadcasted to all over word!, everyone talk about Hyun Joon’s modest and positive attitude!! , to tell you the truth…. I had no idea at first but now that I see myself, he is truly a big-hearted  young man. She said while smiling at us, (OMG! WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT?? Everybody knows about it!!! This is so embarrassing... it means that I was the last one who learnt about this ??) I couldn’t say anything I just watch Daniel’s mom and Hyun Joong open mouthed ! _ Hyun Joong nod his head to her in sign of 'don’t mention it' and then smiled.

 

Now…that I’m looking the tow of you, it makes me really believe in karma !  karma? ” I asked with surprise “ yes dear, Karma! The idea that what you give is what you get returned! “ ….and an individual’s actions determine his fate in each successive existence” Hyun Joong added smartly! “wow!!!, that’s so sweet, i didn’t know that” I said while looking at Hyun Joong with love and proud.

 

“Well… thank you Nadia and thank you Hyun Joong. You two did a great job by rescuing my son….I will say thank you a million times if I must. Anyway, my name is “Han Ji Sook, but I’d prefer you call me Ji Sook. Well, anyway, I just wanted to come and return something,” she said as she took two wrapped up boxes out of a bag and gave one to me and one to Hyun Joong. We were both confused and didn’t know what was happening. We opened the box and just giggled to ourselves when we realized what was in them.

 

“Thank you very much, it’s gorgeous,” I thanked Mrs. Han as i pulled a beautiful scarf out of the box and tickled Daniel’s nose with the end of it. “You really didn’t have to do this.”
“Yes, thank you. It’s brilliant,” Hyun Joong exclaimed as he pulled his scarf out.
“Well, when the doctor checked Daniel, he removed the two scarves. One was covered in blood and the other wasn’t too bad. I figured they were yours and I thought I would return them- replace rather. I hope you like them, it’s not much but it’s the least I could do.”


“Oh I love it. Thank you!” I exclaimed.
“I picked them out myself,” Daniel spoke as he looked up at me with sparkling eyes.
“Ahhh! That’s why they’re so cool! You know what? The next time I go shopping-which I LOVE doing; I’m taking you with me. You can pick out my whole wardrobe for me, okay? Is that a deal?” I said to Daniel in a cheerful voice.
“It’s a deal!” Daniel exclaimed as he went to shake hands with Hyun Joong. Just then we noticed the cast on his hand.


“So I see your hand is hidden under a cast eh?” Hyun Joong said to Daniel in a casual tone. “Are you feeling better now though?” he asked as he gave him a little hug.
“Yeah, I feel better. It doesn’t hurt that much. I didn’t even cry when the doctor wrapped the cast around my hand. I was brave!”

 

“Yes, that’s true. He was such a brave boy. I think I cried more than he did all day,” Mrs. Han said with a giggle. “The doctor came and he cleaned up the wound in his palm so it wouldn’t get infected. He also checked Daniel’s ankle and said that it’s just twisted a little. He put two splints and immobilized it. He said Daniel should recover in no time. I’m just thankful you brought him back because it could have been worse.” “You’re very welcome,” Hyun Joong replied to Mrs. Han as he gave Daniel a ‘thumbs up’ “Do you…um...want to maybe…Sign…my cast?” Daniel asked shyly as he looked up at Hyun Joong with hopeful eyes.

 

“I thought you’d never ask!” Hyun Joong said cheerfully. Daniel’s face completely brightened up when he heard Hyun Joong’s response. He grabbed a pen from Daniel’s mom and signed his cast. Daniel then went around the table and got everyone to sign it, including me!. Mrs. Han just looked at her son with admiring eyes as he went around to everyone. Once everyone signed his cast, he returned to his mother and showed her what everyone wrote. They were both so happy, and i nearly cried again.

“Daniel, you’d better keep the cast because you never know how much some of those signatures might be worth some day,” I spoke as i looked at Hyun Joong and gave him a wink.
“I will,” he said timidly.


“Well I guess I’ll let you guys get back to your dinner. Thank you so much once again,” Mrs. Han said.
“I don’t think I’ve ever been thanked this much in a day,” Hyun Joong joked causing me and Daniel to giggle. “Hope to see you again Daniel and Mrs. Han- I...uh…. mean…Mrs. Ji Sook.”
“Yes, I hope we meet again. Until then, take care,” Mrs. Han replied.
“You take care too, and you especially little buddy. And remember our deal,” I said as i leaned forward and gave Daniel a little hug. “See you soon.”
“Bye everyone,” Mrs. Han said as she waved to the whole table just before she and Daniel left. The group just watched the two of them walk off. They could also see that Daniel had a little limp when he walked, but they also knew that he would be fine.

After Mrs. Han and Daniel left, the group continued on with their laughter. They all got along pretty well and just laughed at anything. Finally Mandy spoke up.
“Would you please excuse me? I’ve got to visit the lady’s room. Anyone else gotta go?”
“I don’t have to go but I’ll come,” I offered as i got out of my seat. It was that girl thing where girls never went to the washroom alone.

 

“Yeah, I’ll come too!” Young Saeng exclaimed at the thought of going inside the ladies’ washroom.
“Nice try, Young Saeng, but no. But when you get a change, then maybe,” I replied quick-wittedly. This surprised everyone, especially Heo Young Saeng.
“Oh that hurt, Na. I never knew you had that in you,” Young Saeng replied pretending to be hurt.


“What can I say? I’m unpredictable,” I responded as i gave him an apologetic hug. That surprised Young Saeng as well. He pointed to himself and looked at Hyun Joong with a big grin on his face trying to annoy him. Obviously Hyun Joong kept calm even though he probably felt like beating Young Saeng with a baseball bat.

“Okay, c’mon then. I wanna get back before my chocolate mousse cake gets here.” Mandy said and With that, we left for the washroom.

“Aren’t you glad i dragged you out here?” Mandy asked me while we were in the washroom.
“Yes, thank you so much,” I replied in an ecstatic tone. “I’m having a great weekend now.”
“Oh really? So what are the Details sista’?!” Mandy squealed as she walked out of the stall and headed for the sink where I was standing.
“Oh my God! Where do I begin? Hyun Joong is just…oh bless him!”
“I take it you two , …well… you know what I mean,” Mandy suggested.


“Oh !!!!  I just can say that No word in the dictionary can describe my feelings for him! He is…he’s just what I need right now and forever. He makes me feel different and he said I make him feel different. I know I just met him, but that’s the strange part. We feel like we’ve known each other forever. Thank you Mandy for telling me to get out there and meet new people. I probably would have kicked myself later if it weren’t for you.” Mandy looked at me with concerned look. She was thinking that I was moving a bit too fast and had no idea what i was talking about, but she didn’t want to break it to me.
“Well I’m glad he makes you happy,” she said, trying to hide her concern.

“Yes, he does make me happy,” I replied in a daze. “That’s good to hear. Finally…Na, won’t be moping around now! I thought I was gonna have to smack some happiness into you if Hyun Joong didn’t show up,” Mandy said teasingly.


“Speaking of smacking, where did you learn to smack like that? You almost made Jung Min cough up his lung! It was hilarious!” I blurted as i remembered what my friend did earlier that evening.
“I dunno. I guess it’s a gift,” Mandy said as she shrugged modestly.
“I don’t care. Gift or no gift, you gotta teach me!” I joked.
“Sure thing Na. But how ‘bout we get back now? I don’t want Jung Min to eat my cake, and we don’t wanna keep your lover boy waiting, now do we?” Mandy teased me causing me to go red.


“I dunno what I would do without you! Thank you so much!” I said and giggled.
“Well you definitely wouldn’t have met Hyunie that’s for sure!” teased Mandy as she gave me a wink.
“I sense a hug coming up!” Mandy laughed as we did exactly what i predicted. After we had our little moment, we headed back to the group.