Invading your space

The Devil Beside Me (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*flashback*

 

"Domo gomenasai, Sana unnie."

"What are you sorry for, Im Minyoung? Sorry for breaking my heart? Sorry because you can't love me back? Sorry for turning me into a monster? Sorry because you ruined my family and made my sister become my enemy now?" Sana asked, trying her best to keep herself composed because she surely will yell if she ever lost to her temper. And that will be ugly for sure.

"Yes, i'm sorry for all of that. I'm sorry for everything that i put you through. I'm sorry for ruining you and your sister's life. I'm sorry for causing you pain. You can hate me for the rest of your life, unnie. I deserve it."

"I won't."

"Pardon?"

"I said i won't. I won't hate you for the rest of my life, Im Minyoung. Not because i love you so much, but because i want to live peacefully. I will let go of you and the memories of you because by hating you, it means i will keep you in my mind for 24/7. You'll always be there in the back of my mind, haunting me. Therefore i'll learn to let you go." Minyoung just sadly smiled after hearing Sana's answer. She feels sad because Sana will forget about her. Yeah, Im Minyoung is a selfish . She can't love Sana back but she still want the latter to remember her, to keep loving her.

"I just wish, if there will be a second chance, perhaps like in the next life, i can meet you first. So i can fall for you first. So i can love you instead of your sister. Because everything will be less complicated to be that way, don't you think?" Minyoung bitterly smiled.

Sana didn't nod nor shake her head to that. She just stayed mum.

 

 

"Next life huh?"

 

(PRESENT TIME)

You said you're sorry that you can't love me. You said if love is something that can be control, you will love me instead of my sister because loving me won't be as complicated as loving my sister. Because you think i can love you more, i can treat you better than her. But the reality is, love is something that can't be control. And your heart.. it already choose my sister. Even if there's a space for me in there, i will never can steal the place that my sister owned. So i try to accept the truth and move on. I try to give my bless to you and her. But i just can't get rid of this bad feeling. So i ended up hating her. I hate her so much. I blame her for stealing you from me. I blame her for being so selfish and mean. I blame her for all of these disasters that happened in my life, in your life, in everyone's life. I hate her up to the point i have some evil plots in my head on how to get rid of her forever. I always hate her ever since she stole you from me. But i'll never hate you. I always try to understand you, but i never did when it comes to my sister. Guess she's not the only bad person in here because i think i am a bad person too after all. Pain and love could change people they said. So in my case, is it pain, or is it love that changed me become this bad person? Perhaps it's both.

I feel so unfair. Because the three of us meet at the same time and yet she is the one who can win your heart. Maybe.. just maybe.. if i met you first, you'll fall for me instead of her. Maybe if i stand in front of you fast enough before her, you'll set your eyes and your heart on me, not my sister. Maybe. It was you who gave me that idea.

So if i have a chance later in the future, perhaps in our next life.. i want to try that. I want to run to you first before my sister. And maybe in that life, you can finally love me instead of her and we can have our happy ending.

But no i was wrong. Even after i arrived first in your life, you still choose her instead of me in the end.

Guess this is just my fate. A unchangeable fate that i have to accept and live with since no matter how many time i try to 'restart' this, the ending will always be the same.

You and her. And i will be out of the picture. The end.

 *****

 

"Where were you yesterday? You weren't in class all day but i'm sure i saw you in the lunch break." Dahyun put down her bag on the floor and as always, claiming the vacant seat beside Momo.

"I was busy killing someone." Momo mumbled.

"Ha. So funny, Hirai Momo. Anyway, here my book if you want to write down the notes from yesterday's lessons." Dahyun took out her books and put them beside Momo's hand since the latter is currently resting her head on her arm on the table.

"I don't need it."

"Eyy, you're going to need it. Anyw--"

"EARTHQUAKE!" Someone's yelling and suddenly everyone gone panic because of both the commotions, people are yelling and running to here and there, trying to leave the building as fast as possible and also because the strong shook and pulsation coming from the ground where they are standing right now because of the earthquake.

"Haish." Momo groaned.

"Yah! Let's go, Momo! We need to leave this school building." Dahyun said as she grabs her bag, slings it on her shoulder and using her another hand to pull Momo's arm.

Momo just obediently follow the pull and run with Dahyun.

They bumped against the other students along the way and once the big sturdy guy from baseball team accidentally collided with Dahyun and causing the poor girl to get pushed away to the side. Luckily Dahyun and Momo's hand are clasping tight on each other so Momo still can manager to pull Dahyun's back toward her before the poor girl get shoved to the school locker.

So instead of get her body collided with the locker, she feels herself get engulfed in a warm protective embrace of Hirai Momo.

"That stupid fat guy. What the use of those big muscles when he can scream louder than a teenage girl in this kind of situation." Momo hissed.

"Yah, you okay?" Momo bend her head down to check on the shorter girl in her embrace.

"N-ne." Dahyun stuttered. Her heart is beating so fast on the inside because of this close proximity with Momo.

Momo slowly let go of her hold on Dahyun and instead she grabs Dahyun's left hand with her right and intertwining their fingers. Both girls can feel that the pulsation is getting worse compare to before. It's getting stronger and the situation right now become scarier than ever since some of the girls who are still in the school building are crying and keept shouting for help.

Momo just sighed before she turned to face Dahyun who looks so scared right now.

"Listen annoying girl. You have to stay behind me. And no matter what happen, don't let go of my hand. And i promise you we'll be out of this place soon. Safe and sounds. You trust me right?" Momo asked calmly, showing no fear, worry or whatsoever in her face. And it somehow can put Dahyun at ease. Momo looks so dependable. It makes Dahyun feel safe if Momo is there with her.

"Ne. I trust you, Momo." Dahyun finally said.

"Good." Momo smiles, not so wide but sincere and it surely caught Dahyun off guard.

"She's so pretty when she smiles like that. I want to see her smile again. I want to see it often." Dahyun thought.

The girls resuming their running and trying their best to run passed the crowds that made from both human and also their belongings that scattered everywhere because of the shook.

Right now Momo and Dahyun is running down the stairs and they are already in the 2nd floor. They are running from the highest level of the school building so surely it was q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter