Conscience

The Devil Beside Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo like always, instead of sitting in her class and listening to her teacher, she chose to spend her time in the school's rooftop alone by herself as she enjoyed the warm breeze of spring.

She heard some footsteps coming closer approaching her place. And soon the door behind her harshly pushed open.

"Hirai Momo." The visitor called out.

"What took you so long to find me, Yoo Jungyeon-ssi?" Momo turned around and greet her visitor with a smile, as if she's welcoming a good old friend of hers.

"Why i'm not so surprised that you already know my name.." Jungyeon too replied with a smile. The two might smiling at each other right now, but whoever who see this surely will immediately feel the dangerous tension build among the two. The two is smiling, but both of them surely know how to make their already obvious fake smile look so ugly and sickening.

"Enough with the chit chat. Shall we begin?" Jungyeon asked through her gritted teeth.

"Oh, sure. Just give me a sec to move these pots to a safer place. We both know how this place will be quite messy place once we're done playing." Momo relaxly take the small pot of flowers that placed near the railings and move them one by one toward the furtherst corner of the rooftop with her vampire speed, obviously 'bragging' and at the same time teasing the hunter who's in the verge of yelling at her and launching herself at Momo to stab the blonde vampire with a dagger made from oak wood that dipped with Vervain, right on her heart.

*aside from VERVAIN, oak wood is also one of vampire's biggest enemies since it can kill her if the wood stabbed on their heart just like a dagger that dipped with VERVAIN for years.*

"ENOUGH WITH THE PLAYING, YOU BASTARD!" Jungyeon shouting at the top of her lungs and running toward Momo with an incredibly fast speed, considering she's a human, not a supernatural being.

Momo just mockingly smirked before she blinked her eyes and glared at Jungyeon with her bloody red eyes and as-sharp-as-blade fangs.

"Bring it on, mate." 

Jungyeon launched a kick toward Momo, aiming her stomach but Momo is agile enough to dodged the kick. Jungyeon then kick higher and aimed her head but again Momo avoid it by jumping high on the air before she's landing back in a split second and punched Jungyeon hard on her arrogant face, causing Jungyeon to get pushed few meters away with a small cut on her lips but the latter is still standing on her two feet, showing how strong and stable she is. That's quite amusing for Momo to witnessed because if it's for the other ordinary human, surely they will knocked out and groaning in pain on the floor with their swollen-bloody face. They might still breathing but surely won't able to stand back up on their feet right away like what Jungyeon did.

"Well well well. Not bad. I kinda like you now, mate. It's been awhile since i have not-so-weak-and-useless human as my playmate." Momo said with a laugh. You must be wondering what's so funny that make the blonde laugh. Well, that's Hirai Momo for you. It's never easy to understand her. She herself couldn't understand herself either sometimes.

"Let's see who will laugh once this dagger stabbed into your cold heart." Jungyeon scoffed and pulled out her dagger.

"Uuhhh, i'm scared." Momo mockingly purred.

Little did Momo know, Jungyeon is not alone.

When Momo and Jungyeon is BUSY trying to choke each other to death, there's someone who's smartly hide herself behind the pillar. In the normal situation, Momo surely will find out about that suspicious someone, but since she's 'busy' right now, and she put her focus 99% to the opponent in front of her, she subconsciously lower down her sensitivity about her surroundings. All she focus about right now is to ripping off the arrogant hunter's head.

The black haired girl with an arc that aiming her arrow at Momo, is ready to pull the trigger and let the arrow to hit her target. 

If it's just an ordinary arrow, it will hurt Momo a bit, causing a little pain before the wound healed in no time. But no, it's an extraordinary arrow since it made from Oak wood, just like the dagger in Jungyeon's hand right now. In fact, they made the weapon together since Seungyeon, the black haired girl's name, is Jungyeon's older sister who is also trained to be a strong vampire hunter. But even though she's older than Jungyeon, she's not as strong as her sister. She's not as great as her sister as a fighter. That's why most of the cases they solved together, it's always Jungyeon who stood in the front line, ready for a direct attack, face to face combat while her sister will hide and choose to fight from afar or sometimes with an ambush plan.

"1..2..3." And Seungyeon let go of the arrow and it's rapidly streaking toward Momo.

"Oneesan!" Mina who appeared out of nowhere pushed Momo away just in time and make the two of them to ducked down before they fall on the group with Mina on top of Momo.

"What the--" Momo hissed and easily found Seungyeon. She changed her target now, from the younger hunter to her older sister. Seungyeon was too surprised to react when Momo run toward her in a full speed and throttle her so hard until her face become so red and her breath become uneven and short.

"LET GO OF HER YOU BASTARD!" Jungyeon who saw her sister's pained expression immediately rushed toward Momo to stop the vampire from killing her sister.

"Momo oneesan, don't kill her!" Mina warned from where she stands.

"Girls.. You're all just too loud." Momo calmly said with her hands still tightly circling around Seungyeon's neck. "Who said i will kill her? I'll just turn her become like me. And let's see what her beloved little sister will do with her vampire unnie." Momo smirked and snapped Seungyeon's head to the right, making a loud cracking sound when Momo broke her neck.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Jungyeon screamed in horror and stab Momo on her back with the dagger.

Momo fell down, kneeling with both knees on the floor as she's gritting her teeth, trying to bear the pain from her back. Jungyeon successfully make Momo to let go of her sister. But she's too late.

"UNNIEEEEEE!!" Jungyeon wailed and shook Seungyeon's bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter