Chapter 8

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

MANDY’S POINT OF VIEW!

Just as Mandy was walking through the lobby, she spotted “Hyun Joong” who was walking in her direction, smiling from ear to ear… "Good Morning Mandy..." greeted Kim Hyun Joong as he finally reached her. He seemed to be so cheerful,
"Hello Hyun Joong, how are you?" replied Mandy, secretly hoping that he wouldn't ask about me.

 

"I'm grand! Can't wait to go outside. You look like you're up for a good day of skiing?! Um ... where’s Na?" he questioned looking concerned that i wasn't with her. Just then Mandy became nervous, "Oh, uh ... Na ... she ... um ... she..." she started to answer the question but found herself fumbling over the right words. (What should I do ? Tell him that Na is sick, or that she just doesn’t want to see him'?) "She's sick and won't be able to go skiing!" suddenly blurted out. This comment made her so distressed… she just wanted to kill me if she could, she then quickly shuts up, and looked away from Hyun Joong.


"You can't be serious? Is she all right? what’s matter with her again? She was fine until last ... night," he asked curiously and with a worried tone. However, his voiced seemed to be a whisper when he came to the words 'last night'. He actually had a little smile when he said those words; his eyes also sparkled, and the Mandy didn't have to wonder what he was thinking about when he said them.
 

Just as he was hoping to receive a satisfying answer from Mandy, “Heo Young Saeng” and “Park Jung Min” came up from behind and interrupted the conversation,
"Well hello…!!! Lovely morning isn't it?" addressed Young Saeng as he stood on one side of Hyun Joong.


“Hey ya Mandy! How are you?" exclaimed Jung Min as he saw her and stood on the other side of Hyun Joong. Mandy immediately turned her head to face Jung Min when she heard his voice and gleamed with joy to see him. Actually, she was just happy that he had diverted the attention onto him.

 

"Well hello to you too Park Jung Min! It's good to see you noticed us as well!" reacted Hyun Joong teasingly. However, he didn't really care about the presence of Jung Min at all. He just wanted to find out more about my illness.
"Yeah, so back to Na ... Is she all right?" he asked with the obvious concerned shakiness in his voice.


“Umm...yes...I mean no ...I mean...Nadia is-" started Mandy, but was once again interrupted by another greeting. This time it was Kim Hyung Jun. "Hello! Hello! Hello Everyone! So what’s the Matter? Why’s everyone standin' around when there’s slopes to be skied on?"

 

"Hello, Kim Hyung Jun. You're looking lovely as ever," teased Jung Min in a feminine voice. "Why not the new hair-do today? Run out of elastic bands, for your hair? I'm sure this gorgeous lady could lend you one of hers!" "Ha ha ha! Very funny Jung Min!" shot back Hyung Jun as he threw a play punch at Jung Min. "As I was saying ... Why's everyone standing around?"

 

"I dunno know about you people, but I'd like to find out what exactly is the matter with Na!," answered Hyun Joong, who was now getting frustrated with the interruptions, and his tone said it all. Just then he looked towards Mandy again to let her finish what she was saying-

 

"Oh! Yeah! Um... Na ... she...er… she's sick just as i said," finally Mandy gave up her morals and what she had said earlier to me, and lied to Hyun Joong. In fact she didn't want to tell him that i was sick , she wanted to tell him the truth… and It was all because of his eyes His shining brown, puppy dog eyes. She didn’t want to let him down.

 

But she just did it for the sake of me "Yeah, Nadia I think has something contagious. I think it's the flu or something even worse. I'm not too sure," she finished off her words receiving looks of surprise from others.

 

"Oh, I see. The flu? Well Maybe I should go and see if she's all right. I mean stick around and-" "NO! You can't! I mean ... we wouldn’t want you catching the flu as well. Yeah... I mean, you have to sing and you can't let all of your fans down, right?" refused Mandy as she tried to make an excuse for Hyun Joong to not see me.


"Well. first of all... I’m on vacation, which means no singing for the weekend, unless I want to. Secondly, I don’t mind what other people may say! And thirdly, I can't let her stay alone in her room all day when she's in the condition you tell me she's in. I wouldn’t even enjoy my day of skiing,"

 

“Um…You know Hyun, I know how you feel but… I’m here to enjoy a whole day of skiing! cut in “Hyung Jun” "You mean enjoy a whole day of falling on your face every 5 seconds, Shut up Hyung Jun! This is no joke! A poor girl is sick in her room and all you seem to care about is having fun," shot back Hyun Joong.

 

(OMG~~~Hyun Joong and Na have something special in common that they can add to their ‘Things In Common’ list. they both are very touchy when it came to serious matters… “Hyun Joog” seemed to be a caring person …He is such a gentleman. He is insisting on giving up his day of skiing just so he can take care of Na !. God! Nadia can be such a baby! ) Mandy realized While observing all of this.


“Okay, you know what? I don’t feel like skiing anymore. I’m just gonna head back to my room, and hang out with “Kim Kyu Jong” or something,” he said with frustration for not getting a proper response from anyone.

 

“Um, I just saw Kyu Jong heading over this way, Hyun Joong!” Jung Min informed.
“Well, I’ll just go read or something. Goodbye everyone. Have fun skiing,” he said as he walked off in the direction to his room.

MEANWHILE BACK IN MY ROOM ,

I had climbed back into bed with the thoughts of what i had done and how i might seem like a fool to “Kim Hyun Joong” i also thought about how the truth could hurt, but how lying could hurt even more. I was confused and didn’t know exactly what to do when and if I saw Him. I was beginning to realize my childish behaviour and how stupid i was acting. As the thoughts circled my head, i could no longer hold back the tears, so i let them all out, by crying into my pillow. Just as i was about to drift off to sleep from crying my eyes out, i heard a soft knock at the door.

 

“It’s open, come in,” i said my back facing the door.
“Hey, how you feeling?” Hyun Joong whispered as he entered the room carrying a tray with a bowl of soup and a one-stemmed rose in a vase. ( OMG! It’s him…but what brings him here? )

He then headed to my bed and sat down next to me placing the tray on the bed as well. He obviously didn’t listen to Mandy in the lobby. As he was heading back to his room, he, at the spur of the moment, turned around and headed to check up on me.


“Hyun Joong! W-w-what are you doing here?” I said as i saw who my visitor was.
“Well, I’m not really hungry for some chicken noodle soup. As a matter of fact, I hate it!” he laughed.


“That’s nice of you, but I’m really sick, and I might give you the bug. You’d better leave immediately,” i sat up straight and wiped away my tears hoping that he wouldn’t notice that i had been crying. The only reason i wanted him to leave was so that he couldn’t see that i was crying.


“I’m not going anywhere, you can’t get rid of me that easily. Plus, I’d rather get sick too, than have the thought of you being all alone in your room with your illness. Besides, you seem to be feeling better already,” he remarked as he placed his hand on my forehead. (Oooooooh! My Gosh…WHAT IS HE DOING!!!) Right after he said this, I started to think about how i had treated him and how he was treating me in the complete opposite way. It was i had finally my brain. The time i spent by myself sure did me some good.


“Ooh Hyun Joong, that’s so sweet. You would do all of this for me even after the way I’ve treated you?” i said as tears started to stream down my face once again. This time i didn’t wipe them away; i didn’t care if he saw my crying. i just wanted to let it all out.


“Are you crying? Hey, c’mon ! I can’t stand to see people wasting their time on tears, don’t you think that you should be happy instead…well… after all you are seeing… KIM HYUN JOONG the hallyu star!!!! ” he replied jokingly as he slowly wiped my tears away with his fingers. ( OH MY!!!! I was going to faint…!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )


“But why? I said with the trembling voice!

“Um, what are you talking about, Nadia?- Actually, I think I should leave. You don’t need all of this when you’re ill. Here, I’ll just leave your soup for you on this table and you can eat it whenever you feel like it, all right?” he said as he headed for the door.

 

“No! Wait…! I have a confession to make ,” I pleaded. He thought for a minute what he was to do, and then hesitantly came and sat down next to me again. “ well…first of all,  why do you acting like this…? what have I done to deserve this? you know, I’m a naive person…Sooo…so when you act like this I may think…” you’re confusing me.

“Na, what are you trying to say?” he asked while trying to hide the truth, which he already knew. “ oh… you’ll probably hate me forever, but I have to make myself clear.”
“Na, what-”
“No…please listen, I want to tell you that…I’m not really sick,”

“Na, -”
“No Kim Hyun Joong, let me finish. I know you’re probably thinking that I’m a stuck up snob who doesn’t care about anyone’s feelings other than my own. But it’s nothing like that, actually I don’t want to lead you on…, however I definitely don’t want to hurt my feelings by regretting of not telling you this later on, I know that i’m just an ordinary girl  who may seem like a crazy simple fan to you but………I-”

 

Suddenly my babbling was cut off by Kim Hyun Joong’s lips pressing against mine. It was so blunt how he just leaned forward and silenced me. The kiss caught me by surprise and felt like it lasted for eternity even though it probably only lasted for a few seconds. Just as he felt that i was caught up in the moment, he slowly pulled away.“Wow!” i slowly said as i found myself melting in his HOT igneous eyes. Other than that, i was speechless_______
“Is that it? Is that the big confession you had to make?

 

I just looked back at him faintly, and then the tears started once again. “Umm…are you mad at me?” I whispered searching his face for an answer” “HEY!, couldn’t you tell by that kiss? I can’t hate you, nor can I hate anyone!”, after hearing those words from him tears rained down my cheeks, However, this time, they weren’t tears of confusion or guilt, they were tears of happiness.

“Please……. don’t start again” he said as he pulled away slowly and embraced me in a warm hug. (All I knew was… it was be a splendid dream, a miracle and the best moment of my life)

“Well, what should we do next?”
“Well, we could join the others.”
“Or we could stay here…what do you think?”
“I like my idea better, but mind you I’m not the world’s greatest skier. I’ll be falling on my bum every five seconds.”
“Nonsense! You’re not the world’s worst skier, that’s my job!” he laughed. “But look on the bright side, since I’m going to help you on that!!! “Well, I guess I should change,” i said throwing the covers off and headed towards the bathroom.“Where should I meet you?”
“The lounge is fine. I’ll be waiting.”

 

*************************************************

Ok,How was the story so far, my dear friends?? I hope you like it, please guide and inspire me with your comments and ideas… anyway I’m not home for a few days but I promise to update as soon as I return, love you all ~

Author:Beloved Harmony.