Step up or back up

Dream-World is a Sleep

 

Soo Jung

This guy seriously had no idea what I was aiming for. What century was this? I forgot.

 

He questioned on every move I made, sometimes things I do didn’t need an explanation. I felt like I just wanted to get to know about him more. I was already curious about him. Oh god, he utterly looked cute with that pony tail tight from the back, having the blue stripe tie neatly. He seemed to wander alone in this kind of party.

 

“Your name, ahjusshi.” I attacked with no gut as I thought to myself, what will I have to lose?

 

He dazed off again, it happened twice already since we started to pick up the conversation. He apologized, finally starting play along. “I’m sorry. I am Liu. Nice to meet you there, miss.”

 

He held out a hand to offer a handshake, crunching down politely and his supporting hand was await for my response. I kindly placed my hand on his palm. I smiled at his move, adding more details, introducing myself actually. “I am Jung Soo Jung, the daughter of the header of Krysooyun INC.”

 

By the time, he held on my hand, electricity transferred through my nerves, giving the anxiousness. I focused on the lips of his, like a peach pumps color.

 

He looked a little bit shock, “ah, it’s really a pleasure to meet someone like you there.”

 

“You don’t have to act surprised.”

 

He gave me a gentle smile again. He acted like dumbfounded a second before, and now his behavior changed just in 360 degree. He questioned me back, “did you ask for a dance?”

 

What was his deal? I ignored that, accepting that I won on making first move and got something out of it. “May I hold on to your hand?” he said.

 

Allowing him grips my hand gently, he directed the way out to the center, I took a deep breath and replied, “yes.”

 

Amber Liu

.

 

I cursed under my breathe before I stepped into the dancing floor. My heart thumped harder than the usual heart rate that just recorded from a minute ago. This girl, though, smelled wonderful. No, I meant, of course, I wouldn’t use smell as the word to describe. Her fragment she carried on her lingered through my nostril, it softened somewhat to my senses.

 

The sense I got to feel was heavier, heartbeat got heavier, too.

 

My hand was on hers and the another was placed at her tender waist. The movement we synced together was very corresponding.

 

“Soo Jung, right?” I whispered into her left ear, hugging her closer to me. It made me feel.

 

She formed a smile before answering, “Um.”

 

“I think I’m already attracted to you, Soo Jung.” What I just confessed made her stop having another steps on the dancing floor. She was frozen. It was time for me to wake up from the dream-world.

 

We stared. No words have spoken. The background seemed to froze in surrounding to us. Is this the right time? She didn’t response back as she pecked on my cheek. It was some sort of a lethal death kiss to me, for some goddamn reasons.

 

My heart calmed down and consumed every impulse back. I collected myself and recalled back to duty, “of course, I am just a specialist who works at a Kberism INC that is not large enough to compare to your INC. I apologized for step-up a bit.”

 

I retreated my move and felt defeated. No, no, Amber. Don’t do that, don’t lower yourself too much. My back of the head reminded me. My own voice, the reminder, advised me when it detected that my self-esteem was lowering down. It told me to do something about it.