She's back

The Devil Beside Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, Sana unnie. Good morning!"

"Morning to you too, Dahyun-ah."

The two girls greet each others with a radiant smile. They look at each other's eyes and both seemed reluctant to break the eye contact that they are currently have.

Mina who stands behind Sana really can't take it anymore. The intense staring battle that the two girls have is kind of sickening for her to witness. She needs to stop it before she gags.

"Ahem!" Mina faked cough and effectively broke SaiDa's eye contact.

"Oh, Mina unnie. I didn't see you." Dahyun innocently said after she heard the loud cough coming from behind Sana.

"Of course you don't. You only have your eyes set on my cousin s-- Ouch!" Mina yelped in pain after she feels a sharp pain on the back of her head because Sana just knock it with her knuckles, causing Dahyun to hardly stiffle her laugh for seeing the cute bicker that these two sisters have in front of her.

"We'll be going first then. See you, Dahyun-ah." Sana said as she waved goodbye to Dahyun with her left hand, while her right hand is busy dragging Mina to walk with her.

"SEE YOU AROUND, UNNIES." Dahyun cheerfully said, half shouted as she look at her two sunbaes' back.

 

 

Mina keep eyeing Sana as the two walk toward their next class. Surely she's not trying to be subtle with the intense gaze that she gives to the latter.

Sana who can feel the intense stare coming from the girl beside her just grunted in annoyance before she turned her head to her left to meet her cousin's curious eyes.

"What? Why you're keep staring at me creepily like that?!" Sana snapped.

"I can see you're getting inseparable with that hoobae who resembled Minyoung unnie." Mina said as she opened the classroom's door and held it open for Sana.

"She's such a fun person to befriended. So why not?" Sana nonchalantly said before she thanked Mina.

"Just be careful, onee-san. Don't let your feeling involved in this whatever kind of friendship you build with this Dahyun girl. She's Kim Dahyun, not Im Minyoung." Mina warned.

*onee-san/chan is what the japanese used to addressed their older sister with*

"I understand and i know that already. You don't have to worry about that, Myoui Mina." 

Myoui Mina is Minatozaki Sana's cousin. From the outside they might look like an ordinary girl who possessed a mesmerizing beauty and brain. They have so many fans in their school. Teachers favored them since they are such a good and brilliant kid in class. But no one knows, not even suspecting, the real identity of these two 'perfect' girls.

Minatozaki Sana and Myoui Mina are not an ordinary girl. They are different. How different?

When the others can only live for 50 years, 60 years or maybe 90 years at most, Sana and Mina can live for more than a hundred years.

When the others will get older and weaker because they can't fight against time that keep on ticking, Sana and Mina will never ever get old. Not even a wrinkle. They will be forever young, and pretty, and strong.

Because they are not an ordinary girl.

They are not even a human to begin with. Not anymore.

Well, it's such a long story as to why they could become what they are now.

 

Once the school bell ring, the two sisters leave the classroom just like the other students do, as they as always, try to blended with the others by following their habits.

Mina and Sana go to the school canteen for having their lunch. Well, actually these two don't need to eat foods as in real foods. All they need is a bag of blood once in a day to keep them away from hunger and also to keep their 'sanity'. But having human foods like this can be considered as their 'snack' to killing the free time they have when they are in school. Besides human's foods taste not bad in their tongue.

*****

 

*Flashback to 3 weeks ago*

"Ouch!" Two girl accidentally bumped against each other and caused both of them to fell on their .

The brunette is the one who recovered faster than the another.

"You're okay? I'm sorry for knocking on you." Sana apologized as she helped the poor girl to stand up.

"Ah, it's okay, sunbaenim. It's me who should apologize for not being careful." The girl with onyx eyes and pale white skin said as she bowed deeply at her senior.

Once the girl stand back up and their eyes meet, Sana can't help but to let out a loud gasp.

"Mi-- MINYOUNG?!?" She exclaimed in both surprised and disbelief.

"Minyoung? Ah, no no, my name is Kim Dahyun. I'm a freshman. Nice to meet you uh..."

"Sana. Minatozaki Sana." Sana said with a smile as she pointed at herself. She might be smiling on the outside when in fact she's scolding herself and beat herself up on the inside. How can she stupidly thought this girl is Minyoung? Minyoung is dead, hundred years ago. There's no way she will come back to life.

". I hope i didn't scare this poor hoobae of mine." Sana inwardly thought.

"Sana sunbae, i'll be going first since my class will start in 5 minutes. Have a great day, sunbae." Dahyun bowed once again at her senior before she takes her leave.

Meanwhile Sana can only look at the girl's back until it vanished from her sight.

"What kind of game that life want to play with me now? And why Kim Dahyun resembled Minyoung so much? The only differences are their hair color and the style of clothes that they wore. This is crazy."

*************

 

Ever since that encounter, Sana and Dahyun somehow become a close friend or more like a close hoobae-sunbae to each other. Sana can't deny that the main 'attraction' of Dahyun that draw her toward the latter is the similarity she shared with Minyoung, at first. But after knowing Dahyun more, Sana can tell that Minyoung and Dahyun is indeed two different persons. Minyoung is a reserved, calm and a bit shy person when she meet new people. It'll take quite some time for her to get used to someone new. While Dahyun, she's such an energetic girl that always flashing her big smile to everyone. She's friendly, easy going and a bit boyish at time. She's more like an extrovert while Minyoung is an introvert. They are almost like the total opposite of each other.

*****

 

Everything went normally. Sana thought she finally able to have a peaceful human life that she wanted. But unfortunately her peaceful life didn't last that long.

On the second month after she met Dahyun, there's a rumor that the school will have a new student who just transfered from abroad. This new student got so many attention even before she officially start her class because they said she is insanely pretty and handsome at the same time. Both girls and boys are drooling over her. But some students also said that the new girl has somehow a dark aura around her since she never smiles. She always put up her flat-poker face. She ignored everyone who try to make a conversation with her. And her light blonde hair also added a stronger image for her. She looks like a badass. 

 

"Oh my God, is that really Momo onee-san?" Mina asked in surprised as she run toward the blonde girl to make sure.

"Momo onee-san!!" Mina called out once she's only few feets away from Momo.

"Minari!" Momo turned her back around when she heard someone's calling for her name, just to see her cousin that she missed so badly running toward her in a full (human) speed. They kinda lost contact for the past one hundred years since Momo was purposely disappear and hide herself.

The two hugged each other for quite some time before they finally break the hug.

"I missed you, onee-san."

"I missed you too, Minari. I really didn't expect to meet you in here. I thought you're somewhere in Japan."

"Yeah, i just recently moved to Korea after knowing that Sana onee-san lived in here for the past 30 years."

"Nani? Sana is in here too? Aww, what a surprised. Guess it's about time before i have a little reunion with my beloved sister." Momo scoffed.

"Please don't fight again. You two always tried to get on each other's nerves whenever you two met."

"That's inevitable."

"It's NOT inevitable. You two really need to settle down whatever issues and problems that you two have. The feud between you and Sana onee-san already dragged for too long. It's not fun anymore."

"Can't promise you anything for now. Anyway, i met someone in my class. This person surprisingly resembled Minyoungie like a lot."

"Ah, you already met her? Her name is Kim Dahyun right? BUT! Don't even think to get close to her because she's Sana onee-san's."

"Interesting. The fact that Sana also wants her just added more reason for me to approach her as well." Momo smirked.

"MOMO ONEE-SAN! Dame desu yo! Don't."

"Don't worry my little Minari. I won't kill your beloved cousin. I just missed the good old times when i can happily played around with my sister. It's fun you know to and see her wrath."

"I really can't understand you sometimes. Fine, do whatever you want but you're on your own. You know since i was a kid, i always like you the most among the other cousins. But ever since that event, you've changed become someone that i barely know. It's not that i want to go against you and siding with Sana onee-san. It's just that we both know how you were the one who's at fault most of the time. You, this new you scared me, onee-san. But you have to know that no matter what, forever you will always be my favorite cousin. I'll be going now. See you around." Mina slightly bowed at Momo before she turned her back on Momo and leave.

"You can barely know me you said? It's funny because that makes two of us." Momo said lowly under her breath once Mina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter