Chapter 3

IF IT'S MEANT TO BE, IT WILL BE

I was ready to be discharged. Mandy was gazing around the hospital’s room, trying to see if I had left anything. My small bag was packed back up and we went to the Doctor’s office to ask about my savior, but sadly we couldn’t find the Dr. there! So desperately we just waited for the taxi to arrive. " 10 minutes later " as we stood up outside the hospital the taxi arrived...we got in and went back to our hotel… ( I couldn’t think of anything else but that strange man…!!!)

 

After an hour, since I was so disturbed, we decided to go to the hotel’s coffee shop and buy a cup of coffee… , when we wanted to went back to our room by passing the reception desk just checked  to see what was on that evening. then we found out that there was a Karaoke and Talent show down at the local club called the “ARTMATIC “at 8.30 pm…

 

We got ready and headed down to the ARTMATIC . We got there at 8.15 pm and I decided to sing KIM HYUN JOONG’S  song “One more time”. The winner of this talent show would win a prize but no one knew what it would be, Mandy did not sing but she was there to listen to me. It was 9.30 pm and The judges called me up, Mandy wished me luck and up I went .
 

I started to sing and everyone was watching me and singing along with me. I had to believe that I could do it. Every one sang the chorus starting with the lines…
When I finished everyone clapped and cheered I went back to my seat and heard everyone else. The time came to the end.

The Judge stood up and said "unfortunately we cannot make up our minds so if you come up and tell us your address if you stay here or the hotel you are staying at if you are here on holiday we will send the details of this prize to you by a piece of paper. So we got back, went to our bed and slept like a log…

The next morning we got up got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast "
We then went off down to reception hoping that I had won the talent show. When I got downstairs I went straight to the reception desk and I received a letter, when I opened it I could hardly believe it; it was from the ARTMATIC and it said that I had to be there by 6.00pm to find out what I had won and it said I could bring a friend along as well.

we had a great day trying to think what the prize was that we had won. At 4.30 pm we got ready to go to the ARTMATIC. We left at half past six and got there at quarter to six so we only had to wait a quarter of an hour till we were going to find out what I had won…

 

At 6 Oclock I went up to the front desk to find out what I had won. The prize I had won was to spend a week in “Snow valley Resort”. I could not believe that I had won to spend a week in Japan at such a glorious place and I could also bring a friend along with me!!!. People would do anything to be there even just for a day!, so I was so excited over wining such lovely prize…but in my heart I still felt a deep pain…like I was lost a part of me!  It was 10pm and only 12 hours away till we go to that luxurious place...

 

Next day Mandy and I woke up bright and early at 6 oclock. It took us half an hour to get ready and went downstairs for breakfast." After breakfast we went back upstairs to get ready. It was 8 am when we arrived at the airport and at 10 am we got on board, finally after our safe flight, we headed outside the airport and waited for our special van… and when it arrived it was almost 1 pm…

"Put on some tunes!" insisted Mandy as she reached towards the radio from the back seat of the car. We were on our way to the ski lodge for a "Girl’s holiday”, as Mandy would like to call it.
"Sit down miss! What are you trying to do? Get me a police ticket two days before my promotion?" shrieked the driver while driving the car. Mandy was extremely excited about the trip. Well, I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car just glared out of the window and said nothing during the conversations. I had been depressed for the last few days, since I saw that gentleman!, I couldn’t stop thinking about him…!

 

"I can't believe you Nadia, are you still sad over him! We know better than anyone else that it’s impossible to see celebrities like him in the public places!!! (But...I just wanted to cry…and The only reason why I came was for entertaining myself in order to heal my pain.) May be You’re right…but I think our holiday is gonna be ruined because of me," I said to Mandy, as I turned in my seat to face her who were sitting in the back.


"Oh don't say that Na. Let’s just get over him ! yeah…I… know…!!  He was a true gentleman and a kind hearted person !, But he wasn’t Kim Hyun Joong. Actually he was even cuter than him …you know, he was so charming that I loved to hug him so tight…. if I could..." said Mandy, as she curled her hands around the back of my seat.

"Hey! Do you guys mind? I'd like to get to the lodge alive, and I'd like to make it to my promotion party,” uttered the driver followed by a laugh…
"Could you PLEASE turn on the radio? I am boring the skin off of me here!" whined Mandy from behind. "Put it on some good radio station. Not some station that plays the same song four times in one hour."

With that, the driver turned the radio on. he kept tuning the stations because they all played the same old songs. Finally he came to a station that was playing a song we had NEVER heard before.
"Mr.. Please Leave that song for a bit. It's pretty good," Mandy said while swaying her head to the sound and keeping her eyes on the road…

Let me sing you a love song
About what I feel in my heart;

Butterflies can't find nectar
Whenever we're apart.

You're a flower in bloom.
In the dark, in the gloom,

It's you who brightens my day.
How many ways do I need you?

Every day, every way, come what may…

Half way into that song, my eyes filled up with tears. I wasn't going to cry, and make a fool of myself. However, I couldn’t… (as I heard Hyun Joong’s voice in that touching song) so I burst into tears. When the song was over,

“Sorry Mr!  but can you please turn that off!” Mandy asked as she saw me…
"No, No. It's okay. let’s just listen to it. You know how emotional I can get," I confessed as wiped the tears from my eyes and tried to calm myself…

"And that my fellow listeners, was  “ A LOVE SONG ”  by the prince of smiles… and the korean’s top sensation... KIM HYUN JOONG!" announced the DJ in an enthusiastic tone.


"Kim Hyun Joong? What was the DJ said? Hyun Joong? That’s so weird... I have never heard that song before!!! Oh..he is extremely popular and unreachable !..." sighed Mandy.

 

"Shh Shh! Listen, there's more!"I directed as I turned up the volume to hear what the DJ had to say after I’d calmed down.
"Now all you lucky listeners who are hitting the slopes this weekend... Watch out for 5 hot guys, because as it sounds, SS501’s members are once again together on a rare vacation skiing the mountains! YES! That's right! The 5 brothers, Skiing!!!! Isn't that an odd picture? So keep your cameras ready, because who knows, there might be a pop sensation at your lodge!" exclaimed the DJ over the radio.

 

DID YOU HEAR IT NADIA?!!!"Yeah right! Like that’s ever gonna happen! Can you actually imagine the luck you would need for that? Anyway, even IF they were at the lodge, I wouldn't really go ballistic! I mean they are just normal people in an abnormal business. That's all. They are human and all," boasted Mandy with a wide grin on her face. I looked at her in surprise, for her antithesis words!


With the last comment from her, we arrived to the resort where we would be spending our skiing weekend, without knowing what was ahead of ours!