Moonlight (2yeon)

ONCE upon a time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 would be a one shot about 2yeon based on the little mermaid. Okey, this will be twisted so don't expect the same as the little mermaid.

and it would be great, if you played  Taeyeon's 'If' while reading this. Thank you!

 

Once upon a time 1 : Moonlight

 

She’s standing there, again. With her tan skin and coffee-colored hair and a sad smile as she gaze over the horizon of the sea. Behind a large rock, another woman is staring intensely at her.

As the short hair brunette look over  the rock, The woman hid her head, not wanting to be exposed.

She felt her heart skipping a beat as she put her head up to gaze over the young woman again.

 

“Gorgeous.” The little stalker behind the rock whisphered. Then she looked down to see her tail.

Yes, Her tail. Her fin.

 

Her mermaid fin.

 

This little mermaid is Nayeon. 

Her skin bathe with moonlight as she glances over at the girl again. Her eyes were twinkling as she looks at the girl she's been eyeing on for a long time. The girl would always walk in the beach with her dog, sometimes to walk on the beach or sometimes to just stare at the sunset. But tonight, it was different. The girl's usual smile is gone.

 

She once again looked at her fin. If only she is a human, she can come over to that person's side.

 

The brunette looked at the moonlight. She’s looking at something so beautiful yet she look like as if she’s seeing something else. Tears well up on her rounded eyes as she let out a loud sigh. A little more, she began to sob uncontrollably. She cried as she clenched on her chest.

Nayeon on the other hand, do not understand why her heart is aching on the sound of her crying or why she felt this urge to cry too when she sees her.

 

She doesn’t know what to do but she wanted to lift the pain inside that woman's heart. She breathe in and opened her small lips,


If I were to go, If I were to go close to you
What would you think? Just thinking of this breaks my heart
 

The brunette stopped when she heard a singing voice.

“Who are you?”

 

Nayeon was hesistant but she answered, “Just someone.”

 

“huh? Just someone? Tell me honestly,  what do you want?” the brunette is a bit on guard, despite crying earlier.

 

“Nothing, just wanna sing.” Nayeon said, “Because the moonlights so nice.”

 

The brunett is still a bit alarmed as she stood up and tried to walk over the large rock the mermaid is hiding, “Who are you?”

“NO!” Nayeon shouted, “Don’t come here!”

“Why?”


“I’m…. ugly! I don’t want you to see me!”

 

The brunette let out a laughter as she went back to her place, “Fine. And yeah, the moonlight’s nice.”

 

Nayeon’s heart is beating loudly in her chest. She’s speaking to her! Speaking to the girl she’s been looking at for a long time!

“Yeah… but you don’t seem to find it beautiful though.”

“umm… well, some bad memories were related to it.”

“what kind?”


“well some some.” The brunette brushed it off, “Why don’t you sing again? Your voice sounds very beautiful.”

 

Nayeon giggled, “Okey.”

 

If I were to go, If I were to go close to you
What would you think? Just thinking of this breaks my heart
If you were to leave, if you were to leave my side
How would I ever let you go? I’m always fearful of this

Because I was like a fool, I could only look upon you. Most likely
Because I was afraid of how your heart might change and we might grow farther apart
I was such a fool, not able to tell you I loved you. Most likely
Because I was afraid of the hurt and sadness I would receive after we meet

 

 

 

As the brunette listened to her song, she felt like her broken heart were being fixed one by one. It felt like she was healing her.

 

That night, when the moon if full and round, The brunette sobbed for the last time. After singing, The brunette wanted to walk over to see who has that beautiful voice.

“No.” Nayeon said, panicking. “Don’t!”


“Why?”

 

“Just.” Nayeon answered, “… I don’t even know who you are.”

 

The brunette smiled, “Jeongyeon. My name’s Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 

Nayeon smiled at the beautiful name. it sounds so right as she said it.

 

“So I’m going over to see you.” Jeongyeon ran over the rock.

 

But as she look over, The owner of the beautiful voice is no longer there.

 

 

--

After that night, Nayeon has been in daze. Thinking about that moonlight, the beautiful sounds of the waves, and the certain wind that blew on that enchanting night.

 

And about the enchanting Jeongyeon.

 

She’s in love.

 

And with a human at that.

 

She cried. She knows how hopeless it is.

Nights and days has become so lonely that poor Nayeon become sick eventually. Her sisters were so worried about her health that they asked help with her childhood friend, Jihyo.

 

Unknown to their knowledge, Jihyo is a also a sorceress. Nayeon was so desperate,And being young and in love doesn’t help.

 

She loves her friends, family and the sea.

But she loves Jeongyeon so much, that she wishes to be human.

 

Nayeon doesn't usually act on impulse. Jihyo, seeing how Nayeon wants it so badly, grant her a witch contract.

----

 

“Jinja!” Jeongyeon almost cussed when the black-haired girl dropped a cup again. She came over and apologized to the customers.

 

She grabbed the girl and sigh while looking at her. The girl is not so-tall, she has beautiful wavy hair and milky skin like it wasn’t even exposed to sunlight.

She just glared at her, whatever her name is, and rubbed her head. She honestlty don’t know what to do with her. She’s someone Momo brought with her one night, She said she found her in the beach like a stray. She felt sorry for her so she brought her with her.

But Jeongyeon is not a bit pleased with her.

 

She is forced to hire this girl to her café even how useless and clumsy she is.

 

All because Momo asked her to.

 

She felt  a bit guilty as she looked at the young girl whose eyes a bit teary.

“Fine. I’ll let it off again.” Jeongyeon sigh, “But don’t ever do it again, alright?”

 

The young woman let out a huge bunny smile, making Jeongyeon a bit taken aback. That smile is honestly so adorable that it made her heart skip a beat.

 

After closing the café, Momo bid her goodbye.

 

“Bye Jeongie!” Momo smiled, “And bye bye bunny!” She said waving at the black-haired girl too.

 

They had given a nickname to the black-haired clumsy girl. Momo called her Bunny because of those adorable cute front teeth, and Jeongyeon can't help but agree. Jeongyeon sat in the café as the black-haired is still cleaning the bathroom. She put her head down as she look over the window to see Momo’s back, walking further and further away from the café.


‘She looks so jolly’ Jeongyeon laughed but her laughter disappeared soon, ‘So… she must be meeting Dahyun.’

 

Her heart is shattered by those thoughts. And the sad part is, she knows it is true. Dahyun is Momo’s girlfriend, and guess what?

 

Jeongyeon’s in love with Momo.          

 

For three damn years.

 

Momo has been her highschool friends. They had been with each other throught thick and thin. They dreamt together and even built this café together. But one day, Dahyun just barge in their life. And that’s it, her true love was snatched right before her eyes.

 

She felt her chest sinking again. At times like this, she wanted to hear that beautiful singing again. That one voice that healed her heart on the beach.

 

She felt tears welling up, when she suddenly felt warm hands around her.

 

“Bunny?” She was startled as she look at the cute little being with her hands around her. She felt so warm that Jeongyeon didn’t want to remove those hands.

 

“For you information, I’m not crying so don’t---“  Jeongyeon was cut off as the girls index finger was pushed to her lips.

She looked worried and concered as she hugged her again.

 

Jeongyeon doesn’t like showing her weakness with people, but why does it felt fine crying in these arms?

--

It was funny for Jeongyeon how Bunny is so innocent around the world, and how she would always hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter