Trapped?

Dream-World is a Sleep

[2022 Seoul, South Korea]

 

The complexion of Seoul had grown a lot. Human interaction was less likely having the real physical touched, and they grew inside daily with technology resourcefully. They walked around with the music earplugs in their ears, whatnot, they always had some broad, most wildly elite phone on their hands to keep them off eyes-contact. Human's interaction seemed less likely involving, communication used via through phones almost 100% that wrongly it leaded feelings isolated for most of part of society.

 

That was how I saw the world today.

 

The scientific over here was getting advances, extreme solid on keeping out contaminate and foreign reagents cultured from the country. Over the population of Earth was little overload, and they had to invent space ship, called as Seoul Thousand Speed, or STS. They transferred the richest people out of space, having fun out there.

 

I laughed hard inside at their stupidity decision, judging much, “space is no fun. Earth, and the Mother Nature will always the part of where I born.”

 

Yet, it did not get up to the futuristic like the scientific movies have. This was just the beginning of it.

 

I stood at the busy street, snuggling the hand inside my PINK sweatpants pocket. The cold snow shred the road, white than ever. The wind whipped my hair to a side, looking out for the bus coming.

 

At this kind of age, ah I forgot, I marked as 21 this the end of year. I worked for the specialist laboratory where everything taken to see the sample, I never liked interaction with humans. Just facing the microscopic, it quite fitted to my personality the best. I didn’t have to dress up much for it, the lab coat was the basically my outfit everyday.

 

At last, I arrived. I was anxiously getting the new sample today, I got the culture that was the broth, it must the new discovery just happen to re-culture, creating more organizations. Those little microbes multiplied in madness, in one minute, it grew in million.

 

Aliee, my Lee Yejin unnie, tapped my back, still searching for its spot growing, “Amber, any news today?” I shook my head, but then I appreciated her caring tone, “No, unnie, what do you expect me to have? Ain’t you supposed to know about my daily activity by now?”

 

We were both licensed to observe the most important microbe for Kberism Corporation, that INC. allowed our laboratory to culturize microbe and regenerate them. Then, it would be useful for some sources. For further information, we were not to be told. She was the closest person I worked with, not just at work, but I could say that I relied on as well, she hoped, “well, I always hope something for you, Amber.”

 

“That’s why I only love you, unnie.” She just smiled, carefully grabbing the two tubes to transfer the cultures she had in hand by using the sterilizing stick. She screwed the tubes, depositing to the tray on my desk and left the work to me.

 

I kept adjusting the scroll for a better magnification on microscope, and then finally found it, “boo ya!”

 

She knew my escaping victory on finding the new culture on the slide; she never had patience for this. This was why we worked together. She applauded and had this kind of hovering clap that even fitted better for the mood during at work.

 

She drove us to different building to regenerate the DNA segments from new microbe we found, about every time we finished the work. We talked to each other’s just casually, between our relationships had no hard feelings. Sometimes, we invited each other to apartment. She, Aliee unnie, was only my company that I wanted to have a guide on.

 

My emotion ed up sometimes, even I thought I have my dream world without socializing life while I was awake would work out great, I caught up with that little…

 

“What’s on your mind?” she wondered.

 

Cutting off my thought, it caught me off guard, she waved a hand in the air, “it’s—nothing.”

 

“Don’t lie.”

 

Busted. I, then again, caught up with the whiff of being a liar for hiding something personal, at last I admitted, “I met this girl in my dream.”

 

“Is that all?”

 

“No.”

 

When that faithful eye looking girl came to my dream-world, every images were just a blur. My dream-world didn’t look like it stands alone, there was others surrounding that my potential wouldn’t get hand on yet. A hostile? I said like I just felt it right there, like a little , “she said something to me with serious concern.”

 

Aliee’s expression brightened, “does it mean anything serious?”

 

“—that I’m trapped.”

 

*

 

Aliee burst into tear, laughing hard at me. She broke the whole tangent of that intensify, scoffing it off, “Amber, what could even mean that you’re trapped?”

 

“How do I even know?” I questioned back. Her perplex facial compressed hard, showing it was out of no where that I attacked her back, Aliee never taken any serious, neither I do. Why did I take this thing little hard on myself?

 

Aliee analyzed, “interesting.”

 

I agreed, “should I be interested as well??”

 

She drove the hover so fast, the door swung up openly. A squish door automatically brought up, I flipped out the seat quickly. The trunk car slide out the metallic container that had sample we tested.

 

 Aliee tossed me the key before I headed inside the building. “Yo, Amber. Take care of it well, place it in safety place.” I saluted her, like a soldier to a commander. I saw her playfully smirk at me, and then she hopped back and drove off.

 

I huffed in the air to take all the encouragement before the action was ready, “here we go, Amber. This is more than entering the Hitler’s dungeon.” I supposed to get used to doing this task by now, but goddamn, the Kberism INC. must had to build this maze, I had trouble getting out so many times.

 

Entering the heaviest metal double door, they slid out when I scanned her permission card to activate the system. It shut behind me, killing me every time. I had goddamn sensitive heart, I tell you. I never understood nor received an explanation about this part of my job, taking care of setting this sample to the center of the maze.

 

Every time I could almost die getting in and getting out. I challenged myself to accept this facing, and to save my spot of the career. Every time, I almost left my heart here, I learned how to run fast, and memorized the routes of it. No matters what, I needed to make a way out again.

 

The step I walked was getting heavier than before, the HP gained from running experience. I peeped my eye-contacts, it scanned the night. The green lasers detected the way for me to see. The destination just started.

Carefully on my way to the middle of this maze building, I thanked God that guided me to make it safety.

 

Click.

 

The lights all , allowing myself to run out of this as soon as I heard the click. It started to rumble, the edge of the wall reformed again. I cursed myself. I ran out of the way, making through the pendulum that’s swinging.

 

I saw a shadow for the first time, my time of getting out of here was elapsing. I cannot waist the precious time, 15 minutes left remained. I needed to gain more HP.

 

But that… shadow…

 

The red code alerted loudly. My eye-contact peeped as well, I had to run back to check. “, Amber. Why did you even do this to yourself? You want to die?”

 

I tapped my arm-wrist cellphone, “Ailee, pick uppp. I need your help, please!” everything was collapse, crumbled into piece.

 

The huge brick from above fallen off out of no where, I dodged as I rolled into another route to escape. Not again.

 

I waited, “Aliee! GIVE ME DIRECTION.” This was the first time I used my wish for assistant in emergency. One out. I cursed myself, “.” I breathe in heavily, huffed in and out. Dust floated in air visibly.

 

“Amber, make your way out by running straight ahead as fast as possible.” Aliee finally had signal over, reporting. I pressed my whole back against the wall, avoiding the fallen brick stones, and the wall maze was changing. “Run over the bridge now!” Aliee screamed.

 

I ran like I never ran before. I made out the basement of the maze, faintly breathe held up. Ignoring my injuries, I checked my HP and XP, leveled up.

 

My profile typed up slowly as I checked on.

 

Profile of Kberism INC.

Name ID: Amber Liu

Age: 21
Status: Specialist A
HP/XP: Excellent
Level: 4
Detection: Limited

 

I groaned, dragging myself out of this.

 

Aliee congratulated me, cheering, “Éclat, Amber!” Our victory code word marked.

 

The exit door swiftly opened, waiting for me to take a way out.

 

Departing from the arranged maze behind, my heart sunk all-sudden. I looked back, I chose to do so. I saw a figure walking toward me, slowly. The high heel gorged down the floor, a cat-walk. Using squinted eyes, I barely could see a face.

 

“Who is this…” I asked under my breathe, begging and hoping that this anonymous leave me alone for my mortality sake.

 

Long dark hair, silky and smooth, mild milky skin tone, black protected outfit. She had her face cover. I scanned through her eyes for a sign, at least. My brain just shot stimulus and stunned my back of the head.

 

“—wait. That faithful eye-ing…” I recognized, eyed-widen. Did she know? I wanted to cry from fearing. I wanted Aliee here with me.

 

Seeking for that pair of eyes had been watched after, I could feel this heart inside me alive again for a long time, ‘till now where I concluded it exists. I kept my eyes on her, “you’re trapped, Amber Liu” what was she doing, why… this…tone…this voice… why…do I feel.

 

Sparked right in, I desired to know. I cried as my frustration begged, requesting her to answer, “please—who..ho are you?!”

 

Am I really trapped?

 

Beside motherly love, I’ve been recluse, hiding and running away from the world as I thought it was the best. Was there really different kind of love still exists? Before I could say anything further more, my vision out.

~*~*~*~*~*~

TO BE CONTINUE

 

NOTE:

Yes, yes. First chapter is just introduction.

Original thought is taken on a process ^o^  Coming chapter is [PENDING...]

I'll update soon!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORTS!

GO KRYBER <3