Chaos

The Devil Beside Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoo Jungyeon! Let go of her this instant!" Jihyo shouted in horror when she get inside her class just to see Jungyeon choking Mina who is underneath her, hardly gasping for air.

"Park Jihyo, stay away from this." Jungyeon hissed as she's tightening her grip around Mina's neck, making Mina to coughing blood so hard. The reason why Mina is coughing out blood is because Jungyeon tricked her to drink something that actually she mixed with Vervain. Mina being the kind girl she is, didn't suspect a thing since Jungyeon is also 'someone' she knows. The two ever attended the same classes too even though they were barely talk to each other.

"YAH YOO JUNGYEON!" Jihyo used her werewolf power to pushed Jungyeon away. Jungyeon was beyond surprise because Jihyo can pushed her away. She is not a weak person because she had trained herself to be ready for years, even since she was 6 because it's like a tradition in her family to be trained intensely like that in order to carry their 'job'.

"Park Jihyo! I told you to not interfere. Myoui Mina is not an ordinary girl. She's dangerous!" Jungyeon shouted as she glared at Jihyo who has Mina securely in her hold, protecting the latter who's still trying to breathe normally. Mina looks so weak because Vervain has got into her system and it's hurting her on the inside like hell.

"I KNOW THAT ALREADY! SHE'S A VAMPIRE SO WHAT? IT'S NOT LIKE SHE TRIES TO HARM ANYONE, DOES SHE?" Jihyo rebuked.

"What? You know this all along and yet you still want to protect her? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" 

"What are you, Jungyeon-ah? There's no way you're an ordinary human. Surely not because you almost kill my vampire friend." Jihyo skeptically asked, and not for once let her guard down since she believes Jungyeon still want to kill Mina.

"I am. I am an ordinary human. I'm just happened to be a hunter."

"Hunter?"

"Yeah. A hunter. That's why i should kill her."

"Then you should kill me too because i'm not an ordinary human. I'm a werewolf!"

"Is this some kind of a joke to you?"

"I'm not joking, Yoo Jungyeon!"

"Fine, let's say you are indeed a werewolf. So what? I don't have a responsibility to eradicate you because it's vampire that i have to kill. I am a vampire hunter, not a werewolf hunter. I don't even think that werewolf hunter is exist. You know why? Because werewolf supposed to hate vampire too. They will be our ally since we have the same enemy. Instead of befriending them, your instinct supposed to make you do the otherwise, Jihyo-yah. I believe sooner or later you will prey on vampires too, just like me and my family. Aside from that, it's vampire that has their need to drink human's blood to survive while the other supernatural beings can continue their life without cause harm to human race."

"There's no way i will hurt Mina. I owe her my life."

"Whatever. This will be my last warning for you, Park Jihyo. I really don't want to hurt you, i don't want to hurt innocent people but if you give me no choice.." Jungyeon trailed off.

"AND MINA IS INNOCENT TOO!"

"No, she's not. She drink Jin Ae's blood few days ago, right from her neck, causing the poor girl almost fainted because someone's just took her blood a little bit too much. Mina also compelled her with her mind compulsion ability so Jin Ae won't remember anything."

"Mina won't do such things! You have to make sure first that it's indeed Mina who did that."

"I have a proof, Jihyo-ah. You think i'm that reckless? To just accused at random people without having a proof with me?"

"What is that proof?"

"I found Mina's scarf circling around Jin Ae's neck. And when i tried to take off the scarf from Jin Ae, she resisted so much, saying she can't let it go. When i finally managed to pulled it off, i saw a red biting mark on her neck. Isn't that clear enough?"

"What if someone stole Mina's scarf and want to frame her?"

"God! Stop defending her with excuses will you?! Guess there's no point in trying to talk with you. I'll just execute what i should do now."

"Over my dead body." Jihyo said through her gritted teeth.

Jihyo doesn't know how, maybe simply out of her instinct as a werewolf who sense danger around her, or maybe because of the spirit she has to protect someone she loves, she can feel her body starts to 'changing' even when it's not full moon right now. She's not turning into a werewolf but her eyes' color changed into green color and she can feels the surge of energy and power inside her body.

She knows she's ready for a fight..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter