Fin | From Afar

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Week Later.

 

 

 

 

"Thanks for the breakfast." Ningning said and lifted the paper bag filled with homemade breakfast from Minjeong. 

The latter got out of the car. But before walking away, she crouched down and knocked on the windshield.

"Eat on time, Ning!"

"I will." Ningning smiled at her, mouthing the words 'See you soon' before starting the car again. Minjeong stepped back as she watched Ningning drive away from her. 

The singer will be gone for weeks because of another world tour concert. She has been busy but she never forgets to check on Minjeong whenever she has free time. 

Minjeong knows that Ningning is still in love with her. The former already said that it won't change. But this time, Ningning is already content with what they have right now. She values her friendship with Minjeong more than to lose it over her feelings. She's only there for Minjeong as a friend, nothing more and nothing less. 

"Minjeongie!" The short haired girl heard Aeri greeted as soon as she stepped inside the school. She saw her friends sitting on the bench, waiting for her. 

She stopped in front of them with a smile.

"Hey guys," She greeted, glancing at Yeji and Chaeryeong. "They're still not done yet?"

"They are already done, I think Jisu and Jimin are checking everything just to be sure." Yeji answered.

Jimin couldn't drive Minjeong to school earlier because of the council duties. They will have an event later, so Minjeong knows that her lover would surely be busy. 

"Are they coming here?"

"Yep, they said they will." Chaeryeong said, looking at the side. "Actually, they're here."

"Hi girls!" Jisu greeted them cheerfully as soon as they got closer.

"Hey girls," Jimin greeted everyone, before standing beside Minjeong. "Hi, love."

"Ah, here we go again. The lovebirds." Ryujin rolled her eyes playfully. 

"As if you're not with Yeji." Yuna snorted. 

"Speaking of lovebirds," Aeri spoke and looked at the two. "Are you guys 'officially' lovebirds now?"

Just like Ningning, Aeri knows where she stands now. Of course, it isn't that easy to move on from someone you really like. And saying that Aeri has moved on from Jimin is not exactly right. She, however, has moved on from the idea of Jimin and her having a chance being together. 

She is just genuinely happy for her best friend right now. 

"…No." Minjeong and Jimin answered in chorus.

"They are still not," Ryujin said. "But they kiss." 

"You don't eat something you don't own, Minjeong." Yuna friend. 

"Why would you even say it like that?" The short haired girl sighed. 

"Girls," Jimin butted into the conversation. "We're still waiting for the right time."

"Here we go again with the 'right time'." Yeji shook her head. 

Minjeong cleared . "I remember, I thought you both have to perform today? The event is for your troupe, afterall." She asked, pertaining to Yeji and Chaeryeong.

"Smooth change of topic," Chaeryeong chuckled. "But to answer your question, we just came here because Yeji wants to see Ryujin before getting ready for the performance."

"How about me?" Yuna asked, frowning.

"How about you?"

"You didn't come here to see me?"

"Of course, I did." Chaeryeong answered, which made Yuna smile widely—only to frown once again when Chaeryeong followed it with, "Because I need to charge you with those pizzas you bought with my money."

"Geez, I actually hoped that you would forget about that."

Jimin chuckled at the two. She quietly went behind Minjeong, hugging the girl. 

"Sorry if I didn't bring you to school today." 

"It's fine." Minjeong said, holding the arms that are wrapped around her. "Ningning brought me here."

"Speaking of, she'll be having a world tour, right?"

Minjeong nodded cutely, which made Jimin kiss her cheek. 

"It ," The taller girl said, placing her chin on Minjeong's shoulder. "I can't be with you often today, I have duties to fulfill."

"As you should." Minjeong laughed. "I can't have you slacking around just because of me."

"Hmm, now you're giving me an idea."

"Yuji!" 

"I'm kidding." Jimin grinned. "Of course I wouldn't set aside my responsibilities. But," She kissed Minjeong's cheek again. "I want us to spend time together."

"Tonight?"

"Yup."

"Okay."

"Okay." Jimin repeated with a smile. 

"Jimin," Jisu called, interrupting the two from their sweet conversation. "President Soyeon is looking for us, we have to go now." 

"Alright." Jimin slowly pulled away from Minjeong, but not before kissing the latter's head. "I'll see you later, Mindeongie."

"I think we should go too." Yeji announced, kissing Ryujin's ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter