| The Breakfast For Today is Misunderstanding

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong woke up in the living room.
 

She remembered watching two other movies with Jimin, as per the latter's request. She couldn't remember anything after that. Her guess was she had already fallen asleep.

But she was sitting on the carpeted floor last night, how did she end up on the couch?

The question was spiraling inside her head. It only stopped when she saw a sticky note on her refrigerator.

Hey, goodmorning! Just wanted to tell you that I already left earlier, and I'm hoping you'd see this after you wake up. Sorry if I couldn't bring you to your room, this house is so big I might bring you to the wrong one. Anw, I had fun last night. I hope we can do it again. See you later, Mindeongie :)

—Your Yuji 

"Your?" Minjeong mumbled and shook her head. 

'She's such a tease sometimes.'

Minjeong took a bath after that. She still has a classes today and she was unlucky since she woke up a bit late. She wore her yellow Lakers hoodie and black sweatpants. Her hair is still a bit wet, but she doesn't have time to dry it with a blower so she just let it be. She slung her bag on shoulders and went out of the house. 

She just realized that she didn't have any breakfast.

"Whatever, I'll just eat later." Minjeong mumbled while locking the door. She was about to walk her way to the school when a car drove beside her. 

Minjeong didn't have to think twice to know who owns that car. 

"Minjeongie!" The window rolled down, revealing a smiling Ningning. "Goodmorning!"

"Goodmorning…?"

'What is she doing here?'

"Get inside!" The red haired girl exclaimed. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Just get inside first!" 

"Okay?" Minjeong mumbled and went inside the car. She wore her seatbelt before facing Ningning who started to drive again. 

"So? Care to tell me? I thought you have a schedule for today."

"I do." Ningning said. "Just went here to check up on you."

"Well, thank you." Minjeong rolled her eyes. She knows Ningning has another motive. "Seriously, why did you go here?"

"I saw someone yesterday."

"And?" 

'What does it have to do with me?'

"It's Jimin, I saw her."

"…And?" Minjeong couldn't help but to feel a bit tense. 

"I saw her walk out of your house in the middle of the night, Kim." Ningning revealed. "Actually, no. I think that was already 2 AM? When I saw her? Yeah, at that time." 

"Oh."

"Uh-huh." Ningning slightly smiled when she saw Minjeong's reaction. "Care to tell me something now, Minjeongie?"

"Wait, how did you see her? You went to my house?"

"I was supposed to. But I drove back to my unit after I saw her."

"At 2 AM? Seriously?"

Ningning chuckled. "What? I just finished my schedule that time. And don't change the topic, Minjeong. I'm the one who's supposed to interrogate you today."

"Fine." Minjeong sighed. "Drop the questions."

"What is she doing there? What did you do with her? How come you're close with her when I barely see you hanging out with each other? What—"

"What the hell, Ningning. Slow down!"

"What? You said drop the questions, so I dropped it!"

"Jisoos." Minjeong shook her head. "I'll answer it one by one."

"K, fine." Ningning rolled her eyes. "What is she doing inside your house?"

"We had a movie marathon."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, is there anything else that is supposed to happen?" 

"Calm down, Pup. Anyway, how close are you with her?" 

"…I don't think we're really close."

"Huh? She's staying at your house until two in the morning and you're telling me you're not that close with her?"

"Let me explain." Minjeong said. "I just saw her in the convenience store yesterday and she said she wanted to spend time with me, I already planned to have a movie marathon that time so I just suggested if she wants to come. She agreed. That's all."

"Huh, okay." Ningning nodded slowly. "That's good."

"Good?"

"That's good because I don't want you to get involved in a mess…or create a mess. I don't want you to get hurt."

"What do you mean?"

Ningning glanced at her, before looking back at the road. "I think Aeri is already on the move."

Minjeong didn't say anything and let Ningning speak.

"I saw them shopping last time at the mall. Based on their actions, I think they are really close with each other."

Minjeong looked away, completely ignoring the pang in her heart. "Good for them."

"I'm not saying that you should stop hanging out with her, Minjeongie. I'm just letting you know so you could avoid any issues with Aeri."

The short haired girl cleared . "Don't worry, I-I don't like her that way."

Ningning nodded. "If you say so."

"You sounded like you don't believe me."

"I believe in you, I trust you. But the thing is," Ningning stopped the car in front of the school. "It's not the same in the other way around."

"Huh?"

Ningning smiled. "You should get going now. You're going to be late."

Minjeong stared at her in silence, before sighing. "Thanks for the ride, Ning."

"Always welcome."

Minjeong got out of the car and waved at Ningning befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter