| Of Sacrifices And Risks

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Kim Minjeong

 

 

 

"Unnie, where are you right now?"

"I'm near, baby. Wait for me there." I heard her speak. "Minjeong-ah…"

I closed my eyes firmly.

"Are you okay?"

Am I okay?

I just confessed, and Yuji likes me too—no, she loves me. And she's here with me right now, looking at me with concern.

"I'm okay." I muttered. "I'm okay, Unnie."

I'm not. 

"…Alright." She said, although she sounded like she didn't believe me. "Wait for me, hmm? I'm going there."

The call ended.

Despite all the happiness I felt when I found out that she loves me, it was all washed up with the sudden sadness and tiredness.

I just got back from Japan.

When we went home to Aeri's house yesterday, I immediately packed my things. Ryujin saw it. She asked no questions and packed her things too. I know she knows something now. It may not be all of it, but I guess she had a hunch since she saw my puffy eyes. 

She woke the others up from their sleep, telling them that we'll fly to Korea. 

I felt bad. 

That was supposed to be a wonderful vacation, a good time for everyone. But I just ruined it.

However, they said it was no issue. Like Ryujin, they seemed to know something already, except for Yuna who looked drunk and confused the whole time. 

Ningning left earlier than me.

I think when I left the house to meet Aeri, she already packed her things and left too. She sent a text, saying that she'll fly away to China to see her family and she'll stay there for a while.

I know she just wanted to avoid being with me.

And no matter how much it hurts to accept, I understand her. 

It's hard to get over the feelings when the person you like is so close to you. Just like how I was before with Yuji.

I will wait for her to come by. 

I will wait for the day that everything will become better again.

But for now, I want to rest.

I want to go away and be alone. 

Hence why when we flew back to Korea, I immediately called Jennie Unnie. I don't care anymore if my friends see her. That's the least of my problems right now. 

"Yuji…" 

She flinched when she heard me call her name. I think she was expecting me to be quiet since I was really quiet back in the plane. 

"Yes? Do you need anything, love?"

She has been calling me love since yesterday and our friends have heard it too. But to my surprise, it was just Yuna who seemed shocked. 

"I might be gone for a while." I said, giving her a small smile. "Let's all have a rest."

"Where are you going?" She immediately asked. "And hey, I told you that you can rest on me, right?"

"…To somewhere." I answered. "It will only be just for two days. I think we all need time for ourselves, Yuji. The things that happened to us…it's not that easy to take."

I faced her. "I know it was hard for you too. So I want you to rest."

She stared at me for a few seconds before sighing. "Okay…I guess I need it too."

I nodded. 

"But promise me…"

"Promise what?" I asked. 

She smiled. "Promise me you'll come back to me, okay?"

"I…" I trailed off. "I pro—"

"Minjeongie," We both turned our heads to Ryujin who suddenly spoke beside us. “I know this is your business and not mine but,’’ She looked at us. "Whatever happened yesterday, I hope you won't lose your friendship with Aeri."

I didn't speak.

"It confused the hell out of me when I saw you came home with puffy eyes, and without Aeri. I may not know anything right now but one thing's for sure…everything will be okay, Puppy."

I hope so. 

I really do hope so.

But everything is not fine right now and I have to accept it. We have to. 

We need time for ourselves, to reflect about everything that happened. We were so consumed by our feelings and the situation that it resulted a bad effect to us. 

They all need it. I need it.

"…Don't worry, Ryu." I muttered. Glancing at Yuji who's just listening to us. "We'll be okay."

Ryujin smiled at me. A comforting smile. 

And I'm thankful for that.

"Minjeong-ah!"

I turned to look at the person who shouted my name. 

"M-miss Jennie Kim? What is she doing here?"

I heard Yuna muttered behind me, but I didn't have the chance to answer her because Unnie came running to me, greeting me with a hug.

"I missed you, Pup."

Pup…

I forced a smile. 

"I missed you too, Unnie." 

"W-wait, Minjeongie," Chaeryeong said. "What's going on?"

I looked at all my friends, and I couldn't help but to chuckle because they all have the same reaction. Bewildered faces. 

Especially Yuna who has her jaw dropped. 

I cleared my throat. "Uh, she's my—"

"Girlfriend."

What?!

"Excuse me?" My gaze shifted to Yuji who suddenly spoke.

Unnie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter