Us, the present

Dream-World is a Sleep

Amber Liu

We rushed through the door as I struggled to turn the doorknob. Her arms wrapped around me, and her kisses brushed against mine. This was actually happening right now in the reality.

 

It was frightened me to the point where I did not know how to express myself to her at all. The first sight, I caught up on her. The first time I saw her at where she was standing next to her brother, I already wanted something. Something inside of me told me to seek.

 

But what did I want to seek in her? Her love? Her attention? I did not know the answer to it yet. All I knew at first time I gave my attention to her was just her. Only her.

 

“Soo Jung…” I realized I was laying next to her in bed. She was inside my arm. She didn’t response to me at all. I told myself that I should enjoy the moment with her.

 

How would this reality reward me like this? I started to wonder as my thoughts ran through those brainwaves again. It was forming memories between Soo Jung and I. This little single moment of what we have done was saving into my computer chip.

 

“What are you thinking?” Soo Jung looked up at me, her arm just hugged over my top flat chest. She gave me peck at the cheek. 

 

I formed a quite happiest smile like how I never had, I took a deep breath in, and finally replied under my breathe, “I honestly am frightened right now.”

 

“About what?”

 

“…is this your first time?” I tested her, although I knew it was not her first time.

 

Soo Jung asked back instead, “how comfort are you around me now?” I was completely stuck at her question.

 

“I enjoy being around with you now.”

 

“Just being around for now?” Her voice was low.

 

“For now.” I simply shot back. I rolled over and hugged her tight, my body embedded with hers. This sharing moment between us made me feel. It gave me warmness inside entirely, “would it always last like this?” I whispered.

 

Soo Jung

 

I felt like partially lost in love with this guy.

 

I figured a little bit about Amber Liu. It was not enough details about the identity I digged enough. I asked, “what caused you like this?” he didn’t want to answer, maybe he didn’t want to bring back the past. I stopped questioning before the atmosphere got worse.

 

I told myself, be patient, Soo Jung. Patient and time gives all the answer to you. For the first time of my life, I never wanted someone like this before, I never thought of putting effort into someone that I actually invested my time into. I was already curious about him. I wanted to get to know more about him.

 

Here he was laying in bed with me. This feeling was the first crush. I had to admit.

 

“Your hug is warm. I like it.” It made me feel like back to the vintage time. It was rare to find someone like this in this time. Time had changed human’s behaviors. and drugs were the medicine for people who wanted to wash away the temporary pain, feelings and loneliness.

 

“You do?” he confirmed.

 

“Um.” I humbled as I embraced the time we had together. I just embraced the present for now.

 

NEXT DAY

 

I stayed at home. I was stuck at home with the stack of presents from the party. I kept checking up my phone, and I urged to text Amber. I was gone impatient this time.

 

Oppa yelled from downstairs, “Soo Jung!”

 

“Yes, oppa!”

 

“Come down here.” I grasped in the air to the person that Oppa just brought in.